No announcement yet.

Assault on the Capitol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I can Google it, but I think I trust wufan and a few others here way more than anything else right now, and I'm basically "off" news at this point.

What is the implication that's being spouted about....are they saying that President Trump and or his close associates aided in the planning of the Capitol Assault and proof is forthcoming? Or something entirely different?

Thank you...tuned out minds want to know...…...

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I know I can Google it, but I think I trust wufan and a few others here way more than anything else right now, and I'm basically "off" news at this point.

What is the implication that's being spouted about....are they saying that President Trump and or his close associates aided in the planning of the Capitol Assault and proof is forthcoming? Or something entirely different?

Thank you...tuned out minds want to know...…...
      He’s saying that it was pre-planned so Trump couldn’t have incited the violence and that the Capitol police, FBI, and possibly Congress were aware.

The “pre-planned” part does seem likely true based off of the social media posts that have been investigated and the fact that barricades had already been breached prior to Trump finishing his speech.

The implication that there was a conspiracy to let it occur (by not acting on this knowledge) is the evidence that is allegedly forthcoming. Now that may or may not be the case, but both right and left political, legal, and media figures have used this tactic ALOT in the last year, so I am skeptical that an actual conspiracy occurred until said evidence is presented.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Not what I heard. His exact words were “there is significant evidence beginning to emerge” that ............

Whatever one thinks about Trump, it is inconceivable that this impeachment was rushed through w/o a proper investigation and witnesses. Impeachment will end up being a political weapon of the opposition to get rid of a President.
        Thanks for the correction. I should have paraphrased rather than quoted.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          I'm basically "off" news at this point.
          That's great to hear! You're adding days to your life while recalibrating your moral compass. A double bonus!

I did a quick Google this morning to read that certain Republicans are raging over the fact that they have to walk through a metal detector now (Pelosi's idea). I quickly put my phone away.

The only people that I know who hate cops, metal detectors, or background checks are law breakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

That's great to hear! You're adding days to your life while recalibrating your moral compass. A double bonus!

I did a quick Google this morning to read that certain Republicans are raging over the fact that they have to walk through a metal detector now (Pelosi's idea). I quickly put my phone away.

The only people that I know who hate cops, metal detectors, or background checks are law breakers.

In this instance, the person that wouldn’t allow the cops to search her, is legally allowed to posses a firearm in the Capitol. After the insurrection (I don’t have a problem calling an attack on a federal building an insurrection), Pelosi instituted metal detectors due to other House members being scared of white supremacists in congress.

Apparently it is okay to have a firearm in your office, but not in the entry way. Not sure how you get your firearm to your office without carrying it in.

Maybe she should have been arrested?
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

In this instance, the person that wouldn’t allow the cops to search her, is legally allowed to posses a firearm in the Capitol. After the insurrection (I don’t have a problem calling an attack on a federal building an insurrection), Pelosi instituted metal detectors due to other House members being scared of white supremacists in congress.

Apparently it is okay to have a firearm in your office, but not in the entry way. Not sure how you get your firearm to your office without carrying it in.

Maybe she should have been arrested?
              If she's legally allowed to carry a firearm, she should take out her sidearm (slowly) and lay it in the tray w/ the rest of her belongings. If there's a no-gun rule in the Capitol (they have ample armed security), you leave your weapon in the car. The issue of being allowed to keep it in your office but not carry it in on a daily basis probably requires a special arrangement w/ a guard bringing your gun to your office for you.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Wednesday said the chamber plans to adopt new rules charging members fines for refusing to go through newly installed metal detectors in the U.S. Capitol following last week’s deadly assault.

Pelosi in a statement said she expressed her "deepest gratitude to the U.S. Capitol Police for the valor that they showed" during the pro-Trump riot and claimed some Republicans "disrespected our heroes by verbally abusing them and refusing to adhere to basic precautions," when they refused to go through the metal detectors.

She added the new security changes are necessary to keep those work in the Capitol, including the Capitol police, safe.

The speaker said it was "tragic that this step is necessary."
              I didn't see where Pelosi gave white supremacy as the reason. This is what I found in 5 seconds (I won't search longer).

Comment

If she's legally allowed to carry a firearm, she should take out her sidearm (slowly) and lay it in the tray w/ the rest of her belongings.

[
                If you’re a private citizen dealing with an officer, you bet! If you are a congressman that owns a gun themed restaurant in Rifle, Colorado that ran on 2A, maybe you don’t.
                Livin the dream

Comment

I didn't see where Pelosi gave white supremacy as the reason. This is what I found in 5 seconds (I won't search longer).
                  She didn’t give that as a reason. There were democrats who states they were scared of the whites supremacist freshman. Then Pelosi instituted the detectors. Could just be happenstance that they want the congressmen and women to go through the new security protocol and had nothing to do with politics.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• AOC mentioned white supremacy
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lef...n-capitol-riot

A left wing BLM activist from Utah was arrested for being inside the Capitol during the riot. He claims he was just documenting the riot. Seems strange how he knew it was going to happen ahead of time but I don't know if anything will arise from this or not.

John Sullivan can allegedly be heard egging on protesters in video he provided to the FBI, according to a federal criminal complaint. He has also shared the video to his YouTube and Twitter accounts under the pseudonym Jayden X.

BLM ACTIVIST INSIDE CAPITOL CLAIMS HE WAS 'DOCUMENTING' RIOTS, ONCE SAID 'BURN IT ALL DOWN'

His brother turned him in.

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lef...n-capitol-riot

A left wing BLM activist from Utah was arrested for being inside the Capitol during the riot. He claims he was just documenting the riot. Seems strange how he knew it was going to happen ahead of time but I don't know if anything will arise from this or not.

John Sullivan can allegedly be heard egging on protesters in video he provided to the FBI, according to a federal criminal complaint. He has also shared the video to his YouTube and Twitter accounts under the pseudonym Jayden X.

BLM ACTIVIST INSIDE CAPITOL CLAIMS HE WAS 'DOCUMENTING' RIOTS, ONCE SAID 'BURN IT ALL DOWN'

His brother turned him in.

If you take a ribbon and one side is the far left and the other is the far right and lay it flat, they are on extreme ends. But, if you wrap it around those ends meet. Other than their favored groups there isn't a **** hair of difference between Antifa and these 3%/Proud Boy mother****ers.

"May God roast their stomachs in hell." - Baghdad Bob
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• 'Strong evidence' shows rioters intended to 'capture and assassinate elected officials,' prosecutors say (nbcnews.com)

Comment

• Yes. It is undisputed that there were some bad guys in the Capitol. A few had Confederate flags. I doubt they were innocent, but How many wanted to kill? All of them? The article headline indicates that ALL of the rioters intended to capture and assassinate elected officials but then it only mentions Jacob Chansley as one they have evidence of with this evil intent on his mind. Now, I'm sure there are more than just him, but how many of the several thousand people had this violence in mind and who else may have just become wrapped up in a mob action?

I have heard from some protesters who went to see Trump speak, say that they were appalled by the actions of the mob. I've heard others who were identified as participating in the riot, apologize and say they became wrapped up in the mob action. If they broke the law, prosecute them. None the less, all are being demonized by this article and others like it.
                            Last edited by Shockm; January 15, 2021, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Yes. It is undisputed that there were some bad guys in the Capitol. A few had Confederate flags. I doubt they were innocent, but How many wanted to kill? All of them? The article headline indicates that ALL of the rioters intended to capture and assassinate elected officials but then it only mentions Jacob Chansley as one they have evidence of with this evil intent on his mind. Now, I'm sure there are more than just him, but how many of the several thousand people had this violence in mind and who else may have just become wrapped up in a mob action?

I have heard from some protesters who went to see Trump speak, say that they were appalled by the actions of the mob. I've heard others who were identified as participating in the riot, apologize and say they became wrapped up in the mob action. If they broke the law, prosecute them. None the less, all are being demonized by this article and others like it.
                              I don't see how the headline indicates ALL. It just says rioters. If there were 1.000 protesters at a rally and it suddenly turned destructive and the protesters started looting and doing other lawless stuff, does that mean every single one of those 1,000 protesters was doing that? The headline didn't say ALL, but if it did, that's when you need to wonder what point the author was trying to make.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

I don't see how the headline indicates ALL. It just says rioters. .
                                It just sounds to me like he clumps all protesters into the same category. Not unusual in a political climate and the MSM often does that. That's my take.

Comment

Working...
                                X