Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    I really don't have a problem giving Afghanistan back to the Taliban. It seems to be the majority if the population. And if it's not, then the majority needs to start killing them some Taliban and stop being sheep.

But leaving our collaborators in the lurk is not acceptable. Even if it takes years to ensure they are extricated, so be it. We've been there for 20 years. Why the rush now?

That's What chaps my ass.
    I question that your comment that there is a Majority of the Afghani population supports the Taliban. I think that a majority of rural Extreme Muslim Warlords and their people may support them. However many do support the Taliban, I’m confident that a Majority of Afghani’s are totally Intimidated by the Taliban, and the fact that everywhere they’ve been taking control of the countryside, beheadings, murder, and torture have followed to all who backed the other side. This would include the Afghani military who deserted their tasks, and cut and ran so they wouldn’t be murdered and beheaded, and paved the way for a quick Taliban takeover.

To describe the Taliban terror, I just heard a story on television from a veteran of Afghanistan who had himself lost his two legs in an IED incident. According to him, he was proud to serve and keep America safe fro terror attacks for 20 years. But back to his story regarding Taliban terror, he had been given a small child from Afghani citizens, who the Taliban had thought to be “possessed”. The child had been placed from the waste down in boiling water to fix him. The U..S..forces became an ER group as they tried to give medical treatment to the child.
    Last edited by Shockm; August 16, 2021, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I question that your comment that there is a Majority of the Afghani population supports the Taliban. I think that a majority of rural Extreme Muslim Warlords and their people may support them. However many do support the Taliban, I’m confident that a Majority of Afghani’s are totally Intimidated by the Taliban, and the fact that everywhere they’ve been taking control of the countryside, beheadings, murder, and torture have followed to all who backed the other side. This would include the Afghani military who deserted their tasks, and cut and ran so they wouldn’t be murdered and beheaded, and paved the way for a quick Taliban takeover.
      Here's my thing though.

YOU (the Afghans) HAD 20 EFFING YEARS!!!! The U.S. was there, for 20 YEARS!!! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL EFF else do you want? This majority of the country can't fight? No will to fight? What is it? So, either the majority is fine with the Taliban, or they aren't willing to fight them. Either way, they had 20 years to get their **** together under the protection of the U.S. And still, there didn't ever really seem to be a strong majority of the country willing to be a wall against Taliban push.

You don't take over a country that fast unless you are invading France. I don't mean to be so blunt, or inconsiderate, and I feel awful for the people of that country, but it's all they know. It's a culture thing that we in the West will never understand and foolish to try and turn them into a Westernized region.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Bill Kristol
        @BillKristol @BillKristol

He's now forwarded me a text message from an Afghan friend. He asked that I tweet it. "Terrorists are going door to door and killing pilots and SOFs, raping their families, and taking their houses. Two of my friends were shot dead. In Kabul."

Comment

• I predict Biden will own this, and blame Trump. But he'll own it, or try to at least.

We should hear as soon as he finishes his pudding.

Comment

• Stephen Hayes @stephenfhayes

Joe Biden, the leader of the free world, portraying himself as a helpless, passive actor in Afghanistan. Pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Cost of an F 35c is $337 million with a lifetime cost of $1.6 billion. Where you got $50 mil, I don't know.
              $50 million might have been a little low, but the $337 million is a tad high

When the department finalized a deal for Lots 12-14 in October, it announced that it would reach its unit cost goal a year early in Lot 13, with those jets set to roll off the production line in 2021. The price per F-35A is set to lower from $82.4 million in Lot 12 to $79.2 million in Lot 13 down to $77.9 million in Lot 14.
              https://www.defensenews.com/industry...t-a-wall-soon/

Could find no
              data on the F35C (carrier version), so they may not be delivering them yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Could find no
                Not hard to find.

"A single Air Force F-35A costs a whopping $148 million. One Marine Corps F-35B costs an unbelievable $251 million. A lone Navy F-35C costs a mind-boggling $337 million. Average the three models together, and a “generic” F-35 costs $178 million."
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Could find no
                  Also, the $80 mil cost for the f 35 is being negotiated for lots 15-18. Prices should drop over time. These are also not flyaway costs, these are airframe costs. The f 35 is much more expensive than any drone. Also, drones are expendable vs. manned aircraft. That is one of the purposes of drones, also, if a drone get shot down, it doesn't necessitate a response.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Jonah Goldberg @JonahDispatch

Biden: the Buck stops with me and I take full responsibility but my hands were tied by Trump and this is the Afghan military’s fault. We were prepared for this, but we were caught off guard. We’re giving the country to the Taliban but we’ll hold them accountable.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Here's my thing though.

YOU (the Afghans) HAD 20 EFFING YEARS!!!! The U.S. was there, for 20 YEARS!!! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL EFF else do you want? This majority of the country can't fight? No will to fight? What is it? So, either the majority is fine with the Taliban, or they aren't willing to fight them. Either way, they had 20 years to get their **** together under the protection of the U.S. And still, there didn't ever really seem to be a strong majority of the country willing to be a wall against Taliban push.

You don't take over a country that fast unless you are invading France. I don't mean to be so blunt, or inconsiderate, and I feel awful for the people of that country, but it's all they know. It's a culture thing that we in the West will never understand and foolish to try and turn them into a Westernized region.
                      So you’re with Joe Biden, who wanted out no matter what. Afghanistan is not an easy country to understand. They’ve never been a typical country, but we only had 2500 troops there and hadn’t lost any troop lives for a year in a half. Maybe you and Biden were right but it doesn’t seem like it. This exit seemed to go way bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

So you’re with Joe Biden, who wanted out no matter what. Afghanistan is not an easy country to understand. They’ve never been a typical country, but we only had 2500 troops there and hadn’t lost any troop lives for a year in a half. Maybe you and Biden were right but it doesn’t seem like it. This exit seemed to go way bad.
                        That’s a very binary way to look at what ShockerPrez said.

It’s okay to want to have a strong overseas presence or none at all. It’s okay to want to leave or stay. The withdrawal by Biden was not only disastrous, but deadly.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Chalk up a huge victory for the white patriarchy [Afghanistan]. Liberals in the US should be frothing at the mouth, but they're not.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

That’s a very binary way to look at what ShockerPrez said.

It’s okay to want to have a strong overseas presence or none at all. It’s okay to want to leave or stay. The withdrawal by Biden was not only disastrous, but deadly.
                                I don’t want troops in Afghanistan, but not the way it happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X