Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

They preemptively shut down access to the market BEFORE they had any issues. This is a slightly different explanation than was given by their spokesperson yesterday.

Also, why not just limit the total amount an individual could buy in a single day? Why limit SPECIFIC stocks.
    Everything a broker does w/ respect to risk is preemptive. You don't react after a liquidity issue. But even with their efforts they still failed.

I believe certain stocks were singled out due to massive volume. Robinhood wasn't the only broker to limit trading on those shares.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/28/2...amc-reddit-wsb

Robinhood isn’t the only major company to stop accepting new trades for GameStop and AMC — more traditional brokerages like Charles Schwab and TD Ameritrade also restricted trading around GameStop and AMC on Wednesday, citing unprecedented trading activity.
    I don't know if you've looked into /wallstreetbets, but the people in there are hilarious trolls and live to exploit Robinhood. ***Conspiracy Theory Alert*** I sometimes wonder if the entire group isn't funded by the big brokerages just to give Robinhood/WeBull/et all hell.

Look at this one example:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/do...ion-2019-11-06

How a glitch allowed one trader to turn $3,000 into $1.7 million
    The folks in there are nearly completely retarded (or autistic) as they like to call themselves. They piss money away like you've never seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

There's a fundamental misunderstanding by just about everybody on this issue.

Here's the short explanation:

Here's a much longer one, and after listening you will understand more about the operational aspect of financial brokers than all of your friends:

P.S. Don't feel bad if you hate the capital markets (Wall Street), they "have all the money". But remember your Capitalistic leanings... without the firms and the banks, America is Russia overnight.
      Yes and you’re in bed now with Extreme Leftist “Pocahontas” Warren who has turned on the little guy on favor of Big Tech Giants and Billionaire Hedgefunders who changed the rules at halftime so they could recover. Too rich to fail? It appears at first glance that the answer is yes

Comment

Everything a broker does w/ respect to risk is preemptive. You don't react after a liquidity issue. But even with their efforts they still failed.

I believe certain stocks were singled out due to massive volume. Robinhood wasn't the only broker to limit trading on those shares.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/28/2...amc-reddit-wsb

I don't know if you've looked into /wallstreetbets, but the people in there are hilarious trolls and live to exploit Robinhood. ***Conspiracy Theory Alert*** I sometimes wonder if the entire group isn't funded by the big brokerages just to give Robinhood/WeBull/et all hell.

Look at this one example:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/do...ion-2019-11-06

The folks in there are nearly completely retarded (or autistic) as they like to call themselves. They piss money away like you've never seen.
        They did show that their “Autistic” nature was enough to outlast the elites. I applaud them!
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Cold, I think you are missing the point of GameStop. The government and big business are colluding to keep those with money in power and those with power in money. This is done, not at the expense of the populous, but when the citizen try’s to take the house, the house breaks their hand.

They shut down the businesses of those that were trying to join the club. They gave everyone a few grand of their own money and said be grateful! We will keep you safe. They provoked people into burning down their own cities and removed the police. Then when a few hundred people acted rashly in DC, they brought in the people’s army to quell the rebellion. Now a fence will be permanently in place to keep the people out of the game.

The cathedral is now exposed for what it is. Wealthy people in power manipulating elections to put their puppets in charge. The purpose is to use the media to keep the citizens from rebelling. When that doesn’t work, the media/tech/military step in and hit us in the gut.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Cold, I think you are missing the point of GameStop. The government and big business are colluding to keep those with money in power and those with power in money. This is done, not at the expense of the populous, but when the citizen try’s to take the house, the house breaks their hand.

They shut down the businesses of those that were trying to join the club. They gave everyone a few grand of their own money and said be grateful! We will keep you safe. They provoked people into burning down their own cities and removed the police. Then when a few hundred people acted rashly in DC, they brought in the people’s army to quell the rebellion. Now a fence will be permanently in place to keep the people out of the game.

The cathedral is now exposed for what it is. Wealthy people in power manipulating elections to put their puppets in charge. The purpose is to use the media to keep the citizens from rebelling. When that doesn’t work, the media/tech/military step in and hit us in the gut.
            Exactly. Couldn't have put it better.

It is not about any sort of disdain for how Wall Street normally operates or is supposed to operate. That is all part of the capitalistic economy, which is great. This is about an attempt to collude to keep others out of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Yes and you’re in bed now with Extreme Leftist “Pocahontas” Warren who has turned on the little guy on favor of Big Tech Giants and Billionaire Hedgefunders who changed the rules at halftime so they could recover. Too rich to fail? It appears at first glance that the answer is yes
              That's the beauty of being free. I don't check with myself first to see if I'm contradicting the tribe dogma. I follow my own compass. Sometimes I will align with a Lib and sometimes I will align with a Con. Both sides are as right as they are wrong.

Try it, I think you'll like it. Gotta unplug first though.

Comment

They did show that their “Autistic” nature was enough to outlast the elites. I applaud them!
                100%!!!

The financial markets are the purest form of Capitalism on the planet. There are some basic rules to the game, but after that... it's dog eat dog. And I've seen every trick on the planet. I love those /wallstreetbets dudes. They make me laugh my ass off. Most of them are losers though.

And I absolutely LOVE the idea of them joining forces (capital) and cornering a few professional funds into a short squeeze. Must have been tiny ones though, because with a float as small as Game Stop's, a mid-size fund could have overwhelmed it quite quickly. I will promise you this much, what happened w/ Game Stop won't happen again. If a 50B fund wants to crash a stock, they can absolutely do it. In fact, half of the reason behind the parabolic rise might be some of the same funds bidding up the stock to hedge their position and stop their margin bleed. Then after they've got what they think is enough shares, they'll dump it all at once and scare the living **** out of the amateurs who will follow suit allowing the pros to unwind their original positions pretty close to break-even. There are a million games to be played. The /wallstreetbets dudes are just in it for the lolz.

Comment

Cold, I think you are missing the point of GameStop. The government and big business are colluding to keep those with money in power and those with power in money. This is done, not at the expense of the populous, but when the citizen try’s to take the house, the house breaks their hand.

You're on fire with this one. The liquor cabinet door is ajar I see...

And yes, those with all the money control everything. Always have and always will. Except in America, a few doors remain open to those who are willing to do whatever it takes to join the club. And they will be accepted with open arms. That's practically unheard of since the dawn of man.

God bless this filthy, greedy, gun-totin' nation!

Comment

• You guys want to see how the folks in my biz operate? Don't cry for the lil /wallstreetbets dudes lol... professional traders treat each other just as bad. But the amateurs have absolutely no chance head to head.

But hark! I have great news! Buy stocks/ETFs and leave them the **** alone and you will essentially be along for the ride as the bandits rob the train station. Start trying to time things by popping in and out of the market and you will watch your gains disappear like magic. Just rebalance your portfolio occasionally when it gets a little too heavy in... tech normally. By doing this you'll be buying sectors when they're cheap and selling winning sectors when they've appreciated.

Enjoy!

And if you like that one, you really like this one!

Comment

You're on fire with this one. The liquor cabinet door is ajar I see...

And yes, those with all the money control everything. Always have and always will. Except in America, a few doors remain open to those who are willing to do whatever it takes to join the club. And they will be accepted with open arms. That's practically unheard of since the dawn of man.

God bless this filthy, greedy, gun-totin' nation!
                      But they aren’t accepted with open arms. The door has to be kicked down in a profound way.

You are correct that there is opportunity for upward movement, but only so long as it is done without harm to those with power. Buck the status quo and watch as the powers that be crush you beneath their thumb.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

But they aren’t accepted with open arms. The door has to be kicked down in a profound way.

You are correct that there is opportunity for upward movement, but only so long as it is done without harm to those with power. Buck the status quo and watch as the powers that be crush you beneath their thumb.
                        Nobody bucked the status quo in the GameStop deal. There's a hierarchy in Wall Street just like Main Street. Some little shitty funds got pwnd by some Autistics and Hollywood Elites. One of them got bailed out by daddy. Now daddy is mad. I would suggest they cash out before.......

NOBODY and I repeat, NOBODY is going to kick down these old boy's doors. These people create wealth out of thin air. They start and end wars. And they will absolutely crash this economy without thinking twice if it suits their purpose. Thankfully, their goals are aligned mostly with Mr. and Mrs. Smith's - steady as she goes...

The most important cog in the America wheel of life is the financial system. If it stops for even a second, we are cavemen in the blink of an eye.

The smartest people in this country work for banks/firms. Even the guys cleaning the tick data have PHD's. It's Checkmate.

I just try to walk inside their footsteps... quietly.

Comment

And there's PLENTY of money in this country for whomever wants to earn a pile - particularly in the financial markets. All you have to do is trade your life for it and have no plan B... simple right?

Comment

• Today Robin Hood began to prepare for battle in DC. They are hiring a lobbyist to prepare for legal battles, SEC investigations, and other Washington Congressional investigations and hearings. The timing shouldn’t be lost on anyone that they know they screwed up. Now they will use every tool in their corruption toolbox to get away with it in the Biden Swamp.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobby...-amid-backlash

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                              Today Robin Hood began to prepare for battle in DC. They are hiring a lobbyist to prepare for legal battles, SEC investigations, and other Washington Congressional investigations and hearings. The timing shouldn’t be lost on anyone that they know they screwed up. Now they will use every tool in their corruption toolbox to get away with it in the Biden Swamp.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobby...-amid-backlash
                              Robinhood is the political piñata for the day. But will anybody ask Charles Schwab and TD Ameritrade to show up too for the governmental activist photo op?

Like I said before, 99% of the people involved in this have no idea how stock brokering works. The brokerage has to accept the liability for every transaction. They are the guaranteers. They have a fiduciary responsibility to the client as well as regulatory obligations to have sufficient funds in reserve. Robinhood ran out of money.

Comment

• The populist GameStop insurgency against Wall Street spills over into Congress (onlinenewse.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X