Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I pick both. He committed the crimes as a senator and VP, when he had all of his faculties. Now he is a crazy old man.

Dems want to say Trump didn't cooperate, which could be true, but the had the authority to declassify as president. Bill Clinton was cleared of the same thing for that reason. Senators and VPs have no authority to even remove docs, let alone declassify. Nor do secretary of states have those authorities. So why is Trump being charged and none of those are?

Let's see;
    Biden (D)
    H Clinton (D)
    B Clinton (D)
    Trump ( R)

​​​​hmmmm, I wonder why.
    And I didn't even mention the Dem senator who stuffed his pants with classified docs and walked away without prosecution.
    Your first sentence was your best ever on SN !!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I don't want to jump the gun but going forward every time he has a gaffe (and he had 2 big ones last night trying to convince everyone he's memory is fine) he's going to be challenged by the press, and not just Peter Doocy. The gal from CNN lit him up last night. She'll be back, I promise you. She won't take that attitude from him.

It's tough to see him surviving, politically, when he gets challenged and he's going to get challenged. We all know he's diminished and if we're all wrong, then he's just a screw up. Either way, he's going to get hammered for 10 months.

The only way he lasts to November in my mind is he goes back in hiding and repeats the '20 campaign, only this time as President. I think the Dems are struggling to figure it out. They have to know they can't survive a Harris Presidency, if even for a couple of months. She's so patently unqualified. Gavin's phone had to blow up last night and this morning.

It would be awful for our country, but I'd be lying if part of me isn't saying "Get after it Kamala. Let's show 80 million people the **** show they bought in 2020."

Let that MF burn to the ground. But it would be awful for the USA so........rock/hard place.
      He'll just stop doing interviews.

We are in a place where:

a) a former Vice President who does not have the right to declassify took classified documents, shared the classified information, and did not disclose he had those documents. And he is let off the hook and nothing more to be said about it.

b) a former President who DOES have the authority to declassify documents on a whim WILL be lit up for it if the leftist judge/jury/state supreme court/fill in any leftist decision maker/etc has their way.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• What else does Biden's memory excuse him from, going forward? He can do anything he wants and so long as he's frail we just have to live with the repercussions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          What else does Biden's memory excuse him from, going forward? He can do anything he wants and so long as he's frail we just have to live with the repercussions?
          Yep, he just received a lifetime hall pass.

Comment

• Biden and his conniving ways are finally catching up with him.

So, he has been rat holing classified documents foe over 40 years knowing that he was holding a get out of jail free card all along. As a master manipulator of the DC swamp he had observed how fellow politicians would get called on having documents they should not have. All they had to do was say, ‘ah shucks, how did those papers get in my pants. I’ll get those things right back to the archives pronto!’

Well, old Joe got complacent and sloppy with docs scattered everywhere and after all this time of using the DC swamp to his advantage the house of cards is coming down on him.

He willfully used documents of all classification and arrogantly believed the Swamp would continue to cover his ass one more time.

​​​​​​​Thank you Mr Hur!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
              Biden and his conniving ways are finally catching up with him.
              Are they? Sure doesn't seem like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                Can someone give me one good reason that doesn't include something related to breaking the law as to why anyone would want to take classified documents home after leaving office. I don't believe for a second there wasn't a reason to increase wealth not tied to this.
                Your last sentence is correct. Biden had been writing a book. The illegality of classified docs was and is a problem because his ghostwriter shouldn’t have had access to secret documents, besides the future reading public.

And that doesn’t clear Hunter, who had access to the garage and docs, while living with Daddy.

Comment

b) a former President who DOES have the authority to declassify documents on a whim
                  U can’t do a Michael Scott and “I declare Bankruptcy” with declassifying classified documents. At minimum there is process that has to be followed that wasn’t.

Comment

Are they? Sure doesn't seem like it.
                    Never mind, now I feel like Charlie Brown believing Lucy one more time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

U can’t do a Michael Scott and “I declare Bankruptcy” with declassifying classified documents. At minimum there is process that has to be followed that wasn’t.
                      That is true of those who report to the President, not the President himself. He is the Chief Classifier and all classification falls under him -- except those statutorily protected (such as by the Atomic Energy Act). He has final authority to classify and declassify and can do so without signing a single thing.

In fact, he's the final authority on a dispute over whether something should or should not be declassified.
                      Last edited by Kung Wu; February 10, 2024, 07:20 AM.

Comment

That is true of those who report to the President, not the President himself. He is the Chief Classifier and all classification -- except those statutorily protected (such as by the Atomic Energy Act). He has final authority to classify and declassify and can do so without signing a single thing.

In fact, he's the final authority on a dispute over whether something should or should not be declassified.
                        He’s correct that there historically, is a process for a President to de-classifying secret documents. Trump has claimed that he (President) has the power to de-classify without going through the process, and he, as President, can Take documents, thereby de-classifying them. From what I’ve read, not all Constitutional lawyers agree with him, and likely the Federal Courts will have to decide that issue.

However, the President has the power to de-classify, and Senators (Biden), and Vice President’s (Biden) don’t. Therefore Biden broke the law for sure.

Comment

• Biden is illustrating why all these politicians stay in office til the grave. They arecall corrupt pieces of **** and if they release the levers of power, they are in danger of people coming in and seeing what they've been doing.

Politicians shouldn't be held to the same standard as everyone else. They should be held to the highest standard!!

You commit a misdemeanor as a politician? Well, it gets punished as a felony! These people should be thrown in jail for freaking jaywalking! We need to start nailing politicians asses to the wall for everything! You want to put faith in your politicians again? Well, you have to start showing the American people that our politicians are held to the highest standard of ethics and any misstep lands them in a heap of doo doo. You want all the perks as a grifting piece of ****? It comes with a little caveat MFer....
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Media members describing this report as complete exoneration and Biden's press conference as sharp is laughable.

CNN at least put on Joey Jackson (someone I've always thought was fair and very sharp) who rebutted and said that he realizes he's giving a minority opinion (at least on CNN) but Hur is absolutely charged with explaining WHY he, Hur, as the prosecutor, is choosing not to press charges because Biden is 100% guilty. Jackson said you cannot be Hur, uncover the guilt (as he has) and not press charges without explaining why you aren't. The notion that his opinion of Biden's memory etc is out of line and unwarranted is either not understanding what Hur's job is or willfully lying. Take your pick.

Comment

• One last point about Hur....what he absolutely did NOT have to talk about or give his opinion on was how the Biden file fiasco compared to the Trump file fiasco. If he was out of line in giving his opinion, it was here. Trump had absolutely NOTHING to do with this. But, just like the media, every story told, especially ones that put Democrats in bad light, MUST be followed up with....but TRUMP...

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

No. Your wrong. A president only has to say he declassified them.
                                Find the official process, if you think I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X