Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Media members describing this report as complete exoneration and Biden's press conference as sharp is laughable.

CNN at least put on Joey Jackson (someone I've always thought was fair and very sharp) who rebutted and said that he realizes he's giving a minority opinion (at least on CNN) but Hur is absolutely charged with explaining WHY he, Hur, as the prosecutor, is choosing not to press charges because Biden is 100% guilty. Jackson said you cannot be Hur, uncover the guilt (as he has) and not press charges without explaining why you aren't. The notion that his opinion of Biden's memory etc is out of line and unwarranted is either not understanding what Hur's job is or willfully lying. Take your pick.
    Comey did the same after Hillary was found guilty. " No reasonable court would prosecute her".

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Your last sentence is correct. Biden had been writing a book. The illegality of classified docs was and is a problem because his ghostwriter shouldn’t have had access to secret documents, besides the future reading public.

And that doesn’t clear Hunter, who had access to the garage and docs, while living with Daddy.
      Speaking of Hunter…what’s he doing these days??

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post

I heard he's doing meth and Lotta Poosy. (SN didn't like her real last name)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
          Can someone give me one good reason that doesn't include something related to breaking the law as to why anyone would want to take classified documents home after leaving office. I don't believe for a second there wasn't a reason to increase wealth not tied to this.
          Especially if Hunter Biden is your son and no doubt had access to these documents.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post

I'll let you tell us what you think he's doing these days, but during the days when he had access to the garage, and lived at the Delaware mansion, he was in business with Chinese and other foreign oligarchs who may have been interested in American secrets, and likely willing to pay for them. Therefore the corruption allegations.
            Last edited by Shockm; February 10, 2024, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

No. Your wrong. A president only has to say he declassified them.
              Find the official process, if you think I'm wrong.
              Here is the Presidential Records Act information including history, and the process of de-classification, which goes back to1978. Some of this wiki is a person's interpretation of the PRA, but it includes a lot of facts. There is a lawful part of the PRA, but Trump is interpreting it to give him the power to de-classify it almost at will, and that information is on here as well. Lawyers and judges will decide this imo.

Comment

Here is the Presidential Records Act information including history, and the process of de-classification, which goes back to1978. Some of this wiki is a person's interpretation of the PRA, but it includes a lot of facts. There is a lawful part of the PRA, but Trump is interpreting it to give him the power to de-classify it almost at will, and that information is on here as well. Lawyers and judges will decide this imo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_Records_Act
                Says nothing of declassifying

Comment

Says nothing of declassifying
                  I will try to explain it to you further, so you understand.

The Presidential Records Act (PRA) was a law passed by the 95th Congress in 1978. It (PRA) said that all records from the President on down have to be given to and handled by the Office of National Archives. As the wiki I showed you said, Trump says it was ok for him to have them at his personal home. Other people say he broke the law by doing that. Trump is being taken to court by Jack Smith, and the Justice Department, in Florida to settle this dispute, and determine if Trump broke the law or not (the law being the Presidential Records Act), and if Trump did break the law, what is his consequence.

Comment

• IMO, the biggest difference between Biden and Trump, is that Biden showed his classified documents to his biographer.

Comment

• "The View" co-hosts suggested California Gov. Gavin Newsom or Vice President Kamala Harris or perhaps the guy who makes popcorn at the Warren Theatre would be better suited as the Democratic nominee after the release of Special Counsel Robert Hur's report.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        IMO, the biggest difference between Biden and Trump, is that Biden showed his classified documents to his biographer.
                        Also, there is a difference of a Senator and VP having these illegal papers from as long as 40-50 years ago to a really recent President.

Comment

• DJT followed FBI instructions re security while Brandon left them laying around his garage in an open card board box plus Hunter lived there and had access to possibly sell

Comment

I will try to explain it to you further, so you understand.

The Presidential Records Act (PRA) was a law passed by the 95th Congress in 1978. It (PRA) said that all records from the President on down have to be given to and handled by the Office of National Archives. As the wiki I showed you said, Trump says it was ok for him to have them at his personal home. Other people say he broke the law by doing that. Trump is being taken to court by Jack Smith, and the Justice Department, in Florida to settle this dispute, and determine if Trump broke the law or not (the law being the Presidential Records Act), and if Trump did break the law, what is his consequence.
                            So please do tell, why bill Clinton got off for having presidential tapes in his sock drawer, Hillary got off for having a private server with tons of classified docs, plus she destroyed evidence during the investigation, why did Biden get off and why did the senator who stuffed his pants get off?
                            If you can't see the imbalance of the use of these laws, you are blind.

Comment

So please do tell, why bill Clinton got off for having presidential tapes in his sock drawer, Hillary got off for having a private server with tons of classified docs, plus she destroyed evidence during the investigation, why did Biden get off and why did the senator who stuffed his pants get off?
                              If you can't see the imbalance of the use of these laws, you are blind.
                              You’re acting as if I’m the court. I’m not, and I don’t see a difference.

According to this article, the court ruled that Clinton’s records were personal diary records, and notes, where Trump’s records are official records, as Trump is indicted under the Espionage Act. Trump will have to argue his case in court (I think he will have a jury trial which will likely have several MAGA jury members on it. Either way, a court will decide.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...-is-not-compa/

Comment

You’re acting as if I’m the court. I’m not, and I don’t see a difference.

According to this article, the court ruled that Clinton’s records were personal diary records, and notes, where Trump’s records are official records, as Trump is indicted under the Espionage Act. Trump will have to argue his case in court (I think he will have a jury trial which will likely have several MAGA jury members on it. Either way, a court will decide.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...-is-not-compa/
                                The original disagreement was over the presidents process for declassifying.

Comment

Working...
                                X