Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

It’s a good thing just like when gas goes up it makes people pollute less. The progressive solution is to make the individual suffer for the good of the whole. Break a few eggs and all.
    I'm just trying to find a silver lining in all of the doom and gloom. Plus, I do need to lose weight and this might help me focus on how much I'm eating and spending.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'm just trying to find a silver lining in all of the doom and gloom. Plus, I do need to lose weight and this might help me focus on how much I'm eating and spending.
      What about those that don’t need to lose weight?
      Livin the dream

Comment

What about those that don’t need to lose weight?
        **** 'em. Those healthy bastards deserve some struggle.

The whole post was tongue in cheek.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I think if Washington got out of the way US energy companies and the farmers could bring stable & lower costs to everyone. Allow the US to starve Russian oil companies and backfill Ukrainian agriculture. Maybe not 100% but make a big global difference.

IDK, maybe I am naive, those seem to be two things we do well.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
            I think if Washington got out of the way US energy companies and the farmers could bring stable & lower costs to everyone. Allow the US to starve Russian oil companies and backfill Ukrainian agriculture. Maybe not 100% but make a big global difference.

IDK, maybe I am naive, those seem to be two things we do well.
            You're not all that far off. Washington gets in the way of progress and does more harm than good most of the time.

You know what's best for the green movement? An all of the above approach that acknowledges that fossil fuels are what we need right now but that progress is being made and in some areas, they can move to lessen the need of them as tech and cost effectiveness improves. Private industry is what will lead the way in these technologies and they will do so by trial and error. Some will fail, others will succeed. Gov't always tries to pick winners, and therefore losers, by throwing money at companies, usually friends or donors, and more often that not, they fail because they weren't really the best to do whatever they were doing. It also ends up holding back others as they see competitors getting what is essentially unfair advantages by being rewarded millions in tax payer dollars simply because of who they know....or contribute to.

Stop paying farmers to not farm. Stop holding back oil companies from doing what they can do for us. Stop trying to make things happen for your friends and let the industry do what it can to move green tech forward. I've posted a number of smaller possibilities on the global warming thread recently of private business coming up with new ideas and ways to cut costs and energy usage and in some cases decrease waste and pollution and they do it without a **** ton of government interference. How those will work on a larger scale, nobody knows, but it's those little things that can move things forward in environmentally and financially beneficial ways and do much more good than trying to make one thing work and saying **** the rest. Which is essentially what gov't does.

Dems want to **** on the fossil fuel industry and throw everything at wind and solar, no matter the cost it has on every day Americans in so many ways as energy costs are then pushed higher and higher which effects everything. Republicans want to throw everything behind oil and **** on the rest. And neither seem to have a great deal of support for the most effective green energy we have right now in nuclear. And with the tech coming around that can recycle nuclear waste, which is relatively small when it comes down to it, makes nuclear make even more sense these days.

Solar has a place that can help, mostly on small scale/individual homes and buildings. Promote it as such. I know people who have solar on their homes and they end up giving some of that away to Evergy and get paid for it. Battery storage for such energy will also improve as time goes on. Wind can be done much the same way, as a supplement to other forms. Hydro is fantastic in areas that have the ability to do so. Same with geothermal. Promoting that kind of cooperation and using what works best for certain regions would keep costs down and would benefit everyone on all sides of the political spectrum. Until we have the infrastructure to take on more electrical vehicles, which they're working on, and the ability to power them with everything else, it doesn't make sense to push so hard for that at the expense of the majority of people and their pocketbooks.

Most people aren't against environmental friendliness. But most can't afford what DC and the zealots want to push.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

**** 'em. Those healthy bastards deserve some struggle.

The whole post was tongue in cheek.
              I appreciate that!
              Livin the dream

Comment

You're not all that far off. Washington gets in the way of progress and does more harm than good most of the time.

You know what's best for the green movement? An all of the above approach that acknowledges that fossil fuels are what we need right now but that progress is being made and in some areas, they can move to lessen the need of them as tech and cost effectiveness improves. Private industry is what will lead the way in these technologies and they will do so by trial and error. Some will fail, others will succeed. Gov't always tries to pick winners, and therefore losers, by throwing money at companies, usually friends or donors, and more often that not, they fail because they weren't really the best to do whatever they were doing. It also ends up holding back others as they see competitors getting what is essentially unfair advantages by being rewarded millions in tax payer dollars simply because of who they know....or contribute to.

Stop paying farmers to not farm. Stop holding back oil companies from doing what they can do for us. Stop trying to make things happen for your friends and let the industry do what it can to move green tech forward. I've posted a number of smaller possibilities on the global warming thread recently of private business coming up with new ideas and ways to cut costs and energy usage and in some cases decrease waste and pollution and they do it without a **** ton of government interference. How those will work on a larger scale, nobody knows, but it's those little things that can move things forward in environmentally and financially beneficial ways and do much more good than trying to make one thing work and saying **** the rest. Which is essentially what gov't does.

Dems want to **** on the fossil fuel industry and throw everything at wind and solar, no matter the cost it has on every day Americans in so many ways as energy costs are then pushed higher and higher which effects everything. Republicans want to throw everything behind oil and **** on the rest. And neither seem to have a great deal of support for the most effective green energy we have right now in nuclear. And with the tech coming around that can recycle nuclear waste, which is relatively small when it comes down to it, makes nuclear make even more sense these days.

Solar has a place that can help, mostly on small scale/individual homes and buildings. Promote it as such. I know people who have solar on their homes and they end up giving some of that away to Evergy and get paid for it. Battery storage for such energy will also improve as time goes on. Wind can be done much the same way, as a supplement to other forms. Hydro is fantastic in areas that have the ability to do so. Same with geothermal. Promoting that kind of cooperation and using what works best for certain regions would keep costs down and would benefit everyone on all sides of the political spectrum. Until we have the infrastructure to take on more electrical vehicles, which they're working on, and the ability to power them with everything else, it doesn't make sense to push so hard for that at the expense of the majority of people and their pocketbooks.

Most people aren't against environmental friendliness. But most can't afford what DC and the zealots want to push.
                Exactly. We would get to where the greenies want us to be if we continued having cheap energy from fossil fuels to produce the cleaner generators. It doesn't do us any good to force it and burden the population when there are no reasonable and broadly affordable substitutes.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Is there just no back door deals to line pockets involving nuclear? That's the only reason I can come up with for not doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                    Is there just no back door deals to line pockets involving nuclear? That's the only reason I can come up with for not doing it.
                    There’s a massive lobby against it.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                      Is there just no back door deals to line pockets involving nuclear? That's the only reason I can come up with for not doing it.
                      Are private companies allowed to possess large quantities of enriched uranium? I honestly don't know.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Are private companies allowed to possess large quantities of enriched uranium? I honestly don't know.
                        There’s a licensing process and max quota associated with obtaining it. You have to account for every mg.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

There’s a licensing process and max quota associated with obtaining it. You have to account for every mg.
                          I can imagine the oversight is crazy (for good reason).

Comment

• Cesar Nostradamus…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Holding steady for the last week and a half at my local fill-up. 'Preciate ya Brandon...you piece of s##t!!!
                              20220613_195754.jpg
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Biden's leftist energy policy is absolutely sticking it to the poor, infirmed and widowed. Frustrating what middle America is going through, but heartbreaking what lower income America is going through. And completely avoidable.

Comment

Working...
                                X