Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
    Not sure how you got that. My contention is only that you cant blame lack of refining capacity at the feet of the current administration.

Regarding the transition to net zero carbon I don’t think it can be done without nuclear and carbon sequestration from fossil fuels. Any kind of knee jerk move to all renewables would create conditions to make the French Revolution look like Woodstock.
    The Clean Air standards didn't happen overnight. The Wichita Vickers Refinery closed in the mid 90's because of the clean air standards. Energy in America was doing fine prior to Biden being elected. Of course, the refineries if profitable, may have stayed open in the past two years, but they saw what Biden was doing, and it wasn't worth spending money on without the government putting a little skin in the game, making their investment worthwhile, etc.

Of course, Biden has a hand, and some responsibility in the rising of fuel costs in the past two years. Germany sees it, and has opened up Coal plants who had closed before the war. This clash of energy sources is not something that was totally unforeseen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Crazy talk. Bush was far better than both those humps.

Probably. The war against female athletes and the disaster of healthcare reform wouldn't have occurred.

Insane take.

Trump was the greatest Chief Executive this country has ever seen. His ability to execute a vision is unparalleled.

Commander in Chief? I guess you gotta give that to FDR (though I personally hated his social politics). Maybe Abe, but it's so hard to compare.

Chief Legislator? I dunno who the greatest was. Reagan was probably the last great.
      Trump is an American Modi. Not a good comparison.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Trump is an American Modi. Not a good comparison.
        What's that supposed to mean?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What's that supposed to mean?
          It means that Trump means to subvert the rights of voters that don’t agree with him to ensconce himself in power. Doing so will require firing the mob up from time to time against any groups that challenge the national identity, that of a white, Christian, straight, and pseduo-capitalist society. As Modi has done in India with Hindu nationalism.

Comment

It means that Trump means to subvert the rights of voters that don’t agree with him to ensconce himself in power. Doing so will require firing the mob up from time to time against any groups that challenge the national identity, that of a white, Christian, straight, and pseduo-capitalist society. As Modi has done in India with Hindu nationalism.
            can this be true?

Comment

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Buy the rumor, sell the fact. No other industry reacts as wildly to this as the oil industry. So yes, Biden campaigning on "shutting down the oil industry" had a huge impact on current prices. Compounding that was his action by immediately attacking the gas and oil industry via executive order on day one, exacerbated the rumor. Biden's words meant things, his actions meant more. We don't have high gas prices because of the Russians, we have high gas prices because of Biden. This isn't hard, Bobb.

Now, if you want to discuss why there aren't refineries being built in the US, we can have that discussion as well. That said, very little of that blame falls on Bush, Bush or Reagan. Bobb, you might want to quietly back out of the room and gently close the door behind you hoping nobody notices. This is a topic in which facts seriously outgun you.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• This 18-cent savings gas tax holiday is going to turn the tide and swing the elections blue.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                    Buy the rumor, sell the fact. No other industry reacts as wildly to this as the oil industry. So yes, Biden campaigning on "shutting down the oil industry" had a huge impact on current prices. Compounding that was his action by immediately attacking the gas and oil industry via executive order on day one, exacerbated the rumor. Biden's words meant things, his actions meant more. We don't have high gas prices because of the Russians, we have high gas prices because of Biden. This isn't hard, Bobb.

Now, if you want to discuss why there aren't refineries being built in the US, we can have that discussion as well. That said, very little of that blame falls on Bush, Bush or Reagan. Bobb, you might want to quietly back out of the room and gently close the door behind you hoping nobody notices. This is a topic in which facts seriously outgun you.
                    I’m not saying it falls on the aforementioned, just that refining capacity doesnt fall on Biden either. I wasn’t commenting on anything else regarding prices.

Comment

• Phew! I was wondering where I was gonna make up the 16 cents I saved on my 4th of July party last year that got eaten up by inflation. This 18/gal now will more than make up for the over $2.00/gallon increase..... wait, I forgot what my point was. Oh yeah, I **** you not, the Dems will tout this gas tax reduction as a game changer because they believe their voters are stupid (and they are right).
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        Phew! I was wondering where I was gonna make up the 16 cents I saved on my 4th of July party last year that got eaten up by inflation. This 18/gal now will more than make up for the over $2.00/gallon increase..... wait, I forgot what my point was. Oh yeah, I **** you not, the Dems will tout this gas tax reduction as a game changer because they believe their voters are stupid (and they are right).
                        Hardly. Pelosi called it “Showbiz.” DOA

Comment

• ​Massive oil refiners are turning into biofuel plants in the west

https://www.jwnenergy.com/article/20...uel-plants-we/

The LCFS credits as well as federal RIN D5 credits and recently reintroduced Blenders Tax Credits generate about $3.32 a gallon in subsidies for renewable diesel producers, sufficient to cover production costs, Van der Wal said in a report last June.

“It’s a mind-boggling amount of money,” he said by phone. “You will make a lot of money as long as all these subsidies come in.”

The surge of new entrants into the California renewable diesel market is creating its own problems, Van der Wal said. So many projects are being proposed that there may not be sufficient diesel demand in California to absorb the additional fuel.

This article was from August 2020. So much for insufficient diesel demand.

Comment

Showbiz for the ugly. LOL
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Bobb has bought in, and is a believer.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X