Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I'm against all forms of congregation in the middle of a pandemic - particularly indoors - and especially maskless like many pro-Trump events.
    But you’re making it political and only calling out one side. I thought this thing wasn’t political?

You did not call out one group of congregating protesters during the entire year but you call out Trump rallies at the touch of a finger.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

But you’re making it political and only calling out one side. I thought this thing wasn’t political?

You did not call out one group of congregating protesters during the entire year but you call out Trump rallies at the touch of a finger.
      The virus is not political but the situation Trump created is political. See the following post for a clear explanation: https://shockernet.net/forum/miscell...00#post1267100

*Edit* I also don't think BLM protesters were Covid Deniers. I think they were justifying their actions by what they considered a greater threat (racial injustice). I don't agree with them, but I don't despise them as much as a Covidiot. Those people get a double strike in my book. If we had a properly installed national response to Covid, BLM marches and other protests would be broken up. In fact the entire George Floyd incident might have never happened as our infection levels would be low and he may have never gotten infected - which could have contributed to his passing or the incident in general (unemployment, depression, etc.).

High infection rates create a domino effect that permeate every fabric of society. Fauci has begged for people to comply to get the "baseline infection level" lower. Instead Trump told his followers to LiBeRaTe LiBeRaTe LiBeRaTe themselves from the tyrants.
      Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; December 13, 2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• By the way, any time I am discussing the pandemic, the pronouns "I" or "I'm" are interchangeable with "CDC". I'm nothing more than a CDC mouthpiece set on continual loop.

Comment

• Trump closed the border. Trump got us a vaccine in 8 months. No Democrat could have done that. No Democrat would have done that. I suppose we'll never know how many hundreds of thousands of lives he saved by those two actions.

Comment

• NM
            Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Trump closed the border. Trump got us a vaccine in 8 months. No Democrat could have done that. No Democrat would have done that. I suppose we'll never know how many hundreds of thousands of lives he saved by those two actions.
              I have no desire to bang on you pin. You have my deepest sympathy. I would gladly lose every Covid argument from here on out if it meant that alien seed would have never entered your body.

But... it would be a shame to stop on a 1000 argument win streak... :D

There are 58 vaccines currently being developed all over the world. Pfizer and BioNtech are the leaders at this point, but not so much because of government funding, more so because of the technological route they chose to follow when developing their vaccine. It's fairly new and fast. But nobody will ultimately know exactly how safe or effective it is until it's been out for a while. Years of trials have been condensed into months. I have faith in it!

When Trump closed the border to China there were only a handful of Covid deaths in America. He did this Jan. 21st. Forensic virologists sequenced the strain of Coronavirus that killed all the East Coast folk in Mar/April. It was determined that the virus came from Europe. Trump didn't close the borders to Europe until Mar 11th. But while that sounds damning, let me unpack things just a little bit... all these 100's of thousands of deaths in America came from American infections. Sure the original seeding came from off-shore, but saying that is the reason for the deaths is like saying the inventor of fire was the reason your house burned down. Our mismanagement of the situation in our own country is why we look like the ass-clowns of the world. Yes, ultimately the virus came from China, but the Chinese faired much better than we did.

A NYT article from back in April said that 430k people from China have flown to America since the ban. Again, that isn't why we are drowning in deaths, but it pretty much renders Trump's favorite talking point impotent.

Travel restrictions, lack of tests, contradicting claims: These are some of the major actions by the US president.

And regarding "no Democrat would have done that". All you have to do is look at the results around the world. Australia, Germany, etc. These countries are much further left than we are and they used a top-down approach (with teeth) to handle the virus with much better results. I have no doubt that Hillary would have spent whatever was needed to fund the initiatives all the other countries did. She would have also likely used the opportunity to advance nationalized health care, but that's a different debate. I'm no fan of Democratic governance, but I'm on record saying that pandemics and liberty are not good bedfellows. The more draconian the measure, the better result in limiting infectious spread will be realized. It's all about balance. I think Germany, Japan, Australia, etc. struck the right balance. There's no indication that Hillary wouldn't have done exactly what they did. I am NO fan of Hillary, but had she been president during all of this, it's safe to say we'd have at least half the deaths (I'm still accounting for rebellion from Republicans, but not as bad as what Trump inspired). Now the real question is; knowing this and having access to a time machine, would I have preferred Hillary winning over Donald...? No comment. I truly don't have an answer. Check back with me in May 2021. If we are north of 500k deaths, I might say yes. Maybe I should say yes now? 100k preventable deaths is too many. 50k is too many. This kind of self-reflection is anxiety-inducing.

Comment

• No Democrat would have closed the border. No Democrat would have expedited the vaccine. Period.

Comment

No Democrat would have closed the border. No Democrat would have expedited the vaccine. Period.
                  Trump can take a political victory lap on the release of a vaccine in record time, but he had fundamentally nothing to do with that outcome. The technology was already there. The world has 50+ vaccines in late stages of development.

Comment

• As the first U.S. coronavirus inoculations take place, a majority thinks the country failed to take the virus seriously enough -- and fewer than one in five says the virus is under control.  In addition, the number planning to get vaccinated is up to 61 percent. 

Fox News Poll: Voters say US failed to take coronavirus threat seriously enough

There's obviously a ton of damning info in this article, but I just wanted to post the following snippet in regards to comments I have made in the past about Trumpers not believing in masks. All of you on here told me I'm wrong.......

Masks are popular. Eighty-five percent have a positive view of people who wear face masks, up from 80 percent in June. That shift is mostly driven by an 11-point increase among Republicans: 79 percent have a favorable opinion of mask wearers, up from 68 percent six months ago. Favorable views among Democrats ticked up by 4 points (93 percent vs. 89 percent).
                    So after the carnage last winter and spring, 32% of Trumpers still didn't believe in masks. EVEN TODAY, 21% still don't believe. That's on Trump.

Don't come at me people unless you've done your homework. And maybe don't even come at me then. Unless you like to run face-first into a concrete wall of truth.

Comment

• In 2018, 27,000 Kansans died. In 2019, 27,000 Kansans died. Now I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I'd go with 27,000 for 2020 also.

Comment

Trump can take a political victory lap on the release of a vaccine in record time, but he had fundamentally nothing to do with that outcome. The technology was already there. The world has 50+ vaccines in late stages of development.
                        Could not have been done in America without Trump. Stop.

Comment

Okay, I will stop. :)

Hope you're feelin' better.

Comment

Yep. Dems would have run with their tales between their legs just like Hiden Joe did. Camped out in his basement and went home by 9 every night. Great leadership. He's like Costanza pushing over everyone on his way out of the burning house.

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...riously-enough

Fox News Poll: Voters say US failed to take coronavirus threat seriously enough

Masks are popular. Eighty-five percent have a positive view of people who wear face masks, up from 80 percent in June.
                              Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                              And no, 80% of Americans have NOT been wearing a mask since early in the pandemic... R O F L !

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                                Your point?

Do you know the difference between "early in the pandemic" and middle, and late?

And someone having a positive view on something and actually wearing one 24/7 when they are out in public are two different things. I doubt we have 80% of the public wearing masks on 12/16/20 let alone EARLY in the pandemic (March/April).

Go ahead and educate yourself on how many states still do not have mask mandates. We're listed as "yes, but widely unenforced"... >_<

States, cities and counties have largely eased requirements that people wear face masks in public to curb COVID. Find out the rules in your state.
                                Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; December 16, 2020, 09:24 PM. Reason: forgot to add the link ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X