Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Oh God, I really don't want to respond to this... but if I don't, like the stray they tell you never to feed (I obviously didn't listen), you will follow me until I do. So here you go, I will give you what you want (which is apparently more pain). And Merry Christmas!

I joined the Coronavirus thread after finding it in a state of utter delusion and hope. I knew that was a recipe for disaster based on my interactions with such mindsets in the past. We were not dealing with pre-game jitters, or an important public speaking event, this was the real deal. A false sense of security was going to cost lives. Maybe not lives in the tiny sample of people we have in here, but why take a chance? And when I joined the discussion last winter, the best fatality rates we had on the virus was 3% - w/ predictions of hospital failures and millions of deaths a legitimate possibility. So I was genuinely concerned for friends, family, Shockernetters, and myself. My goal was to be a source of unfiltered scientific truth, regardless of the discomfort I caused. Since that aligns with my normal way of doing business, it was a natural fit.

I have made hundreds of statements on the situation since and have been challenged by you and other Covid Deniers on each one. I've been called many names. In every single case, I was proven right. If I hadn't have been, you would be the first to throw it in my face. But, as I've said many times before, I'm not some magical know-it-all, I'm merely a guy who's immune to propaganda, has a tremendous data filter, and enjoys great patience. There's no ego involved because this isn't my work. I'm just the messenger. Yes, there are times I make some very nifty projections/interpretations, but that's just slight of hand. The proof is already in the pudding and the pudding was cooked a long time ago. I'm just the pizza delivery guy. Unfortunately, most of you don't eat.

I'm not going to try and explain again why variances in small data samples are meaningless against the overall national trend in the context of dealing w/ a pandemic. You don't try to step in front of freight trains, or catch a falling knife. There are no prizes given for being the first guy to throw his mask in the garbage. ('If it looks like you're overreacting, you're probably doing the right thing' - Fauci) I'm not going to remind you AGAIN that every epidemiologist in the country believes we are in the greatest healthcare emergency in modern history. I'm quite certain you are either missing the emotional or formal educational components to follow their logic. But what I will say is, you'd be best served to trust what I tell you because I (WE) are batting 1.000.

In closing: I find it ironic that you criticize me for being negative when you are likely the most negative poster on the basketball forum in the history of Shockernet w/ a legion of basketball fans having to block your incessant bitching and moaning over the years. And in that case of negativity, you literally are talking out of your ass. The negativity I bring in here comes straight from the top, and it's just reality. The reality is very negative and has been for the last 9 mos. And will continue to be until the summer of 2021. If you need a place for nonstop Covid sunshine, you know how to start a thread. But you're not going to get any sunshine from me than what actually exists. My posts are intended to be a delusion-free zone and will continue to be so.

Have a hopefully very snowy rest of your day. I know I'm a very exciting poster to attack and it's hard for you and some others to separate my trollish past with the Lord's work that I do in here now, but I'm probably not going to respond to many more of these personal exchanges. I truly am spending way too much time on here as it is. Like I've said before, if you have an issue with something I post, come at me sincerely and I will attempt to explain it to you. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to ignore most of the future personal attacks and just "get owned". You know I don't lose the keyboard battles. Never have and never will. I only lose when I get banned and sadly I'm apparently flying too close to the sun again. So I'm going to keep it VERY impersonal from here on out and try to make my posts as bland as possible. I'm also only going to reside in this section of the forum. It should be very easy for you to avoid my "mental douchiness". Hopefully I will just lose the incentive to post entirely as I'm certain I've done enough at this point.

CB OUT!
    Crayons
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Went to the ER the other day with Post-Covid. The doctor I saw told me (paraphrasing). "we dunno what we are doing with this thing, but we are doing the be4st we can." The Surgeon General last week told the World, "you have to understand, we are building this plane as we are flying it." I really appreciate that honesty, as opposed to the leftist loons who keep telling us that they know what is best for us.

Comment

Oh God, I really don't want to respond to this... but if I don't, like the stray they tell you never to feed (I obviously didn't listen), you will follow me until I do. So here you go, I will give you what you want (which is apparently more pain). And Merry Christmas!

I joined the Coronavirus thread after finding it in a state of utter delusion and hope. I knew that was a recipe for disaster based on my interactions with such mindsets in the past. We were not dealing with pre-game jitters, or an important public speaking event, this was the real deal. A false sense of security was going to cost lives. Maybe not lives in the tiny sample of people we have in here, but why take a chance? And when I joined the discussion last winter, the best fatality rates we had on the virus was 3% - w/ predictions of hospital failures and millions of deaths a legitimate possibility. So I was genuinely concerned for friends, family, Shockernetters, and myself. My goal was to be a source of unfiltered scientific truth, regardless of the discomfort I caused. Since that aligns with my normal way of doing business, it was a natural fit.

I have made hundreds of statements on the situation since and have been challenged by you and other Covid Deniers on each one. I've been called many names. In every single case, I was proven right. If I hadn't have been, you would be the first to throw it in my face. But, as I've said many times before, I'm not some magical know-it-all, I'm merely a guy who's immune to propaganda, has a tremendous data filter, and enjoys great patience. There's no ego involved because this isn't my work. I'm just the messenger. Yes, there are times I make some very nifty projections/interpretations, but that's just slight of hand. The proof is already in the pudding and the pudding was cooked a long time ago. I'm just the pizza delivery guy. Unfortunately, most of you don't eat.

I'm not going to try and explain again why variances in small data samples are meaningless against the overall national trend in the context of dealing w/ a pandemic. You don't try to step in front of freight trains, or catch a falling knife. There are no prizes given for being the first guy to throw his mask in the garbage. ('If it looks like you're overreacting, you're probably doing the right thing' - Fauci) I'm not going to remind you AGAIN that every epidemiologist in the country believes we are in the greatest healthcare emergency in modern history. I'm quite certain you are either missing the emotional or formal educational components to follow their logic. But what I will say is, you'd be best served to trust what I tell you because I (WE) are batting 1.000.

In closing: I find it ironic that you criticize me for being negative when you are likely the most negative poster on the basketball forum in the history of Shockernet w/ a legion of basketball fans having to block your incessant bitching and moaning over the years. And in that case of negativity, you literally are talking out of your ass. The negativity I bring in here comes straight from the top, and it's just reality. The reality is very negative and has been for the last 9 mos. And will continue to be until the summer of 2021. If you need a place for nonstop Covid sunshine, you know how to start a thread. But you're not going to get any sunshine from me than what actually exists. My posts are intended to be a delusion-free zone and will continue to be so.

Have a hopefully very snowy rest of your day. I know I'm a very exciting poster to attack and it's hard for you and some others to separate my trollish past with the Lord's work that I do in here now, but I'm probably not going to respond to many more of these personal exchanges. I truly am spending way too much time on here as it is. Like I've said before, if you have an issue with something I post, come at me sincerely and I will attempt to explain it to you. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to ignore most of the future personal attacks and just "get owned". You know I don't lose the keyboard battles. Never have and never will. I only lose when I get banned and sadly I'm apparently flying too close to the sun again. So I'm going to keep it VERY impersonal from here on out and try to make my posts as bland as possible. I'm also only going to reside in this section of the forum. It should be very easy for you to avoid my "mental douchiness". Hopefully I will just lose the incentive to post entirely as I'm certain I've done enough at this point.

CB OUT!
        We get it. We get your point.

Last edited by Shockm; December 13, 2020, 01:07 PM.

Comment

CB OUT!
          I’ll let you win so you can “stop responding” for the 10th time this month.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Crayons
            Crayon art backed by the full faith of the CDC. You can take my crayons to the Bank of Covid.

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

We get it. We get your point.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zjC6aGY4Po8
            Great movie and it made me laugh. But I never intended to make people feel like they were going to die (except maybe at the very beginning when the delusion/conspiracy theories were rampant). I wanted everyone to admit to the seriousness of the issue (with themselves), take the necessary precautions, and lead by example with their friends, family, and neighbors. I pushed back against the Ad Hominem attacks (Fauci), the reporting error misdirection, cries to OPEN ER UP and go for "the herd", and comparisons to The Flu.

In essence, I attempted to cut through the Trump B.S. and offer a clear way out to reality and SAFETY.

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Went to the ER the other day with Post-Covid. The doctor I saw told me (paraphrasing). "we dunno what we are doing with this thing, but we are doing the be4st we can." The Surgeon General last week told the World, "you have to understand, we are building this plane as we are flying it." I really appreciate that honesty, as opposed to the leftist loons who keep telling us that they know what is best for us.
            Your doctor echoes the thoughts of our great scientists who have been on task from the start.

Your situation, like many others, is why I preach as hard as I do to BE CAREFUL because we do. not. know. everything. about. the. virus. Any surprises are usually bad ones.

I've not shared all the bad news I have on the topic. I've not discussed all the local reinfections I'm hearing about or people in nursing homes coming down with worse and worse recurring cases of Covid begging the question of potential varying severity strains; I actually balance what I share with the level of propaganda I witness. I'm trying to be a countervailing wind of truth in hopes that eventually, everybody in here will see the light. Not the "light of the Left"... THE LIGHT. The virus is not political and there's no attack on our Liberty. That will come later when we've passed through the Covid storm. At this moment, we need to prevent (within reason) as many deaths and wounded civilians as possible. We don't need a bunch of people walking around on disability because they can't catch their breath or go to work.

I feel good about the vaccine all things considered, and even if we have to keep taking it over and over on relatively short cycles compared to the flu, it's going to help. But we aren't going to start to feel better as a society until the summer. This vaccine is not a magic bullet and many people are not going to take it so we are going to continue to see death and suffering. The experts say we will start to see things calm down a little after February. But calm down from what? 4k daily deaths? 5k daily deaths? I mean, we are currently losing the equivalen of a 9/11 attack on a daily basis and after it's all said and done, Covid will have killed more people in one year than the last 10 by influenza. These are real people, not just soulless drones in nursing homes. These are parents, siblings, and even children. And the amount of people who are going to be suffering with post-Covid syndrome will be in the millions. So again, I hope everybody does their part to encourage each other to take the virus seriously and help lower the cost this insidious, alien scourge exacts out of each and every one of our lives. If we can lower the infections by even 1% by being good citizens and helping to spread information and not misinformation, we will have done our part.

I hope you recover very quickly pin. And I'm really pulling for wichshock65's dad. I got pretty emotional the other evening, I'm not gonna get into the details. It wasn't a total Jerry Springer meltdown but... It's healthy to release pain from time to time. I needed a purge. It may surprise folks on here who only know the CB schtick, but I can feel others' pain quite deeply. The more injust their suffering, the more it hurts me.

Comment

Crayon art backed by the full faith of the CDC. You can take my crayons to the Bank of Covid.
              I gave them to my 9 year old instead. He drew a house. It was more realistic than anything I’ve seen from you.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Great movie and it made me laugh. But I never intended to make people feel like they were going to die (except maybe at the very beginning when the delusion/conspiracy theories were rampant). I wanted everyone to admit to the seriousness of the issue (with themselves), take the necessary precautions, and lead by example with their friends, family, and neighbors. I pushed back against the Ad Hominem attacks (Fauci), the reporting error misdirection, cries to OPEN ER UP and go for "the herd", and comparisons to The Flu.

In essence, I attempted to cut through the Trump B.S. and offer a clear way out to reality and SAFETY.

Your doctor echoes the thoughts of our great scientists who have been on task from the start.

Your situation, like many others, is why I preach as hard as I do to BE CAREFUL because we do. not. know. everything. about. the. virus. Any surprises are usually bad ones.

I've not shared all the bad news I have on the topic. I've not discussed all the local reinfections I'm hearing about or people in nursing homes coming down with worse and worse recurring cases of Covid begging the question of potential varying severity strains; I actually balance what I share with the level of propaganda I witness. I'm trying to be a countervailing wind of truth in hopes that eventually, everybody in here will see the light. Not the "light of the Left"... THE LIGHT. The virus is not political and there's no attack on our Liberty. That will come later when we've passed through the Covid storm. At this moment, we need to prevent (within reason) as many deaths and wounded civilians as possible. We don't need a bunch of people walking around on disability because they can't catch their breath or go to work.

I feel good about the vaccine all things considered, and even if we have to keep taking it over and over on relatively short cycles compared to the flu, it's going to help. But we aren't going to start to feel better as a society until the summer. This vaccine is not a magic bullet and many people are not going to take it so we are going to continue to see death and suffering. The experts say we will start to see things calm down a little after February. But calm down from what? 4k daily deaths? 5k daily deaths? I mean, we are currently losing the equivalen of a 9/11 attack on a daily basis and after it's all said and done, Covid will have killed more people in one year than the last 10 by influenza. These are real people, not just soulless drones in nursing homes. These are parents, siblings, and even children. And the amount of people who are going to be suffering with post-Covid syndrome will be in the millions. So again, I hope everybody does their part to encourage each other to take the virus seriously and help lower the cost this insidious, alien scourge exacts out of each and every one of our lives. If we can lower the infections by even 1% by being good citizens and helping to spread information and not misinformation, we will have done our part.

I hope you recover very quickly pin. And I'm really pulling for wichshock65's dad. I got pretty emotional the other evening, I'm not gonna get into the details. It wasn't a total Jerry Springer meltdown but... It's healthy to release pain from time to time. I needed a purge. It may surprise folks on here who only know the CB schtick, but I can feel others' pain quite deeply. The more injust their suffering, the more it hurts me.
                I often listen to the MSN news and the first sentence out of the MSN anchor every night is to mention how many DEATHS. You do too. Yes. We are ALL going to die.

AND then they go to the next sentence that New York, Cali, etc. are closing down small businesses and not allowing people to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I gave them to my 9 year old instead. He drew a house. It was more realistic than anything I’ve seen from you.
                  Okay. :)

Comment

• I found her string of tweets to be humorous:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I often listen to the MSN news and the first sentence out of the MSN anchor every night is to mention how many DEATHS. You do too. Yes. We are ALL going to die.

AND then they go to the next sentence that New York, Cali, etc. are closing down small businesses and not allowing people to work.
                      I talk about deaths AND Covid Syndrome. I personally believe that any business asked to close should receive restitution from the government doing the asking. That may sound Socialistic, but businesses shouldn't be expected to prepare for pandemics. And with business insurance companies rejecting proprietor's claims... somebody has to step up. You can't let a fully viable business cease to operate because of a natural disaster that couldn't be prepared for.

Chancellor Angela Merkel has said stores, schools and day care centers will close in the run-up to Christmas. The new rules, agreed with Germany's 16 state leaders, will come into effect from Wednesday.

Germany has always taken the virus seriously and they haven't stopped now. They will be providing significant financial support for the businesses they ask to close.

I have maintained from the start, had we attacked the virus in America aggressively, with a hard national lockdown (6 wks), then followed up with mandatory national masking + aggressive contact tracing w/ court-ordered quarantines and penalties for violators, we would have had a very easy go of this compared to what we experienced. Germany had 5 months of relatively infection-free life. Worst case scenario we would have had a lock-down in March/April and another one now. But we'd be sitting at 50-75k deaths, our healthcare operating in optimal fashion, and large blocks of low infection-rate periods heading into the vaccine. It would feel like a Nothingburger compared to the hell we've endured.

Instead we've been in a continual state of partial lockdowns in various parts of the country with continual bickering over ****ing masks.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        I scrolled down and caught this:

And this is why we are all ****ed for the foreseeable future.

Buckle up buttercup! We're gonna have a very, very rough ride the next 6 months.

Comment

Buckle up buttercup! We're gonna have a very, very rough ride the next 6 months.
                          They were all wearing masks and socially distancing. The high altitude leads to the optical illusion that they were close together.

Comment

But nothing from you during the Summer of Peaceful Protesting rallies?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

They were all wearing masks and socially distancing. The high altitude leads to the optical illusion that they were close together.
                              Can't tell if serious, but social distancing distance has to change with crowd density. And at density levels that high I don't think I'd feel comfortable exposing myself to the potential viral concentration for hours at a time regardless of type of mask worn.

Probably not that much wind with the fog either, but the air would be saturated so that is a plus. Heavy air is bad for aerosol carry.

I'm gonna rule this a bad idea w/ contribution to an already out-of-control infectious spread likely.

I feel fairly comfortable going to the store, doctor's office, etc., so I'm a long way from a shut-in mentality. But that crowd, for that long... is just too much IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

But nothing from you during the Summer of Peaceful Protesting rallies?
                                I'm against all forms of congregation in the middle of a pandemic - particularly indoors - and especially maskless like many pro-Trump events.

Comment

Working...
                                X