Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image.png

Well now look at Kansas! Utilizing some innovative reporting methods in order to shark its way up to #5!

We'll likely be hitting 4,000 deaths a day soon; 5,000 a day is not out of the question. Thanksgiving gatherings are being felt now. Once Christmas passes, well... so will grandma, grandpa, and the odd younger person. Add in a boatload of long-term Covid syndrome suffers and I think I just would have preferred a lump of coal from ol' St. Nick.

Comment

• Pre Covid, ~70 Kansans died every die. Just putting things in context. That is 25,000 in a year.

There is no question that COVID19 is bad. Health officials shouldn't make it worse than it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Your point?

Do you know the difference between "early in the pandemic" and middle, and late?

And someone having a positive view on something and actually wearing one 24/7 when they are out in public are two different things. I doubt we have 80% of the public wearing masks on 12/16/20 let alone EARLY in the pandemic (March/April).

Go ahead and educate yourself on how many states still do not have mask mandates. We're listed as "yes, but widely unenforced"... >_<

https://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-...ronavirus.html
        Do I really need to get out a crayon to show you why June is early in the pandemic?

Do you honestly think mandates are going to change the mind of the few that still refuse to wear masks or cause them to double down on their refusal? Since you seem to revel in anecdotes, I’ve counted mask usage every place I’ve been for the last month and only once was my count anywhere close to being below 85%. Most often 100% unless I was in a big box store. Usually less than a handful of the 70 odd people in the store were maskless. Apparently I don’t congregate with the basket of deplorables that you seem to find yourself around. At this point I could chalk that group up to having already had the virus and still having antibodies.

Comment

image.png

Well now look at Kansas! Utilizing some innovative reporting methods in order to shark its way up to #5!

We'll likely be hitting 4,000 deaths a day soon; 5,000 a day is not out of the question. Thanksgiving gatherings are being felt now. Once Christmas passes, well... so will grandma, grandpa, and the odd younger person. Add in a boatload of long-term Covid syndrome suffers and I think I just would have preferred a lump of coal from ol' St. Nick.
          Your comparing states that report totals every day to a state that reports totals every other day and not on weekends.

Way to “own” that one.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post

Do I really need to get out a crayon to show you why June is early in the pandemic?

Do you honestly think mandates are going to change the mind of the few that still refuse to wear masks or cause them to double down on their refusal? Since you seem to revel in anecdotes, I’ve counted mask usage every place I’ve been for the last month and only once was my count anywhere close to being below 85%. Most often 100% unless I was in a big box store. Usually less than a handful of the 70 odd people in the store were maskless. Apparently I don’t congregate with the basket of deplorables that you seem to find yourself around. At this point I could chalk that group up to having already had the virus and still having antibodies.
            What a mess...

Your entire post looks like it was written in crayon.

Yeah, mandates force businesses to comply or be fined that's why you don't see anybody without a mask in Wichita stores. But if I were in charge I'd add a fine for citizens as well. Australia used this technique with great success. 99% compliance in many parts.

The anecdotes I offer are from health professionals' personal experiences - significantly more reliable than your Friday night tour through Wal-Mart. I can take you to dozens of cities in Kansas where finding mask wearers will be more difficult than not.

You're gonna "chalk up the maskless" to being immunized huh? Stick to your day job bub.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Your comparing states that report totals every day to a state that reports totals every other day and not on weekends.

Way to “own” that one.
              Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              Bolded, colored, underlined, and enlarged to aid your reading comprehension.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                Pre Covid, ~70 Kansans died every die. Just putting things in context. That is 25,000 in a year.

There is no question that COVID19 is bad. Health officials shouldn't make it worse than it is.
                The reason you have people running around waving their hands in the air yelling fire is because you have people running around maskless (or hanging under their chin) and calling this a fake pandemic. Too much polarity. I'll leave you to your own conclusions as to how that came about.

As I've said before, this could have been one of those American moments where everybody pulls together, new heroes are born every day, and we come out the other side victorious and in far better shape than the rest of the world. Instead, it will be looked back on in history as a modern-day Vietnam. Chaos, confusion, lack of purpose, leadership, and ultimately... failure.

Comment

The reason you have people running around waving their hands in the air yelling fire is because you have people running around maskless (or hanging under their chin) and calling this a fake pandemic. Too much polarity. I'll leave you to your own conclusions as to how that came about.

As I've said before, this could have been one of those American moments where everybody pulls together, new heroes are born every day, and we come out the other side victorious and in far better shape than the rest of the world. Instead, it will be looked back on in history as a modern-day Vietnam. Chaos, confusion, lack of purpose, leadership, and ultimately... failure.
                  Like Hiden Joe's Deputy Chief of Staff calling Trump supporters F*ckers then saying we should put our differences aside and come together? Such BS. That is why I am choosing to not sing kumbaya and "come together". Where were the calls for unity for the last four years from the left?? F pulling together.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Like Hiden Joe's Deputy Chief of Staff calling Trump supporters F*ckers then saying we should put our differences aside and come together? Such BS. That is why I am choosing to not sing kumbaya and "come together". Where were the calls for unity for the last four years from the left?? F pulling together.
                    My prescription for you is to unplug from the politics and see if your head doesn't clear and you aren't a happier person. The MSM wound the libs up during Trump's administration and now FOX winds the conservatives. Puppets and puppeteers my friend... puppets and puppeteers.

Don't play tit for tat. Be the bigger person. I said the same thing during the BLM riots. Don't use others as an excuse, rise above the fray. Let common sense and goodwill be your guide. Set aside the anger.

Comment

So you’re in agreement the data is being artificially inflated?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Josh Holmes

@HolmesJosh

6h
                        In case you were wondering, “his plan” on coronavirus as outlined in this ad: testing, free vaccines and small biz relief. In other words, what is already being done.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Josh Holmes

@HolmesJosh

6h
                          In case you were wondering, “his plan” on coronavirus as outlined in this ad: testing, free vaccines and small biz relief. In other words, what is already being done.
                          Exactly! Everything Hiden Joe has said is what the Trump administration is already doing. It is laughable.

Comment

• Despite everybody in SoCal being masked and all the bars closed, they are in trouble anyway

Slammed with COVID-19 patients, the 11-county region is critically short of acute care resources, which may lead to higher mortality rates.

Comment

Yeah, like ShockerFever, I'm curious why you posted that. It's either sarcasm, because you still believe that Kansas doesn't have a different reporting methodology that skews the rankings that you posted, or you are now flip-flopping and agree that Kansas has a different reporting methodology that makes the "ranking" that you posted worthless?

Which is it?
                              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Are there examples of any business or employer being fined in Kansas? I believe a lot of law enforcement folks have said they will not issue tickets.

Having business enforce civil or criminal offenses doesn't work very well. That is not what they do. I think most people are wearing masks because they are trying to do what they can to get end this whole bad dream.

Comment

Working...
                                X