Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    There is contract tracing here at restaurants. Most (not all) require you to sign in when you go to eat (name, phone #, etc). This is so they can contact trace. Denver was the same.
    That sounds very robust and a blatant attack on privacy/liberty... which means it's probably a good idea for pandemic control. :) Although, the infected still has to get tested. The most successful strategy I've seen is a tactic employed by Asian nations, which is to randomly test the public so they can early detect outbreaks before they start showing up in the hospitals. We were onto something similar in the States by taking samples in sewage plants but that isn't focused enough. You literally have to have testing centers in the streets everywhere... think a sobriety check point on the highways. Then you can identify the movement of the virus throughout a community and the asymptomatic carriers can no longer hide.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

While the East Coast was locked down and stifling infections, Texas, Florida, and the like, were rocking out with their cocks out.
        Yes, NY is doing so well.

NYY.JPG

Comment

• Republicans knew this back in June

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Powerful study and right on the money. It’s common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Powerful study and right on the money. It’s common sense.
              Stupid states like New York, New Jersey, California, Illinois, and a few other states led by Democrat Governors who have locked down their businesses are in a heap of debt trouble. The bigger problem is that the Democrat led Federal Government will reward them for being stupid and bail them out with money we more debt, and raise taxes on all of us. Add the $15.00 minimum wage that Biden wants and workers in the service industry are going to lose jobs and prices will go up. Add the Green New Deal and Inflation which is next to zero now, probably will become another problem. Our economy could be headed for bad times.

Comment

• Buck Sexton

@BuckSexton
                If we continue to heed Fauci's panic proclamations, it will be another year *at least* before we get our lives back. He offers no answers, only anxiety and tyranny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Stupid states like New York, New Jersey, California, Illinois, and a few other states led by Democrat Governors who have locked down their businesses are in a heap of debt trouble. The bigger problem is that the Democrat led Federal Government will reward them for being stupid and bail them out with money we more debt, and raise taxes on all of us. Add the $15.00 minimum wage that Biden wants and workers in the service industry are going to lose jobs and prices will go up. Add the Green New Deal and Inflation which is next to zero now, probably will become another problem. Our economy could be headed for bad times.
                  OK, I'm calling bullshit here. Your party was in charge for the last four years, they crammed through a huge tax cut, mostly directed at people at the top of the income scale. The huge, unsustainable deficits that resulted have been aggravated by pandemic spending. If we have a problem with our national debt, seems like your guy Trump presided over most of the damage. Not only that, I believe it is a better proposition to help the poor, even if I don't think every state ought to have a higher minimum wage.

But don't let that stop you. Now I understand why Republicans seem to buy into that goofy QAnon stuff. They have short memories, they forgot what their guy mucked up when he was in office, and now seem to be rooting for the failure of a president just because he's a democrat. It's situational ignorance.

I will be here to remind each and every one of you about your apparent hypocrisy when I see extreme examples. This is an extreme example.

Comment

• Why Trump lost:

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

OK, I'm calling bullshit here. Your party was in charge for the last four years, they crammed through a huge tax cut, mostly directed at people at the top of the income scale. The huge, unsustainable deficits that resulted have been aggravated by pandemic spending. If we have a problem with our national debt, seems like your guy Trump presided over most of the damage. Not only that, I believe it is a better proposition to help the poor, even if I don't think every state ought to have a higher minimum wage.

But don't let that stop you. Now I understand why Republicans seem to buy into that goofy QAnon stuff. They have short memories, they forgot what their guy mucked up when he was in office, and now seem to be rooting for the failure of a president just because he's a democrat. It's situational ignorance.

I will be here to remind each and every one of you about your apparent hypocrisy when I see extreme examples. This is an extreme example.
                      What does individual states locking down and crushing their economy have to do with national debt to this point? Certainly Trump increased the debt, and now these states are going to further increase it. One did not cause the other.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

But this headline says he cut spending? Is that why he lost? If he would have spent more money you would have voted for him?
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• I've been gone for a while (basketball season has started) so I have a question: Is it true the median age of death has gone up to 83?

One more question: Prior to The Year Of Our Lord 2020 what percentage of people over the age of 70 passed away from pneumonia, on a yearly basis? Only educated answers please.

Surgeon General.jpg

What information was the Surgeon General basing this statement upon?

Comment

• Orange man ended Obama-era disease security programs to pay for unneeded tax cuts.
                            • Pandemic breaks out. Orange man tries to ignore it, but it catches up with him.
                            • Orange man loses the election and since he's a sore loser, starts a riot on the way out.
                            Don't let the door hit you in the @$$ when you leave, Orange man!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                              I've been gone for a while (basketball season has started) so I have a question: Is it true the median age of death has gone up to 83?

One more question: Prior to The Year Of Our Lord 2020 what percentage of people over the age of 70 passed away from pneumonia, on a yearly basis? Only educated answers please.

What information was the Surgeon General basing this statement upon?
                              The Surgeon General based their statement on this, not the bunkum you're putting out today......

Comment

• Orange man ended Obama-era disease security programs to pay for unneeded tax cuts.
                                • Pandemic breaks out. Orange man tries to ignore it, but it catches up with him.
                                • Orange man loses the election and since he's a sore loser, starts a riot on the way out.
                                Don't let the door hit you in the @$$ when you leave, Orange man!
                                Why are you so angry?

Even when Dems win, they get enraged.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X