New Restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vbird53
    A good one is the Yard House. It's one of the staples of the Legends at Village West (by the KC Speedway).

They have just a few restaurants across the nation, but their bar is quite impressive. They used to offer full yards of beer, but found they are just too big (and many broke), but they still have 1/2 yards.

Also, they have a large (and very unique) menu.
    Yard House is one of my favorite places to go around KC. A beer lover's paradise.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
      Originally posted by McShocker
      Since the topic has evolved a bit to include places that are a short drive away, I will chip in my $.02.

The Grand Central Hotel in Cottonwood Falls is one of only 3-4 restaurants in the state rated 4 diamonds by AAA. It is the best steak I have ever had. I would recommend taking the drive that all the bikers like so much. Take the turnpike to Cassoday, and then head north on K-177. This is the beginning of the scenic byway and is just absolutely beautiful, especially right after everything turns green in the spring. If you are driving near dusk, WATCH FOR DEER! They are very thick and there is not much shoulder on the highway with quite a few curves. I believe the scenic byway goes on up to Council Grove, which is well worth your time as well. There is another restaurant in Council Grove that is pretty good as well called the Hays House.
      It's not just dark when you need to watch for deer on that stretch of road.

If you're going to Cassoday, you might try breakfast there at their small cafe. It's got a breakfast buffet sometimes (maybe always, it's been a while), but I've never had a bad thing there ever.

I have been through there many times but never stopped to eat there sounds like I should give it a try.

Has anyone tried Ty's just west of the river in Wichita? That's one packed place during lunch.
      Ty's is one of a kind. I usually get the double with a side order of angioplasty. Mmmmmmm

Comment

Ty's is best burger in Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
          Na, give me a Nu-Way any day! Crumbly and greasy is good.
          :good:

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Ty's is good... just don't go there in the summer as the AC is weak.

Comment

If I NEVER have a Nu-Way again I'll die happy
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I ate a baconator and a spicy chicken fillet w/cheese, from wendys of course, in one sitting... an hour later i slipped into a light coma in my recliner. when i woke up i thought it was they year 1998
                Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Originally posted by small tyme baller
                  I ate a baconator and a spicy chicken fillet w/cheese, from wendys of course, in one sitting... an hour later i slipped into a light coma in my recliner. when i woke up i thought it was they year 1998
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                    If I NEVER have a Nu-Way again I'll die happy
                    I'm with you there
                    "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Originally posted by wxkid23
                      Ty's is good... just don't go there in the summer as the AC is weak.
                      When I lived in Wichita in the 80s, you could smell someone that ate at Ty's 50 feet away, especially when a groups folks were first walking into the building at the same time...

Great place to eat.

At some point this spring, I am going to sneak back to Wichita and go on a "joint pilgramage" hitting all of old favorites (that are still there). Might not come back to KC alive due to the clogged arteries. I'll end up looking like the guy in "Supersize Me" after just one weekend....
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
                        At some point this spring, I am going to sneak back to Wichita and go on a "joint pilgramage" hitting all of old favorites (that are still there). Might not come back to KC alive due to the clogged arteries. I'll end up looking like the guy in "Supersize Me" after just one weekend....
                        Where all will you be patronizing on this excursion?
                        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                        Students > Alumni
                        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
                          Originally posted by jocoshock
                          Where all will you be patronizing on this excursion?
                          First, I have to figure out what is still in business. I recently read about Arky, the proprieteor ot Takhoma burger dieing. I was surprised he lived that long. Some of the places technically aren't "joints: The places are many, and I couldn't hit them in just two days, but the list would include:

NuWay
                          DogNShake
                          Calvins on South Seneca
                          Bionic Burger
                          Ty's
                          Old Mill Tasty Shop
                          LaChinita
                          Mike's Steakhouse
                          Albert's
                          Grinder Man
                          Bierocks
                          Jet BBQ

Places that I really liked that I assume aren't around anymore:

Takhoma Burger
                          Estalita's
                          Selmon Brothers BBQ
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

NuWay, DogNshake, and grinderman's still alive

Comment

I believe Selmon Bros is now Two Bros BBQ.

Comment

I believe Selmon Bros is now Two Bros BBQ.
                                It is and it's good.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X