No announcement yet.

New Restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To each their own but IMO Knolla’s falls way short of authentic deep dish Chicago or NY style thin crust. The fact that they try and do both should say something. In my book Angelo’s had the best pie in town, which now goes to Defazio’s (close but not quite as good as the original Angelo’s).

Speaking of Angelo’s it’s a damn shame the kids drove that place into the ground. :-x

Comment

• The Harry and Webb location is definitely the worst of the 4. The other three are all owned and run by a member of the Knolla's family, Harry and Webb is not.

Angelos is also very good pizza. Another good one is AJ's/Back Alley, very good there too.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBaller
        The Harry and Webb location is definitely the worst of the 4. The other three are all owned and run by a member of the Knolla's family, Harry and Webb is not.

Angelos is also very good pizza. Another good one is AJ's/Back Alley, very good there too.
        There aren't any Angelos still around are there?

Comment

• Pizza

Hands down the best pizza in the area is MADROCKS in Derby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle
            Originally posted by ShockBaller
            The Harry and Webb location is definitely the worst of the 4. The other three are all owned and run by a member of the Knolla's family, Harry and Webb is not.

No. Reread my post.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu
              Originally posted by Cdizzle
              Originally posted by ShockBaller

No. Reread my post.
              My bad. I agree, stupid buffet ruined the place.

Comment

• Aj's is good pizza. I work right across the way from there and we order there alot.

My friend from new york has a place where you can order pizza from new york and they will ship it to you. All you have to do is pop it in the oven and heat it up. Great late night snack. Unfortunately I dont know what the website is.

Comment

• Some friend you are :P
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

To each their own but IMO Knolla’s falls way short of authentic deep dish Chicago or NY style thin crust. The fact that they try and do both should say something. In my book Angelo’s had the best pie in town, which now goes to Defazio’s (close but not quite as good as the original Angelo’s).

Speaking of Angelo’s it’s a damn shame the kids drove that place into the ground. :-x
                    I agree. I was just warning him about the southeat location. Angelos was by far the best pizza in town. Z pizza was pretty good while it lasted on rock road but that didnt last long.

Comment

• ^Z Pizza was gross. I tried a slice and it was... subpar. So Knolla's, eh? I've always wanted to try it. Open a WhatABurger, SteakNShake, Joe's Crab Shack, and Pizziera UNO's here for starters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                        I think the point that Fever was trying to make *which he could have just said instead of going out to the third tier left field dude its not what you say its how you say it.* was that to many times Wichita will bring in something that is Just like something but never is.
                        Wichita will not be a KC or Dallas or anything of the sort. The people here are fine with it, I dont know how/why but they are.

Like I said before with Cheesecake Factory. You either bring it or you dont. Same thing with gander mountain. Its like Bass pro but not really.
                        So whats the point. Its okay to be second tier?

Then every year you see articles in the newspaper or stories on the news about why young people are moving once they get done with school.
                        Theres nothing for them. Everything is geared toward the really young or the really old.

Im about 5 seconds from a tangent that wont mean anything to anybody accept myself so ill stop. but please continue on.
                        Coulden't have said it better myself

Comment

• [quote="wxkid23"]
                          Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                          I think the point that Fever was trying to make *which he could have just said instead of going out to the third tier left field dude its not what you say its how you say it.* was that to many times Wichita will bring in something that is Just like something but never is.
                          Wichita will not be a KC or Dallas or anything of the sort. The people here are fine with it, I dont know how/why but they are.

Like I said before with Cheesecake Factory. You either bring it or you dont. Same thing with gander mountain. Its like Bass pro but not really.
                          So whats the point. Its okay to be second tier?

Then every year you see articles in the newspaper or stories on the news about why young people are moving once they get done with school.
                          Theres nothing for them. Everything is geared toward the really young or the really old.

Im about 5 seconds from a tangent that wont mean anything to anybody accept myself so ill stop. but please continue on.
                          Seriously, most or all of my friends want to move to bigger cities because there's nothing for us 18 to 24 crowd to do.

Comment

To each their own but IMO Knolla’s falls way short of authentic deep dish Chicago or NY style thin crust. The fact that they try and do both should say something. In my book Angelo’s had the best pie in town, which now goes to Defazio’s (close but not quite as good as the original Angelo’s).

I have had the Knolla's deep dish and it falls well short of anything resembling a true chicago-style pizza (my fav of which is Lou's) Knolla's thin crust pizza is pretty tasty for what it is. Angelo's was the BEST pizza in town hands down even though it didn't really resemble Chicago or New York style it was extremely tasty.

I'll sum it up like this...

If you want Chicago Style IMO...

Old Chicago... not the best but IMO it is the closest you can get to italian sausage/pepperoni deep dish that tastes somewhat like Chicago

My other fav's

Pizza Johns (Derby)- Good thin crust pizza

Knolla's- Thin crust pretty good

AJ's- Haven't been in a while and friends say it has went downhill... it used to be good... i'll have to try again soon

Sabarro's in Towne West- Simple yet good

Pizza hut- Best of the Big 3 IMO

Godfathers- Good stuff but locations are going down

Overall we have a number of pretty good places for pizza. Nothing awesome since Angelo's though.

Comment

• Wichitans are cheap. They are conservative and fight progression as a city. The arena is a big example, while every other comparitive city in the region is building new arenas, Wichita was fighting to build one of their own. Omaha, Tulsa, Little Rock, all built new ones, finally we got the deal done.

Eating establishments do not fair very well in Wichita either. Face it, Wichitans are cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
                                Wichitans are cheap. They are conservative and fight progression as a city. The arena is a big example, while every other comparitive city in the region is building new arenas, Wichita was fighting to build one of their own. Omaha, Tulsa, Little Rock, all built new ones, finally we got the deal done.

Eating establishments do not fair very well in Wichita either. Face it, Wichitans are cheap.
                                But not cheaper than folks in KC. They had to have a group come in and foot the entire bill for the Sprint Center.

And the JoCo folks are all too content to let the Missouri folks carry the tab for all the stadiums....

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X