New Restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22
    Apparently I upset a few. I, as well, will never step foot in either. They're nowhere near interesting to me. And everytime i've driven by Gander it's about as empty as can be. I really doubt a Bass Pro would be any better.

I'm far from someone as you described that wants nothing new. I just want something that will add to the city. I don't really see either Gander or Bass Pro doing that. And considering what I've seen, I haven't been wrong. (Unless I've just driven by at bad times...)
    Most people I know of park in the parking garage, which normally has quite a few cars in it. On the weekends it is tough to find a spot. There are normally quite a few trucks that come in from around that state with 2-3 people a piece looking for stuff.

Comment

Downtown Shocker Brown is quickly becoming one of my favorite posters.

Comment

Chances of ever getting CF are slim to none. IIRC The Eagle ran a story quoting CF officials who laid out their site requirements involving various demographic stats and gross income figures. They cited the N. Rock area and Wichita’s current highest grossing restaurant (Scotch) and they really didn’t come close to meeting CF standards.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
          Chances of ever getting CF are slim to none. IIRC The Eagle ran a story quoting CF officials who laid out their site requirements involving various demographic stats and gross income figures. They cited the N. Rock area and Wichita’s current highest grossing restaurant (Scotch) and they really didn’t come close to meeting CF standards.
          That officially makes you, me, The Eagle, and the CF officials 'negative Nancys.'
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

BostonWu took information he had read, make a 'realistic' argument, and didn't say never, won't, or because.

Comment

A Bass Pro in Wichita would likely draw from the Wichita-area, SW Kansas and maybe a from areas of SE Kansas. The others will go to Cabela's in KC or Bass Pro in Springfield or Tulsa. I'm not sure if Wichita was enough of a "big fish" for Bass Pro.

I do think Gander Mtn. would be wise to add some tourist-attracting features. It would be a nice compliment to the Saddleback Chophouse.

Comment

We now have 2 Bass Pro's in the KC area

1 in Olathe
                1 in Independence

Comment

Plus Cabela's out off of 435 on your way to the airport from Wichita.

OKC has a Bass Pro. Branson has a small one in their development they built by Lake Taneycomo.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                    Apparently I upset a few. I, as well, will never step foot in either. They're nowhere near interesting to me. And everytime i've driven by Gander it's about as empty as can be. I really doubt a Bass Pro would be any better.

I'm far from someone as you described that wants nothing new. I just want something that will add to the city. I don't really see either Gander or Bass Pro doing that. And considering what I've seen, I haven't been wrong. (Unless I've just driven by at bad times...)

I guess I just don't see how Bass Pro and/or Gander give Wichita a big city feel...
                    Gander isn't half the place Bass Pro is which is the problem. Gander is a poorly run company that was nearly bankrupt when we brought them in. Earnings for them are still deep in the red...obviously not a healthy company. Gander isn't as good as Cabela's either. It's better than nothing though and at least it's something to look at off Kellogg.

Comment

• I think the point that Fever was trying to make *which he could have just said instead of going out to the third tier left field dude its not what you say its how you say it.* was that to many times Wichita will bring in something that is Just like something but never is.
                      Wichita will not be a KC or Dallas or anything of the sort. The people here are fine with it, I dont know how/why but they are.

Like I said before with Cheesecake Factory. You either bring it or you dont. Same thing with gander mountain. Its like Bass pro but not really.
                      So whats the point. Its okay to be second tier?

Then every year you see articles in the newspaper or stories on the news about why young people are moving once they get done with school.
                      Theres nothing for them. Everything is geared toward the really young or the really old.

Im about 5 seconds from a tangent that wont mean anything to anybody accept myself so ill stop. but please continue on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                        OKC has a Bass Pro. Branson has a small one in their development they built by Lake Taneycomo.
                        Add Tulsa (Broken Arrow) to the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                          I think the point that Fever was trying to make *which he could have just said instead of going out to the third tier left field dude its not what you say its how you say it.* was that to many times Wichita will bring in something that is Just like something but never is.
                          Wichita will not be a KC or Dallas or anything of the sort. The people here are fine with it, I dont know how/why but they are.

Like I said before with Cheesecake Factory. You either bring it or you dont. Same thing with gander mountain. Its like Bass pro but not really.
                          So whats the point. Its okay to be second tier?

Then every year you see articles in the newspaper or stories on the news about why young people are moving once they get done with school.
                          Theres nothing for them. Everything is geared toward the really young or the really old.

Im about 5 seconds from a tangent that wont mean anything to anybody accept myself so ill stop. but please continue on.
                          Thank you.

The only tude I gave was in response to what was given to me. In my original post, I don't think I came off that off-base, unless by off-base you mean not pro-Unrealistic Wichita.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Go to Knolla's Pizza. They have four locations in Wichita (13th & West, Harry & Webb, Central & Tyler and Central & Rock). They have patterned their deep dish pizza off of Uno's. Just go in there and ask for the Chicago Style deep dish pizza. You won't be disappointed. Their New York Style thin crust is also very good if you have never had it. Best pizza in town hands down!

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                            Ive heard that we will be getting a Joes Crab shack in the waterfront or river walk or whatever they are calling that place.

as for fast food I would want a What a Burger.

I would like some pizza places to I wish Sbarros would get a location outside of the mall. I really like that place. NY pizza >>>>
                            I would also like a place that does a decent Chicago Style Deep dish pizza.
                            Also I would like a Pizza Shuttle. I love that place.

I would also like to have a Houstons here. I mean we have a PF Changs why not Houstons.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBaller
                              Go to Knolla's Pizza. They have four locations in Wichita (13th & West, Harry & Webb, Central & Tyler and Central & Rock). They have patterned their deep dish pizza off of Uno's. Just go in there and ask for the Chicago Style deep dish pizza. You won't be disappointed. Their New York Style thin crust is also very good if you have never had it. Best pizza in town hands down!

Ive heard that we will be getting a Joes Crab shack in the waterfront or river walk or whatever they are calling that place.

I would like some pizza places to I wish Sbarros would get a location outside of the mall. I really like that place. NY pizza >>>>

I would also like to have a Houstons here. I mean we have a PF Changs why not Houstons.
                              I think i have had knollas before i cant remember so I will definently look into it.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                                Originally posted by ShockBaller
                                Go to Knolla's Pizza. They have four locations in Wichita (13th & West, Harry & Webb, Central & Tyler and Central & Rock). They have patterned their deep dish pizza off of Uno's. Just go in there and ask for the Chicago Style deep dish pizza. You won't be disappointed. Their New York Style thin crust is also very good if you have never had it. Best pizza in town hands down!

I think i have had knollas before i cant remember so I will definently look into it.

Thanks
                                If your gonna try knollas avoid the location at harry and webb across from the dillons. The last 4 orders ive had there (delivery and carry out) were wrong and at this point ill call an order into the location at central and rock and go out of my way as they always get it right.

Comment

Working...
                                X