No announcement yet.

New Restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i believe it is... someone correct me if im wrong. he wears glasses most the time, kinda tall and has a shaved head. do you know him fastbow? he doesnt know me from the next guy but when i go in there with friends we shoot the breeze with him and talk sports
    Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Lots of heart stopping memories here.

Grandys was great and I cannot believe they went bye bye. The breakfast sandwiches were absolutely dynamite and while I would never denegrate the memory of R&S (or many other fab BBQ) the ribs at Grandys were hugely under rated. If you never had them you don't know what you are missing.

Nobody mentioned Boston Market. Again, I do not know how they didn't turn a profit on my business alone. I only imagine that heroin addicts have the same shakes and hallucinations that I suffered during withdrawl.

Several people commented on a seafood place. Joe's would be good but the history in the ICT isn't strong with regards to seafood places. Have many of you tried Bonefish Grill? I've never had anything less than a tremendous meal there.

If you want to expand your distances a bit, I would suggest you try two places in Ponca City. Enriques at the airport is fantastic. I know people that have gone there every weekend for years. Head Country BBQ next to the Walmart has great ribs and used to have an all-you-can-eat rib night on Friday. It's been a while since I have been there so this could be outdated. Ponca City is not that far and if you get a chance to tour Marland Manor you can make a day out of it. If you haven't been you not only don't know what you are missing, you will be stunned that it was even possible to build something like that in the early 20th century.

Comment

The Marland Mansion was INCREDIBLE. Such a sad story too. I took my boys and they were awestruck, as was I. They also have a Pioneer Woman Museum. It has a lot of info and artifacts from the 1800's showing how women lived and what they did to keep their cowboys lookin good.

Comment

Originally posted by small tyme baller
          i believe it is... someone correct me if im wrong. he wears glasses most the time, kinda tall and has a shaved head. do you know him fastbow? he doesnt know me from the next guy but when i go in there with friends we shoot the breeze with him and talk sports
          How long has he been working there? He's probably not the same Bill I'm thinking of, but it's a pretty close match...
          Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
          Students > Alumni
          If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
          The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
            Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ
            How about an ESPN Zone!

I guess I can dream

(I heard a rumor about the possibility of getting a hard rock once the area opens though)
            ESPNzone and Hard Rock have mediocre food, in my opinion.

The atmosphere is ok.

Wichita isn't missing anything by not having one of those.
            Both places are fun to hang out at and ESPN Zone has super arcades full of sports games. We are never getting either of those places though. I agree the food is mediocre but that's not the full purpose of the place especially ESPN.

Comment

My list of top places...

Dunkin
              Real Chick-Fil-A
              Whataburger
              Hardees
              Steak @ Shake (Freddy's is good but S@S is better IMO)
              Boston Market
              Carl's Jr
              White Castle
              Cheescake (a dream.. they aren't coming here)
              ESPN/Hard Rock (another dream)
              Grandy's (good but barely around anymore)
              Dave @ Buster (too small of city for D@B)

Comment

Grandy's is still doing well in OKC, for those interested.

Comment

Kinda sucks that Backyard Burgers closed up shop.

Their fries were my friends.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                    Kinda sucks that Backyard Burgers closed up shop.

Their fries were my friends.
                    I always heard good things about them.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                      Lots of heart stopping memories here.

Grandys was great and I cannot believe they went bye bye. The breakfast sandwiches were absolutely dynamite and while I would never denegrate the memory of R&S (or many other fab BBQ) the ribs at Grandys were hugely under rated. If you never had them you don't know what you are missing.

Nobody mentioned Boston Market. Again, I do not know how they didn't turn a profit on my business alone. I only imagine that heroin addicts have the same shakes and hallucinations that I suffered during withdrawl.

Several people commented on a seafood place. Joe's would be good but the history in the ICT isn't strong with regards to seafood places. Have many of you tried Bonefish Grill? I've never had anything less than a tremendous meal there.

If you want to expand your distances a bit, I would suggest you try two places in Ponca City. Enriques at the airport is fantastic. I know people that have gone there every weekend for years. Head Country BBQ next to the Walmart has great ribs and used to have an all-you-can-eat rib night on Friday. It's been a while since I have been there so this could be outdated. Ponca City is not that far and if you get a chance to tour Marland Manor you can make a day out of it. If you haven't been you not only don't know what you are missing, you will be stunned that it was even possible to build something like that in the early 20th century.
                      I'll echo Doc's comment about Bonefish. Great place if you like seafood. But I'd still like another option for real seafood besides Bonefish and Red Lobster.

Comment

Great Food!! Best seafood in the world!!!!!
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Since the topic has evolved a bit to include places that are a short drive away, I will chip in my $.02.

The Grand Central Hotel in Cottonwood Falls is one of only 3-4 restaurants in the state rated 4 diamonds by AAA. It is the best steak I have ever had. I would recommend taking the drive that all the bikers like so much. Take the turnpike to Cassoday, and then head north on K-177. This is the beginning of the scenic byway and is just absolutely beautiful, especially right after everything turns green in the spring. If you are driving near dusk, WATCH FOR DEER! They are very thick and there is not much shoulder on the highway with quite a few curves. I believe the scenic byway goes on up to Council Grove, which is well worth your time as well. There is another restaurant in Council Grove that is pretty good as well called the Hays House.

Comment

Originally posted by wxkid23
                            My list of top places...

Dunkin
                            Real Chick-Fil-A

That's it. That's all I would need to get and stay sufficiently fat. I'm very lucky they left.

Comment

A good one is the Yard House. It's one of the staples of the Legends at Village West (by the KC Speedway).

They have just a few restaurants across the nation, but their bar is quite impressive. They used to offer full yards of beer, but found they are just too big (and many broke), but they still have 1/2 yards.

Also, they have a large (and very unique) menu.

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker
                                Since the topic has evolved a bit to include places that are a short drive away, I will chip in my $.02.

The Grand Central Hotel in Cottonwood Falls is one of only 3-4 restaurants in the state rated 4 diamonds by AAA. It is the best steak I have ever had. I would recommend taking the drive that all the bikers like so much. Take the turnpike to Cassoday, and then head north on K-177. This is the beginning of the scenic byway and is just absolutely beautiful, especially right after everything turns green in the spring. If you are driving near dusk, WATCH FOR DEER! They are very thick and there is not much shoulder on the highway with quite a few curves. I believe the scenic byway goes on up to Council Grove, which is well worth your time as well. There is another restaurant in Council Grove that is pretty good as well called the Hays House.
                                It's not just dark when you need to watch for deer on that stretch of road.

If you're going to Cassoday, you might try breakfast there at their small cafe. It's got a breakfast buffet sometimes (maybe always, it's been a while), but I've never had a bad thing there ever.

I have been through there many times but never stopped to eat there sounds like I should give it a try.

Has anyone tried Ty's just west of the river in Wichita? That's one packed place during lunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X