X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ
    How about an ESPN Zone!

I guess I can dream

(I heard a rumor about the possibility of getting a hard rock once the area opens though)
    ESPNzone and Hard Rock have mediocre food, in my opinion.

The atmosphere is ok.

Wichita isn't missing anything by not having one of those.

Comment

Agree... both are extremely overated.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

-charley's grilled subs (was at union station in st. louis)
        -whataburger
        -california pizza kitchen
        -in-n-out burger (won't happen within 35 yrs, read article on their ownership)
        -grandy's
        -white castle
        -dunkin doughnuts (there's some in lawerence.. why not here?)
        -Hardees

I also like mom n pop type dinners, pizzarias, burger shacks, etc., if anyone knows any places around wichita or surrounding areas that fit this mold holler at me... I already got some places i like to hit up already :yahoo:
        Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

STB if you're ever in Newton Curtis C's Diner would fit your "mom and pop diner" description. Sports-themed, great food, and breakfast all day on Saturday. ;) If you like philly cheesesteak several friends have told me its the best they've had.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
            Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ
            How about an ESPN Zone!

I guess I can dream

(I heard a rumor about the possibility of getting a hard rock once the area opens though)
            ESPNzone and Hard Rock have mediocre food, in my opinion.

The atmosphere is ok.

Wichita isn't missing anything by not having one of those.
            That's a good point, it's also kind of a prestige thing though

It be pretty cool to see a Hard Rock Wichita shirt!
            The Assman

Comment

I'm throwing my support for the Uno suggestion. I love it!
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Re: New Restaurants

Originally posted by BostonWu
                What new restaurants would you like to see in Wichita? And try and be realistic (i.e. we’re not going to get a Cheesecake factory anytime soon if ever).

Having come from the east coast I REALLY REALLY miss Dunkin Donuts - you name it coffee, donuts, breakfast sandwiches. There is practically one on every corner in Boston...even an arena in Providence! One thing I have never understood is the lack of coffee shops in Wichita. I can't tell you how popular iced coffee is back east and its' damn near impossible to find it in Wichita. In many parts of the country McDonald's serves iced coffee...not here in Wichita...and I don't want some sissy mocha shaved iced slush with whipped cream...I need real high-octane coffee splashed over iced...YEAH I'M A CAFFEIN ADDICT!!! :yahoo:

Secondly, I wish KC would get Maggiano's Little Italy. I've frequented that joint in Boston, Philly, Chicago and Vegas and can't get enough.
                Someone must be reading SN since McD's is now selling iced coffee in ICT! :good:

Comment

Grandy's rolls were awesome. No other chicken-place biscuit/roll comes close, although I do enjoy a Church's biscuit on occasion.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Dunkin' Donuts will open several stores throughout the KC area over the next few years. I believe they might total 16-20 stores (opening about 4 in the next 2 years.)

Perhaps Wichita will be next.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23
                      Grandy's rolls were awesome. No other chicken-place biscuit/roll comes close, although I do enjoy a Church's biscuit on occasion.
                      I agree.

My grandma loved the livers as well.

Comment

STB: There's a burger joint on Broadway just north of 21st called Liz's Burgers. Great little hole in the wall.

There's also several wonderful family mexican restaurants on or near North Broadway too...
                        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                        Students > Alumni
                        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
                          STB: There's a burger joint on Broadway just north of 21st called Liz's Burgers. Great little hole in the wall.

There's also several wonderful family mexican restaurants on or near North Broadway too...
                          Head up to 29th and Broadway to the Burger Station (that or Shack), and get a burger and fries. You gotta carry the bag by the bottom or the grease will make your food fall through the bag. It might be greasy, but it's tasty too. I do believe I could feel my arteries clogging as I took every bite. But it's still worth it every once in a while.

Comment

I always see Dave and Buster's commercials. What about them?

Comment

thanks boys, i'll hit up one of the establishments on N broadway... don't know when im going to be in newton again jazztrane so that'll be on the agenda maybe this summer. any of you ever hit up bomber burger in oaklawn right off s. clifton... best burgers i've had in wichita and the guy that runs it is a hoot. i will warn you if you do not like vulgarities you might wanna grab it to go lol... the guy is very passionate about sports and watch wat you say about his steelers.
                              Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Originally posted by small tyme baller
                                the guy is very passionate about sports and watch wat you say about his steelers.
                                His name wouldn't happen to be Bill, would it?
                                Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                                Students > Alumni
                                If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                                The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Working...
                                X