No announcement yet.

Another Earthquake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this is a well thought out conspiracy among East siders, USGS, KU, and whoever else to mess with the West siders' heads. Your mind control tactics won't work on me! FAAAAAKE!

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Didn't feel any of them, but I did hear and feel the house explode in South Omaha a few weeks ago. Terrible story.

S6KOVIZY5RH7PDTHEVV5WW753M.jpg
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        Didn't feel any of them, but I did hear and feel the house explode in South Omaha a few weeks ago. Terrible story.

S6KOVIZY5RH7PDTHEVV5WW753M.jpg
        natural gas explosion?

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

natural gas explosion?
          That was the first thought, then it came out that the grandma that lived there had just filed an epo against her grandson, fearing for her life and that he had threatened to burn down the house. Meth user. So maybe a natural gas explosion, maybe murder. Both the grandma and grandson died. House is completely gone and the two neighbors houses are a mess. I live six miles away, felt a huge jolt go through the floor, followed by the boom. Really weird. And sad.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

USGS reported one at the same time (2.1 magnitude).
            I said they didn't report it but I should have said they didn't map it. I was looking at the page on their site with the map and it looks like it only maps the ones with 2.5+

Looks like someone set up a twitter bot to retweet Kansas quakes from USGS - https://twitter.com/ICTQuakes It appears there was a 1.9 Sunday morning at 1:08 am and then the 2.9 at 2:20 am.
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Breaking news: The City of Wichita is hiring a law firm to investigate things after 7+ quakes were entered in the USGS earthquake portal on Saturday. Some quakes had minor impact and some more significant impact. The media reports issues may have started 5 years ago due to a lazy fracker with Oklahoma ties, but no one knows due to the lack of transparency from any aftershocks. David Kyles has tweeted things were just as bad when he was in Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                Breaking news: The City of Wichita is hiring a law firm to investigate things after 7+ quakes were entered in the USGS earthquake portal on Saturday. Some quakes had minor impact and some more significant impact. The media reports issues may have started 5 years ago due to a lazy fracker with Oklahoma ties, but no one knows due to the lack of transparency from any aftershocks. David Kyles has tweeted things were just as bad when he was in Wichita.
                motherfracker

Comment

Breaking news: The City of Wichita is hiring a law firm to investigate things after 7+ quakes were entered in the USGS earthquake portal on Saturday. Some quakes had minor impact and some more significant impact. The media reports issues may have started 5 years ago due to a lazy fracker with Oklahoma ties, but no one knows due to the lack of transparency from any aftershocks. David Kyles has tweeted things were just as bad when he was in Wichita.
                  As 1979Shocker pointed out to me on post #144, you can do custom searches on the USGS page, so they do map below 2.5. The time period to be mapped also has a few options.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

As 1979Shocker pointed out to me on post #144, you can do custom searches on the USGS page, so they do map below 2.5. The time period to be mapped also has a few options.
                    Thanks ShockTalk and 1979Shocker - good to know! I had viewed that post yesterday on my phone and the mobile view just showed a list of the quakes and no map. But now that I look at it on desktop I can see where the desktop version shows the map with them on it as well.

Comment

• An alternative means for viewing the EQ is from the IRIS Earthquake browser.

earthquake1.JPG

Comment

• The Island of Hawaii is trying to take our earthquake thunder. A 4.4 was reported last night in the area of the Volcanoes National Park. The lake that had been forming in the cave-in of the Halema'uma'u crater within the Kilauea crater has been replaced by lava.

I follow all this because we were on the Big Island at the time of the 6.6 earthquake in 2018 which was the beginning of the later cave-in and floor-drop within Kilauea and the fissures that opened up east of there and the lava flows.

The Park Service actually re-opened a small part of the park a few days after the quake only to close again a couple of days after that. We were able to get into the park within those few days it had re-opened and got pictures and video from the crater rim of a large ash plume that was created by a slide of rock that fell into the lava crater from it's beginning to end.

Comment

• Not going to start another thread, so I'll just post this page here from the USGS on this latest happening.

Shortly after approximately 9:30 p.m. HST, the USGS Hawaiian Volcano Observatory (HVO) detected glow within Halemaʻumaʻu crater at the summit of Kīlauea Volcano. An eruption has commenced within Kīlauea’s summit caldera. The situation is rapidly evolving and HVO will issue another statement when more information is available.  

Comment

Thanks ShockTalk and 1979Shocker - good to know! I had viewed that post yesterday on my phone and the mobile view just showed a list of the quakes and no map. But now that I look at it on desktop I can see where the desktop version shows the map with them on it as well.
                            When you're on the USGS webpage on you phone, you can switch to the map by clicking the globe icon in the upper right.

Comment

• Well, frack it!

The Kansas Corporation Commission does not believe the recent earthquakes in the Wichita area are related to oil and gas industry activity.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• There was a 2.7 magnitude earthquake recorded by the KGS this morning at about 4:20 AM (south of 13th and east of Greenwich). The USGS doesn't have any report yet.

KGS Earthquakes (ku.edu)

Comment

Working...
                                X