• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Dang. How can I not be feeling these?
    Easy peasy.

Comment

• Best I can figure from the two sites is that both are reporting 6 quakes. Four of those match up timewise with both USGS and KGS (times- 11:42AM, 12:40PM, 12:47PM, and 1:18PM)

The USGS is not showing the 11:26AM (2.3) and 3:12PM (2.3) that the KGS has probably because they were under 2.5.

Strangely enough, the KGS did not report the USGS 12:52 (3.4) and has not reported the 8:39PM (2.9) as of yet.

If all is true, that is 8 quakes today.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        Best I can figure from the two sites is that both are reporting 6 quakes. Four of those match up timewise with both USGS and KGS (times- 11:42AM, 12:40PM, 12:47PM, and 1:18PM)

The USGS is not showing the 11:26AM (2.3) and 3:12PM (2.3) that the KGS has probably because they were under 2.5.

Strangely enough, the KGS did not report the USGS 12:52 (3.4) and has not reported the 8:39PM (2.9) as of yet.

I wonder if those discrepanies are due to where their seismic instruments are located located?

Comment

Best I can figure from the two sites is that both are reporting 6 quakes. Four of those match up timewise with both USGS and KGS (times- 11:42AM, 12:40PM, 12:47PM, and 1:18PM)

That would make sense. I felt 7 today...except the first 2.3 reported at 11:26. But they say those are hard to feel sometimes and I could have been busy.

Comment

• How are you guys feeling all of these? Are you just laying on the couch all day?

Im sad to say I haven’t felt a single one yet. I’m on the northwest side but that shouldn’t make that much of a difference.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I wonder if those discrepanies are due to where their seismic instruments are located located?
              Hard to imagine since the 2 that KGS has not shown were 2 of the 3 strongest today and all except 1 (which both reported) are all bunched together.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                How are you guys feeling all of these? Are you just laying on the couch all day?

Im sad to say I haven’t felt a single one yet. I’m on the northwest side but that shouldn’t make that much of a difference.
                I'm at ground zero so my house shakes pretty violently. I was home for all except one...and even felt that at Lowes at Kellogg/Greenwich.

Comment

How are you guys feeling all of these? Are you just laying on the couch all day?

Throughout all this, I've heard more than I've felt and some not all, but live closer to the swarm than you. Today, we've been more aware due to the numbers, but 6 happened between approximately 11:30AM and 1:30 PM and we were both at home eating lunch or around the kitchen before and after.

Comment

On the USGS site, you can do a custom search to search for earthquakes with magnitudes less than 2.5.

Here is the link to the 8 earthquakes USGS reported.

Latest Earthquakes (usgs.gov)
                    Last edited by 1979Shocker; December 19, 2020, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Same here. I didn't feel squat in the Goddard area.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Same here. I didn't feel squat in the Goddard area.
                        I love how you quote the non-condescending part lol

Comment

• It cracks (no pun intended) me up when the USGS says that the earthquakes are so many miles away from Eastborough. They can’t say “east Wichita”, or so many miles west of Andover. Eastborough? I wonder how many people outside southcentral Kansas have to Google “Eastborough Kansas”? Eastborough Kansas, the earthquake capital of the nation.

Comment

Dang. How can I not be feeling these?
                            Because you have no feelings!!!

Comment

• Anyone else feel another quake shake at 2:20 am this morning?

Per KGS. 2.8 magnitude. Again out in the Pine Meadows area just south of the Warren Theaters.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Because you have no feelings!!!
                                I'll offer rebuttal for KungWu

Comment

Working...
                                X