No announcement yet.

Another Earthquake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been out and about today. Stopped by my parents near the Benton airport. Falt the 4th one here. Parents have felt them all. Daughter at Harry and Greenwich has felt all four
    Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
      Another at 12:54.....WTF!!!
      Felt the last one at 29th and Ridge.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        11:45 am Saturday. Maybe the biggest on yet. Certainly the biggest shake we have experienced in the 29th and Woodlawn area

No doubt about it, that one was LARGE. 4?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
          Been out and about today. Stopped by my parents near the Benton airport. Falt the 4th one here. Parents have felt them all. Daughter at Harry and Greenwich has felt all four
          I felt all four as well, and they got progressively worse. What in the actual f***!?!?

78-65

Comment

• USGS only has 3 listed right now, 2.6, 3.5, and 3.4 in that order.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              USGS only has 3 listed right now, 2.6, 3.5, and 3.4 in that order.
              The 3.5 and 3.4 were quite impressive. It funny how they were different. The 3.5 seemed to be a longer, rattling type. The 3.4 was more short, with a quick shock type pulse.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

The 3.5 and 3.4 were quite impressive. It funny how they were different. The 3.5 seemed to be a longer, rattling type. The 3.4 was more short, with a quick shock type pulse.
                The 3.4 one was 6 km deep. The 3.5 one was only 2 km deep. That definitely plays a factor.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

The 3.4 one was 6 km deep. The 3.5 one was only 2 km deep. That definitely plays a factor.
                  I swear we've heard/felt 5 so far today.

Comment

• Here's 4 over 2.5: https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthqua...5063,-97.12927

Comment

• Just updated to 5: https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthqua...5063,-97.12927

Comment

• USGS (https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/) vs KGS (http://maps.kgs.ku.edu/earthquake_mi...tml?type=quake) is interesting and quite a discrepancy in the centers on some of them:

11:42:
                        USGS - 2.6 - North of Central and Rock
                        KGS - 3 - East of 13th and Webb in The Waterfront area

12:40:
                        USGS - 2.7 - directly east of the 11:42 one near Central and Webb
                        KGS - 2.9 - near 13th and Greenwich at the north edge of Beech runway

12:47:
                        USGS - 3.5 - NE of 13th and Webb
                        KGS - 3.7 - SE of 13th and Greenwich

12:52:
                        USGS - 3.4 - NW of 21st and Greenwich
                        KGS - nothing recorded

1:18:
                        USGS - 2.5 - NE of 13th and Rock
                        KGS - 2.7 - SW of 13th and 96 by the Warren theater parking lot
                        Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; December 19, 2020, 01:58 PM.
                        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Dang. How can I not be feeling these?
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Dang. How can I not be feeling these?
                            The 3rd one today, we heard and shook the house for a couple of seconds. We live near the Sedgwick/Butler Co line.

Comment

• One of them just in front of The Alledy at 13th and Greenwich according to the KGS.

http://maps.kgs.ku.edu/earthquake_mi...&id=1001466250
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 19, 2020, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• When you look at the USGS map, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th ones line up in a NE path. The 2nd one was at Central and Webb, 3rd one about a mile NE, and 4th one about another mile NE of the 3rd one. The 1st and 5th line up in a NE path as well with the 1st starting at Central and Rock and the 5th about a mile NE. If there's a 6th one that happens NW of 21st and Webb, then I'm going to buy some PowerBall tickets for tonight :)
                                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X