No announcement yet.

Another Earthquake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to the KGS map, the 11:42 one happened in the NE corner of the Red Robin at 13th and Webb. I wonder if that's where the bathrooms are located :)
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• I'm in Benton and thr 3.4 felt worse than the 3.5. Both were obvious but the 3.4 seemed to shake things here, me included, more than the other. Strange to feel three in the matter of 15 minutes or so. My puppy wasn't sure what was going on. It was quite adorable
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        One of them just in front of The Alledy at 13th and Ridge according to the KGS.

http://maps.kgs.ku.edu/earthquake_mi...&id=1001466250
        The Alley at 13th and Ridge?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
          According to the KGS map, the 11:42 one happened in the NE corner of the Red Robin at 13th and Webb. I wonder if that's where the bathrooms are located :)
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I felt the first one (shook my house) and felt one of the other ones, but not the other three. I think I was in my car during those.

Comment

• Scientist says Wichita’s Saturday quakes may have included most powerful since 1948

If you can't get past the paywall, you might try InPrivate or Incognito.

Comment

• I went to the KGS web site to see if they had the one from 12:52 but nothing yet for that one. But they did have a 2.3 one at 3:12 pm on the map on 29th between Greenwich and 127th, or basically a 1/2 mile east of Stryker sports complex. USGS didn't show that one because it was under 2.5.
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                  I went to the KGS web site to see if they had the one from 12:52 but nothing yet for that one. But they did have a 2.3 one at 3:12 pm on the map on 29th between Greenwich and 127th, or basically a 1/2 mile east of Stryker sports complex. USGS didn't show that one because it was under 2.5.
                  USGS reported one at the same time (2.1 magnitude).

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The Alley at 13th and Ridge?
                    Brain cramp. My bad.

Comment

• Another big one it seemed

Comment

• Another pretty big one. 127th and 13th. About 8:40.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                          Another pretty big one. 127th and 13th. About 8:40.
                          M 2.9 - 2 km NE of Eastborough, Kansas

Comment

• That one felt stronger....closer to the 3.7 IMO. But i live at ground zero at 13th and Greenwich.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                              Another big one it seemed
                              Yep, although that want did not seem quite as big as a couple of the earlier ones today from my location.

Comment

• I think that makes 6 quakes today. Looks like there was a bit of stray at 29th Street N just east of the Stryker Soccer Complex on Greenwich. That was a 2.3 and I did not feel that one.

The map doesn't yet show the latest quake.

You need to change the date to 12-19-20 to zoom in. Right click on the location dots for info about that quake.

Comment

Working...
                                X