No announcement yet.

Soccer: General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like Downtown Shocker Brown I too have a bad outlook on this round.

That being said, they can clinch Thursday.... A win at Azteca, combined with a (admittedly unlikely) Panamain loss to Honduras & a Canadian win or tie with Costa Rica would put the US 7 points clear of both Panama and Costa Rica with only 6 points available to them. 3rd would be guaranteed. Dare to dream.

Comment

• I have reason for optimism, and it's this: only winning the Panama game and dropping the other two still guarantees we are not out. It would, at minimum, put us 4 points clear of Panama with one game to play, and Costa Rica would have to win all three games to pass us. Even then, we would be in the inter-continental playoff.

concacaf.jfif

If we win the Panama game and get any points from the other two matches, we are in for sure.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
        I have reason for optimism, and it's this: only winning the Panama game and dropping the other two still guarantees we are not out. It would, at minimum, put us 4 points clear of Panama with one game to play, and Costa Rica would have to win all three games to pass us. Even then, we would be in the inter-continental playoff.

concacaf.jfif

If we win the Panama game and get any points from the other two matches, we are in for sure.
        All we had to do last time was not lose to T&T….

Comment

• Y'all worry too much.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Y'all worry too much.
            We have the talent. We don’t have the right leader. Just wait. He will show you this weekend.

Comment

• We got this!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Y'all worry too much.
                U.S. men's national team coach Gregg Berhalter said his staff have discussed playing a weakened team against Mexico at the Estadio Azteca.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                  So does that have a bearing on the other two games? I'm not even saying I necessarily agree with putting a B team on the field, but I understand the argument's merits, and it's not some cockamamie idea given our home record and our record at the Azteca. The goal is to qualify and Berhalter's job is to get us to the World Cup. Whether we qualify first or third, no one will remember. The Panama game has far more bearing on our ability to qualify than this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

So does that have a bearing on the other two games? I'm not even saying I necessarily agree with putting a B team on the field, but I understand the argument's merits, and it's not some cockamamie idea given our home record and our record at the Azteca. The goal is to qualify and Berhalter's job is to get us to the World Cup. Whether we qualify first or third, no one will remember. The Panama game has far more bearing on our ability to qualify than this one.
                    A point in Azteca is a point. How are you building a teams confidence when you’re discussing (publicly at that) that they can’t win at Azteca, so we are going to play B team. Which players on the roster are “A” players and which are “B”?

This has nothing to do with the idea that maybe you don’t start a Reyna returning from injury in Mexico City, but the flawed mindset of GB in trying to build a program. He always seems to have the loser mentality.

We have won 3 straight over Mexico. We should go in there and punch them in the mouth and make it four straight. We are the better side, yet we still don’t believe it.

Same thing we should have done in Canada, but instead bitched out.

Comment

• Panama tied today.

Canada got a red card and is playing a guy down and is currently losing 1-0 vs Costa Rica.

Comment

• US ties 0-0

Comment

• Decent result, but the sneaky bad part about today was Costa Rica winning against Canada. Canada was a man short for a large portion of the game due to this:

Comment

• Wow. Dont read the soccer thread much, but if that warranted a red card, I don't know how people can watch it. I wish I spoke Spanish, I would love to hear the commentary.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                              Wow. Dont read the soccer thread much, but if that warranted a red card, I don't know how people can watch it. I wish I spoke Spanish, I would love to hear the commentary.
                              Yeah, but shouldn't do that when you are sitting on a yellow card. That gave him his second yellow for the match.

A lot of embellishment from the Cosata Rica player though.

Comment

• Dumb move by the player. Stupid yellow as well.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X