No announcement yet.

Soccer: General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So a relatively minor incident from over 30 years ago is becoming an issue? I'm not condoning any physical violence, but they've apparently been married for a long time and I'm guessing without incident if this is the red flag issue that is being used to set people off.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      USMNT manager Gregg Berhalter releases statement about violent 1991 incident with wife Rosalind

Apparently someone tried to blackmail Berhalter during the World Cup from this.

I'm just sick of the faux, performative, and predictable outrage that comes from incidents like this.
      Isn't cracking your soul mate on the shin equivalent to caveman clubbing her? It's like chug, chug, "SHUT UP SKANK!" *thwack* Then she retorts, "F*$# YOU, P$&SY!" and kicks you in the balls and tosses her beer bottle at you. And now that you got that out of the way, you have a good laugh a few days later and then get married. Actually I'm not sure where this is going ... sorry.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• You show me a couple together for 32 years that hasn't ever been physical with each other and I'll show you 2 liars.

Comment

• 30+ years ago????? Come on man! Give me a break. And WuDrWu , you are 100% correct. This should be a complete non-story.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            You show me a couple together for 32 years that hasn't ever been physical with each other and I'll show you 2 liars.
            Guess I'm a liar, Doc.

Maybe it's my foggy memory as we're going on our 50th this year, but I honestly don't believe I've ever been physical with my wife, nor her to me. Have we had some loud verbal battles? Oh yes! Have I slammed a door hard enough to knock a picture off the wall? Sure, and more than once. Shoot, there's times we'll have weekly tiffs. However, one or the other always seems to have a way to halt the situation. Mine is just walking away in a huff by going outside or downstairs and staying there awhile.

Not saying I'm any better than anyone else, maybe just lucky at those times, and definitely have my shortcomings, probably worse than many.

Comment

• Nothing like your Mommy coming to your rescue as a 20-year old. SMH.

Danielle Reyna, wife of Claudio and mother of Gio, says she told USSF about USMNT coach Gregg Berhalter's past domestic violence incident.

Danielle Reyna, wife of former United States men's national team captain Claudio and mother of current international Gio, says she told U.S. Soccer sporting director Earnie Stewart about USMNT coach Gregg Berhalter's past domestic violence incident because she was frustrated by comments made about her son following the team's elimination from the 2022 World Cup.

Comment

• Best way to look like a petty *****?
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  Nothing like your Mommy coming to your rescue as a 20-year old. SMH.

Comment

• Yeah, it became clear that it was the Reynas who leaked this to USSF given the fact that they knew Gregg back then. The Reynas didn't do this out of concern for anyone, least of all Rosalind. They threw a hissy fit and tried to blackmail/strongarm the USSF into punishing a coach who didn't give them and their son what they wanted.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Yeah, it became clear that it was the Reynas who leaked this to USSF given the fact that they knew Gregg back then. The Reynas didn't do this out of concern for anyone, least of all Rosalind. They threw a hissy fit and tried to blackmail/strongarm the USSF into punishing a coach who didn't give them and their son what they wanted.
                      Becoming all the more clear why Gio acts the way he does. Entitled baby is what he comes off as.

Comment

• They need to straight boot that poison off the team.

Comment

• Somewhat on the topic: is there a more self-loathing and vitriolic fan base than USMNT fans right now? Looking on Twitter, you would think that Berhalter was responsible for the Holocaust, the Black Plague, and the MLK assassination.

Having that kind of anger for a soccer coach, let alone one who won Nations League and the Gold Cup while being the only CONCACAF team to make it out of the group stage, is a problem.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Somewhat on the topic: is there a more self-loathing and vitriolic fan base than USMNT fans right now? Looking on Twitter, you would think that Berhalter was responsible for the Holocaust, the Black Plague, and the MLK assassination.

Having that kind of anger for a soccer coach, let alone one who won Nations League and the Gold Cup while being the only CONCACAF team to make it out of the group stage, is a problem.
                            Honestly, it really seems like the biggest part of the soccer fan base in this country is the far left extremists types. A lot of #MeToo, Pride, Squad types. Not all, but a lot, especially when compared to fan bases in other sports.

Comment

Somewhat on the topic: is there a more self-loathing and vitriolic fan base than USMNT fans right now? Looking on Twitter, you would think that Berhalter was responsible for the Holocaust, the Black Plague, and the MLK assassination.

Unplug! :)

Comment

Those types always lead the Twitter charge. They're also generally in the minority, but they're loud and obnoxious because they have nothing better going on in their lives.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X