No announcement yet.

Soccer: General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Between the top 5 teams in this Octagonal, Canada-USA-Mexico-CostaRica-Panama, there is only one home loss, Costa Rica on opening night to Mexico on a penalty 1-0.

Fortunately, the US does not have to win tonight (nor have they ever won at Costa Rica).

Now in the 18th minute, there is no score yet in any of the 4 matches.

Comment

• Antuna finds the back of the net for Mexico and it's 1-0 El Tri over El Salvador in the 20th minute.

Honduras leads Jamaica 1-0 in a match that matters not.

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown will hate me, but I think we could force a draw easily if we were intentional about it. I don't think we will sandbag though, so I can see us losing by one or winning by one depending on what type of night we are having.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• It's somewhat bizarre to me that I can find the Mexico match over the air, but watching the American match requires an extended cable pay package. God Bless America.

Both the Americans and CR seem intent on going forward so far. I think this match will continue to be entertaining.

Comment

• Agreed. Did he just say 9 Costa Ricans are sitting on yellow cards? Ouch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Agreed. Did he just say 9 Costa Ricans are sitting on yellow cards? Ouch!
              In the pre-match coverage, at first glance I thought they were going to wear their Sunday yellow jerseys before I realized what they were saying.

The Americans miss a golden opportunity on a cross and it remains scoreless.

Jamaica are level with Honduras in the 39th.

Comment

• Costa Ricas low pressure defense is borrrring. Listen to the crowd whistling while we just hum drum knock it around on the backline.

Comment

• Could have been a yellow there. Acosta's attempt is deflected and it's another corner for the US (7-2 so far on corners).

Comment

• Not a huge fan of Pulisic taking corners. Waste of a super quality foot that should be camping out beyond the 18 waiting for a crappy clearance or deflection.

Comment

• At the half around CONCACAF:

Panama 0 Canada 0

Costa Rica 0 United States 0

Mexico 2 El Salvador 0 (on a Jiminez penalty late in the half)

Jamaica 2 Honduras 1 (Morrison, 2 minutes into extra time)

Comment

• Vacunas.gov

Mil mascaras.

Comment

• Only a 10 out of 10 save off the head of Walker Zimmerman by the Tico goaltender keep the Americans from scoring first right out of halftime.

Comment

• Well despite all the chances by the Americans, it's the Ticos that strike first on a corner. 1-Nil Costa Rica in the 53rd minute.

Comment

• Ugh.

2-Nil Ticos. US substitute now, not to win, but to keep this from getting out of hand.

Very disappointing effort tonight so far. 62nd minute.

Comment

• CRC are booked and the US have yet another dangerous set piece to pull one back.

Panama has scored and leads Canada.

Canada has already qualified and Mexico would have to score 7 more to overtake them, which would still be meaningless.

Comment

Working...
                                X