No announcement yet.

Humor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't know where to put this, and it's not humor that Dougie McDermott suffered a possible concussion. But immediately, I thought, "at least we KNOW that he didn't hit his head on the rim."

Went to check out his stats and the video showed Dougie dunking....almost! http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/...doug-mcdermott
    Last edited by im4wsu; November 2, 2016, 01:18 PM.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

"Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now."

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn... the clean, cool chill of the holiday air... an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer..."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

IMG_2044.JPG

Comment

British Car Jacking Attempt

Comment

From the cockpit of Trump Flight 1600...

Comment

Shockernet in Prose
              by Kung Wu

A haiku poet
              That can't count five syllables
              Is a douchebag
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Shockernet in Prose
                by Kung Wu

A haiku poet
                Is a douchebag
                Poetic AND thought provoking AND informative. This is a masterpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                  Poetic AND thought provoking AND informative. This is a masterpiece.
                  You get me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Shockernet in Prose
                    by Kung Wu

A haiku poet
                    Is a douchebag
                    You had me at submit.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                      You had me at submit.
                      Lol!

Comment

• I think that "Barney Miller" is the funniest sitcom ever. Still watch it sometimes, on channel 7,462. The other night the guys arrested a handicapped guy in a wheelchair for shoplifting. Sgt Nick Yemana (played by Jack Soo) pushes the suspect into the squad room, and the handicapped guy yells at Nick (who is Oriental), "Hey! Slow it down, this ain't no rickshaw."
                        I thought it was funny. Later on, the guy in the chair was complaining about the lack of facilities for those confined to a wheelchair; bathrooms, stairs, curbs, etc. Then he asks Nick, "What would you do if it was you?"
                        Nick replies, arching an eyebrow, "I wouldn't stand for it."
                        Classic stuff, fall-over-funny; but we can't write that material anymore because people suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          I think that "Barney Miller" is the funniest sitcom ever. Still watch it sometimes, on channel 7,462. The other night the guys arrested a handicapped guy in a wheelchair for shoplifting. Sgt Nick Yemana (played by Jack Soo) pushes the suspect into the squad room, and the handicapped guy yells at Nick (who is Oriental), "Hey! Slow it down, this ain't no rickshaw."
                          I thought it was funny. Later on, the guy in the chair was complaining about the lack of facilities for those confined to a wheelchair; bathrooms, stairs, curbs, etc. Then he asks Nick, "What would you do if it was you?"
                          Classic stuff, fall-over-funny; but we can't write that material anymore because people suck.
                          Can you imagine the outrage if they aired "All in the Family" at prime time today?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            I think that "Barney Miller" is the funniest sitcom ever. Still watch it sometimes, on channel 7,462. The other night the guys arrested a handicapped guy in a wheelchair for shoplifting. Sgt Nick Yemana (played by Jack Soo) pushes the suspect into the squad room, and the handicapped guy yells at Nick (who is Oriental), "Hey! Slow it down, this ain't no rickshaw."
                            Which comedies that are on TV now have you tried watching?

There are a lot of funny shows that have been on in the last few years. A lot of shows now use similar "politically incorrect" humor. For example, in Silicon Valley, there is a Pakistani guy and he claims that he is the Chief Technology Officer of a company and this other guy says "Oh, I get it. Every time you hear the word 'Chief' you think 'Indian Chief,' but you're the other kind of Indian." I can think of similar jokes in Parks and Rec and The Office, and those were on broadcast.

You can't have a show that only has jokes about race and disabilities, though. That would get old very fast, and the only people watching after a couple of episodes would be bigots excited to see their viewpoint represented on TV. Plus, the jokes get used in different ways, for the most part. The audience no longer sympathizes with the narrow-minded joke-teller, even if the joke is funny. It's not that people are too easily offended. It's that the majority of people just don't agree with those viewpoints and couldn't get behind a character that was narrow-minded.

Some of the best comedies ever on TV have come out in the last decade, though, and it's worth checking a few of them out.

Comment

• Most of them are not funny, or push a subtle political agenda. Didn't like Parks, but watch Modern Family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                                Can you imagine the outrage if they aired "All in the Family" at prime time today?
                                They kind of are, with Last Man Standing.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X