2024 Summer Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Cole gave them the Hock-Tua and spit on them while passing.
    That was SPECTACULAR. T&F is always good, but that was an incredible race. US almost went 1-2 and the Norwegian (I'm not a fan) gets no medal!

Comment

• I'm a sucker for middle and long distance, and it has been FUN watching Team USA perform this Olympics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I did a little research on this and while your answer isn't wrong, it lacks the complexities of the situation.

1. First he's just as much Swedish as American. He's a dual citizen. He was born in America and went to LSU, but he lived in Sweden for a good portion (maybe equal) of his life, and his mother's family still lives there. His grand parents speak Swedish and not English.
        2. He has competed for Sweden for much of his life. His brother competed for Sweden (it didn't say this but it appears that his brother wasn't good enough to compete for America).
        3. His girl friend is from Sweden.
        4. While his father could have coached him for the U.S. Olympic team, his father wasn't offered the job here and in Sweden, he was (a former youth track coach put in the work to recruit his father, brother, and Mondo too.
        5. It appears that he considered competing for America, but was recruited very hard by a former youth coach in Sweden. The same coach who recruited his father to coach for the Sweden National Team.
        6. My guess is that Mondo (and his father) isn't really patriotic for America anymore than Sweden. The chances are that he will live his life in Sweden as much as in America.
        I'm not sure you understand the insight DTSB has on the situation.

He has not lived in Sweden anywhere near an equal amount of time.

I'm pretty sure we'd all date a Swedish Model if we could, regardless of what country we're representing.

It was absolutely a highlight of T&F.

Comment

Cole gave them the Hock-Tua and spit on them while passing.
          You might enjoy the depth of this article which apparently was written before the race (and is damn spot on).

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I'm not sure you understand the insight DTSB has on the situation.

He has not lived in Sweden anywhere near an equal amount of time.

I'm pretty sure we'd all date a Swedish Model if we could, regardless of what country we're representing.

It was absolutely a highlight of T&F.

I think you lack the research insight. There was a lot more than how long he lived in Switzerland, and his girlfriend. He and his family just arent very patriotic. His brother competed for Switzerland. His grand patents are Swiss. His father could have coached him.

Comment

I did a little research on this and while your answer isn't wrong, it lacks the complexities of the situation.

1. First he's just as much Swedish as American. He's a dual citizen. He was born in America and went to LSU, but he lived in Sweden for a good portion (maybe equal) of his life, and his mother's family still lives there. His grand parents speak Swedish and not English.
              2. He has competed for Sweden for much of his life. His brother competed for Sweden (it didn't say this but it appears that his brother wasn't good enough to compete for America).
              3. His girl friend is from Sweden.
              4. While his father could have coached him for the U.S. Olympic team, his father wasn't offered the job here and in Sweden, he was (a former youth track coach put in the work to recruit his father, brother, and Mondo too.
              5. It appears that he considered competing for America, but was recruited very hard by a former youth coach in Sweden. The same coach who recruited his father to coach for the Sweden National Team.
              6. My guess is that Mondo (and his father) isn't really patriotic for America anymore than Sweden. The chances are that he will live his life in Sweden as much as in America.
              Sorry, I should have used Google before answering.

Comment

I think you lack the research insight. There was a lot more than how long he lived in Switzerland, and his girlfriend. He and his family just arent very patriotic. His brother competed for Switzerland. His grand patents are Swiss. His father could have coached him.
                Swedenland!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Maybe you know Swedish models or your wife may be one, but I know no Swedish women or models. He must have a lot of access and influence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Sorry, I should have used Google before answering.
                    Actually I went to an LSU web sight where many were giving him a difficult time.

Comment

Actually I went to an LSU web sight where many were giving him a difficult time.
                      You went to TD for information. That’s awesome. lol.

Comment

• Men's singles badminton match is awesome!

6'4" Dane can move!

Comment

• I knew a guy named Swede but he was actually Norwegian

Comment

I knew a guy named Swede but he was actually Norwegian
                            If The Swede gives you any trouble, Gunny will handle it.

Comment

• If bed diving was an Olympic sport, I'd be in the mix.

Comment

That was SPECTACULAR. T&F is always good, but that was an incredible race. US almost went 1-2 and the Norwegian (I'm not a fan) gets no medal!
                                Holy crap, what a finish by Cole! Amazing race.

Comment

Working...
                                X