No announcement yet.

2024 Summer Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was the worst opening ceremony of all time. It didn’t even look like an opening ceremony. I’m not sure what I was watching.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      That was the worst opening ceremony of all time. It didn’t even look like an opening ceremony. I’m not sure what I was watching.
      Celine Dion was awesome. Most of the rest of it was weird. Not good weird either.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Women's beach vb > men's beach vb. In men's the spike power is just too much and there is no cat and mouse action. In women's the volleying back and forth is amazing. One of the few sports where women's is way more entertaining.

Comment

Several of y'all probably watched USA's Taryn Kloth who was a standout for Creighton.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Women's beach vb > men's beach vb. In men's the spike power is just too much and there is no cat and mouse action. In women's the volleying back and forth is amazing. One of the few sports where women's is way more entertaining.
            Generally, think this also holds true for traditional indoor volleyball. You will see more long rallies with the women.

Comment

As a lifelong baseball fan, I think softball is a more enjoyable watch.

Comment

USA's women's synchronized diving team is two girls that have known each other since they were 8. Kassidy Cook and Sarah Bacon.

Most epic tandem name ever. Cook/Bacon

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Generally, think this also holds true for traditional indoor volleyball. You will see more long rallies with the women.
                  Interesting, I've watched WSU a little but not really ever paid much attention to men's.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    USA's women's synchronized diving team is two girls that have known each other since they were 8. Kassidy Cook and Sarah Bacon.

Most epic tandem name ever. Cook/Bacon
                    They were great winning silver! The Chinese duo was scored (occasionally) on reputation but they were probably still the best. Felt bad for the Aussie team that fell apart on their last dive. They were only a point or so behind the Americans for silver. Cook and Bacon left a tiny door open to lose the silver, but one of the Aussie divers damned near missed the board, shot way off to the side, and their score not only took them out of silver contention, they lost out on a medal all together, falling down to 5th. The GB team, who finished 3rd, were elated, understandably so.

NBC has absolutely lost their minds. Who in the actual **** gives a rat's ass what Snoop Dog has to say about swimming relays? I actually feel bad for Mike Tirico who is fantastic at his job and has been for decades it seems. He's great. I'm just waiting for Dylan Mulroney to weigh in after the snatch and clean and jerk weightlifting competitions.

They started this nightmare when they put Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir out there to cover horse racing. Is fashion a part of the Kentucky Derby? Sure. Do you need the gayest of all gay gayness gays (that by the way couldn't differentiate between a race horse and a airplane) to be a main figure at basically every big racing day for several years? NBC did.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

They were great winning silver! The Chinese duo was scored (occasionally) on reputation but they were probably still the best. Felt bad for the Aussie team that fell apart on their last dive. They were only a point or so behind the Americans for silver. Cook and Bacon left a tiny door open to lose the silver, but one of the Aussie divers damned near missed the board, shot way off to the side, and their score not only took them out of silver contention, they lost out on a medal all together, falling down to 5th. The GB team, who finished 3rd, were elated, understandably so.
                      Yeah even though that mistake by the Aussies locked Cook Bacon into second, you felt bad for the Aussies. Same with the American gymnast, Malone, that missed the high bar baaaarely.

And yes, NBC should be ashamed of themselves for parading someone on the spectrum like Snoop Dog.

Comment

Serbia vs USA men's basketball looks to be a good game.

Comment

Serbian dude just shoulder-dozed Durant off the court ... video review ... common foul. Common foul my ass!

Comment

Don't matter. Durant is on !

Comment

FVV > Curry in this format. Curry is a sniper but Serbia is very physical and FVV exploits that better.

Comment

OMG. Durant could take Serbia 1 vs 5. Bet!

Comment

Working...
                                X