2024 Summer Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 Summer Olympics

I'll admit it, I'm an Olympics junky! Anybody else?

Here's a link to schedules and results:

26 July official daily competition schedule and live results for Paris 2024. Find out which athletes are taking home medals for which countries.

Some favorite events:

10M Air Rifle
    10M Air Pistol
    Marathon
    Men's power swimming distances
    I usually catch parts of the Decathlon
    Wife makes me watch gymnastics, but I actually enjoy them if the U.S. is doing well
    Probably catch some basketball until the US falls out
    Probably watch some beach volleyball until the US falls out
    Probably watch some skateboarding

If I have a rooting interest ...
    Men's boxing
    Judo is kinda fun
    Greco Roman wrestling is kinda fun
    Diving can be cool if the US is doing well
    Maybe some soccer if there is a particularly interesting story line
    Rugby
    Windsurfing if I can find it on
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Celine Dion ... WOW!!!!

Comment

What if ... FVV to Olympics 2028?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        What if ... FVV to Olympics 2028?
        His best shot were the weaker 19 FIBA/21 Olympics (he was a finalist I believe)/23 FIBA teams imo… the next generation will have well passed him on by then.
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

The rain certainly didn't help, but I don't know what the hell was going on with the drag queen last supper, or whatever the hell that was but then I didn't realize the Olympic Motto had been modified to read Citius, Altius, Fortius, Cerritulus.

I do enjoy pursuit cycling (all track cycling really), archery, rowing events (with and without coxswain) and fencing as mostly Olympic only events in addition to the usual superstar events like swimming and track and field.

U S A! U S A!

Comment

The first muck up of the 2024 Olympics comes in road racing (cycling) where the women's time trial is being contested this morning. Zero thought put into the course design where in several sharp turns the riders must transition from asphalt to cobblestone and the rain has made those turns basically impossible to navigate. Many, many ladies have crashed, some more than once. It's taken out both American riders (certainly cost the favorite any chance at a gold medal) and several other medal contenders as well. One wonders if the course designer was a DEI hire because they had no idea what they were doing. Once every 4 years.....sad.

Comment

WTF?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Unless someone can show that actual tweet on X, I don't think it's real. It's not on her timeline.

Comment

USA men's soccer beating the snot out of New Zealand 4-0 and its not over yet. Wow

Comment

Screw politics during the Olympics. Screw ALL politicians and politically motivated messages put out by anyone. I just wanna watch some high level sports!

Comment

Men's beach volleyball is cool, because any sport where you can wear a baseball cap backwards is my kinda sport. Women's beach volleyball is awesome for a completely different reason.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I do enjoy pursuit cycling (all track cycling really) ...

U S A! U S A!
                        Oh yeah, big fan of cycling too!

Comment

SWE vs AUS men's beach volleyball is awesome!

Comment

Men's beachvb, Cuba's 6'9" Alayo is unstoppable. Not sure if he's just playing out of his mind, but nobody can stop him if this is his normal. Sheesh.

Comment

Men's Sabre Gold Medal match got interesting after Oh from Korea had a 14-5 lead (play to 15) and watched it dwindle to 14-11, with several reviews, before finally closing out Ferjani from Tunisia. Excellent match!

Comment

Working...
                              X