Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
    JV, your wife know her pictures are all over Shockernet? Almost thought I saw you guys last week until I noticed the lady’s hair was too short.
    Yeah. We work together so she sees pretty much everything I see or post. So I can post a pic of my future girlfriend for my wife to see....

and the wife sees it. But she's not registered so she doesn't have a user id to post a reply.

But if she could speak to it she'd probably say....one of two things

or

or quite possibly BOTH.

Shorter ride tonight. Legs needed a bit of a break. Got out to stretch them a bit. 30 minutes fast and 15 minutes recovery. 12.8 miles.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

I'm guessing... No. I keep my face off the internet and if I posted my wife and she found out.... Well that would be bad.
      I don't know if there are too many pictures of me on the internet or if there are any. 20+ years ago I saw a picture on the internet of my wife and I after our son was born (taken in the hospital). Don't know if its still out there. In my spare time (also many years ago) I was a cartoonist for a Simpsons fan site (nohomers.com) and I did my profile up in Simpsons style which was kind of fun so that may actually still be out there. I've met a few shockernet people in person (Royal, AZ, Shockband, Lee, Boilershock.) who know who we are. I am guessing there are others. Turns out AZ and I went to the same high school, though graduated different years. I don't do any social media. I don't even have a cell. I borrow the wife's. She tries to get me to take it on late night rides, but I've been bicycling for 30+ years without a phone. Whenever I borrow her phone I usually end up "breaking it". By breaking it, I like to change the background picture on her phone to something lilke this....

Comment

• 21.69 miles 1 hr 35 min. tonight. Not too many people out and about. Watched 2 people trying to put a small grass fire out with their feet in the grassy median between opposing traffic on K96 (near Central).

Comment

• Beautiful Saturday morning for bicycling. Low 70s. Slight wind. Went out west exploring and ended up taking the Prairie Sunset Trail to Garden Plain (23.5 miles total). Now that we've explored both east and west corridor paths, I'm not sure which path I prefer, though I'm leaning towards east side. Hope everyone is well.

Comment

• Wife andI are doing 50 miles on the Wabash tomorrow.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• 51.5. With the wife. Great ride! She kept up. Sometimes, but it was such a great day to ride, I didn't care if I had to pump the brakes a bit. Hamstring still tightens up after a ride and today was no different. I made a point to take more photos, Ireally need a small standalone camera, as using my phone is a pain.
              Screenshot_20200920-152604_MapMyRide.jpg20200920_103311.jpg20200920_095200.jpg
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• 20200920_103321.jpg20200920_103251.jpg20200920_114924.jpg

Comment

• 20200920_115026.jpg20200920_114957.jpg20200920_095200.jpg

Comment

• 20200920_122230.jpg20200920_122247.jpg20200920_115021.jpg

Comment

• 20200920_122701.jpg20200920_122310.jpg20200920_122608.jpg

Comment

• 20200920_134419.jpg20200920_134307.jpg20200920_103328.jpg

Comment

• A coue of things about the photos. All of the towns on the Wabash go out of their way for bicyclists. Tons of bike art and stuff along the ride. The restaurants and other small businesses thrive off of bicyclists, so everyone along the route is very bike friendly. I took a picture of a bicycle repair station. These are a very nice touch, as they have just about any tool you could need for an emergency repair, plus they have air. These are every few miles along the route. I shot a picture of rotting boxcars in the Nishnabotna River. Apparently, back in the day, if a train derailed, they just pushed the cars out of the way, cleared the track and moved on.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                            51.5. With the wife. Great ride! She kept up. Sometimes, but it was such a great day to ride, I didn't care if I had to pump the brakes a bit. Hamstring still tightens up after a ride and today was no different. I made a point to take more photos, Ireally need a small standalone camera, as using my phone is a pain.
                            Screenshot_20200920-152604_MapMyRide.jpg20200920_103311.jpg20200920_095200.jpg
                            Love the pic with the flag.

Comment

• Judging from the last pic, it was sunny, but the boneheads in California have ruined some of these evenings for everyone in the midwest. The light is super flat light.

Comment

• Late evening ride here. Only about 14.8 miles. But the sky was much improved over yesterday. Could actually see the sun, moon and stars tonight. Light winds. Railroad corridor path to Bradley Fair, and that's usually fun because there will often be lots of people out dining and often live music. Then up through WIlson Estates (beautiful neighborhood) to Lakepoint and back home along Armour pathway and Eastborough park/pond.

Comment

Working...
                                X