Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Pretty sure the "Fishnet" and "Lace" ones won't pass mustard, but one might get by with the "Chiffon".

May get interesting how people approach masking and how the university approaches it. 90% or more of masks are totally useless anyway, particularly in close quarters.

As another poster mentioned here, I, too, bought in this year in good faith.
    These masks are commonly warn in gyms and have been used by high school students forced to mask during practices and games.

The cotton weave appears to be an actual mask while not offering any of the proposed filtering.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• So to sum it up:
      1. United States bans gain-of-function research.
      2. Rogue American bureaucrats fund it abroad instead.
      3. Lab leak occurs. Global pandemic ensues.
      4. Scientific leaders lie about it and label dissenters as racists.

Comment

• Guess what? Mandates work!

Huge surprise.

Workplaces with vaccine mandates are seeing vaccination rates of 90% or higher. A complex mix of factors, including job security, is driving most workers to get the shots.

The company says 99.5% of United employees have been vaccinated, not counting the roughly 2,000 who have applied for religious or medical exemptions. Elsewhere, other employers also report success with mandates. Tyson Foods, New York City schools, major hospital systems in Maine and the NBA are among those with vaccination rates topping 90%.
        Even the clown Andrew Wiggins got the shot after being denied a religious waver (lol) and being told he won't play in the NBA again until he complies.

Keep the pressure up Uncle Joe. You're doing the right thing for those that simply don't know better... and for those of us who do.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          Guess what? Mandates work!

Huge surprise.

Workplaces with vaccine mandates are seeing vaccination rates of 90% or higher. A complex mix of factors, including job security, is driving most workers to get the shots.

Even the clown Andrew Wiggins got the shot after being denied a religious waver (lol) and being told he won't play in the NBA again until he complies.

Keep the pressure up Uncle Joe. You're doing the right thing for those that simply don't know better... and for those of us who do.
          Mandates work at doing what? Southwest is still operating fairly well.

I knew it wouldn’t take you long to come back to your life obsession.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Mandates work at doing what? Southwest is still operating fairly well.

I knew it wouldn’t take you long to come back to your life obsession.
            The sheep respond to mandates. They need someone telling them what to do. That's why they're sheep.

Mandates = more vaccinations.

That's a good thing.

Comment

The sheep respond to mandates. They need someone telling them what to do. That's why they're sheep.

That's a good thing.
              Do vaccines stop transmission?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Do vaccines stop transmission?
                Yes.

They stop transmission, they stop substantive infection, and they stop hospitalization.

They're not perfect though. They're just the best thing we have... and it's not even close.
                Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; October 25, 2021, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Yes.

They stop transmission, they stop substantive infection, and they stop hospitalization.

They're not perfect though. They're just the best thing we have... and it's not even close.
                  I’ll repeat just to make sure I saw correctly. Vaccines stop transmission of Covid? I didn’t say reduce. I didn’t say help. I made a fairly general statement. I think you’re not being honest with your answer in a way to stop the point I was going to destroy you with.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I’ll repeat just to make sure I saw correctly. Vaccines stop transmission of Covid? I didn’t say reduce. I didn’t say help. I made a fairly general statement. I think you’re not being honest with your answer in a way to stop the point I was going to destroy you with.
                    I've never been destroyed (or even scratched) in over 20 years of doing this work. It ain't gonna happen now, especially by a small fry such as yourself.

I repeat: the vaccines STOP substantive infection, transmission, hospitalization, and death. They are stopping it each and every day (including right now).

They aren't perfect, but they are the best thing we have and it ain't even close.

Just imagine where we'd be without them. Hundreds of thousands more dead in this country. And that's just the start.

Comment

• In other news: infections are once again surging in the UK (a reliable pandemic harbinger for the U.S.). Reinfections (symptomatic) in healthcare workers is also surging (natural infection + inoculation). Data is coming in pointing to "natural immunity" waning at 16 months. Boosted vaccinations are showing 96% efficacy. It looks like the way out of this pandemic will be an arms race between vaccines and mutations. You know I'll gets mines.

Dr. Fauci stated from the very start that coronavirus immunity was not historically robust. Maybe his 50 years of professional medical experience actually accounts for something...

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        So to sum it up:
                        1. United States bans gain-of-function research.
                        2. Rogue American bureaucrats fund it abroad instead.
                        3. Lab leak occurs. Global pandemic ensues.
                        4. Scientific leaders lie about it and label dissenters as racists.

I figured you plagiarized this since it was well-written and organized, unlike your usual word stew.

It took a while, but I found the source, or at least an earlier iteration of the text. If you're going to copy and paste somebody else's words, at least have the decency to give them credit.

I know this is a basketball message board and not a doctoral dissertation, but...c'mon man!

Comment

• Good ol Joe just following the science...

President Biden coughed into his hand following a Monday speech in New Jersey and proceeded to use it to shake hands with members of the public while not wearing a mask.

President Biden coughed into his hand following a Monday speech in New Jersey and proceeded to use it to shake hands with members of the public, all while not wearing a mask.

The incident comes less than a week after Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas tested positive for COVID-19 just days following an event with the president.

Comment

That's a good thing.
                            You like being the Bond villain don’t you?
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by swellafelon View Post

I figured you plagiarized this since it was well-written and organized, unlike your usual word stew.

It took a while, but I found the source, or at least an earlier iteration of the text. If you're going to copy and paste somebody else's words, at least have the decency to give them credit.

I know this is a basketball message board and not a doctoral dissertation, but...c'mon man!

From a they/them without an original thought. It’s sad when NPCs get triggered.
                              Last edited by wufan; October 25, 2021, 05:51 PM.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Just trying to raise the level of discourse on Shockernet by exposing plagiarism, double standards and fake images.

I honestly don't know why any of this bothers me, but it does. The truth is I'm more or less apolitical, but it pisses me off when either side doesn't play fair.

And I absolutely get that I've embarked on a fool's errand with no chance of success. But I'll keep plugging away until Kung Wu bans me again.

Or maybe not. There are probably better ways to spend my time.

Comment

Working...
                                X