Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

"Bob Enyart was one of the smartest, and without question the wisest person I’ve known."

Obviously!!!

Natural Selection is exceedingly efficient.

Original as ever.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• So Science has come out and said

“Current evidence does not, therefore, appear to show a need for boosting in the general population, in which efficacy against severe disease remains high,” the article states. “Even if humoral immunity appears to wane, reductions in neutralizing antibody titre do not necessarily predict reductions in vaccine efficacy over time, and reductions in vaccine efficacy against mild disease do not necessarily predict reductions in the (typically higher) efficacy against severe disease.”
      The science says that there may only be a little increase in immunity (if any) and you are doing a much greater good by pushing the vaccines to people in the world who have not been vaccinated.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        So Science has come out and said

The science says that there may only be a little increase in immunity (if any) and you are doing a much greater good by pushing the vaccines to people in the world who have not been vaccinated.
        There's definitely a robust immune response to a booster shot. But the marginal benefits of a booster to you, compared to an initial vaccination for a 3rd world citizen is incomparable w/ respect to ultimate outcome. Thankfully I was able to make my own determination on that issue. I chose me. You can too, before your shot gets tossed in the garbage.

Listen to my words carefully, the booster shots can have a significant impact on symptoms and whether or not you even get infected. Don't hesitate.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Listen to my words carefully, the booster shots can have a significant impact on symptoms and whether or not you even get infected. Don't hesitate.
          Data says the only people booster shots are effective for is those with "immune weakened" system. But we already know that you really don't trust science after all.

So how many people have you doomed to get covid because you took needlessly and in an unethical manner the booster shot?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

*sigh* Let's try to be clear about a few things.

1) Nobody wants anyone to die.
            2) People will die.
            3) We know who this thing affects the worst. Those people are vaxxed at almost 93%. I think most of us would like it to be more, but it's their choice.
            4) The Vax is likely to help you a lot if you get it, especially if you're in a group of people that is 65+, overweight, diabetic or immunocompromised.
            5) Our rich society has a lot of the above.
            6) That's NOT the fault of healthy people and young people (for the record, I'm in a lot of those problem groups)
            7) For the most part, kids aren't getting sick. Your comment "we're starting to see more kids with bad outcomes" is a half truth at best. I know several people that have actually died from Covid. Almost every one of those people had additional problems but certainly several had no reason to think death was close. I don't think I know I single child or young person (under 25) that's even been to the hospital. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I'm saying it's highly irregular and when it happens, it's likely tied to something else as well. I remember seeing a report on a 17 year old on a vent....I don't know the outcome. He was at least 450 pounds and severely autistic (something that surprisingly didn't make the headlines). I know a lot of people at WSU, where they've been testing athletes often for more than a year. A very few number had cold like related symptoms. I don't know anyone that's been hospitalized. I imagine every one of them has been hungover worse than Covid sickness in the last 18 months.
            8) Nobody wants a single child sick or dead.
            9) A few children will get sick and die. It's tragic, every single time.
            10) Everyone is a potential carrier. It's proven that being vaxxed at this point is not keeping people from getting it and transmitting it. Kids don't generally have at risk parents. The vast amount of kids have under 50 parents. Not all. But most. That children are going to be superspreaders among those vulnerable is just lacking in common sense.
            11) Natural immunity is superior to the vaccine. It's not debatable. Regardless, TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR and do what's best for you, and for the vast majority, that's going to be getting the shot.
            12) Almost 76% of adults have had a shot. An unknown amount of adults in addition have natural immunity. How many? We don't know. But with almost 41,000,000 cases...let's say 20% of those haven't been vaxxed, so another 8 million meaning close to 79% of adults are carrying some amount of immunity. How long will that last? I'm going to say nobody knows. It will vary.
            13) If you've had it, the chances of you needing the vax are almost nil. Get tested and TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR.
            14) This should be a lesson to us all to be more healthy. Don't smoke cigarettes, pipes, cigars or weed. Drink less (alcohol). Eat less. Eat more healthy foods and less processed foods. Get more exercise. Get sleep. Take better care of yourself before it's too late. TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR.
            15) We've learned a ton about how to deal with this, therapeutics and others. Politics continues to impede here. Still, every day we get better. People are still responsible for themselves.
            16) It's not "let r rip". It's informed science.
            17) Stop firing nurses and doctors.
            18) Stop blaming groups of people you don't like.
            19) We aren't going to "stop" this thing. At best we're going to better manage those that get it.
            20) Stop being part of the problem.
            I agree with most of this, but 20 points?

#3) Yep, us old people are vaxxed. The delta variant is getting past some immune systems among us old farts. Continued spread and mutation is likely to produce even more dangerous mutations. The longer the virus has to mutate, the more dangerous it becomes to old people who are vaccinated.

#7) Hospitals are reporting kids in ICU. That was virtually unheard of before the Delta variant. The number is small and the reports are made for alarmist reactions, but the underlying fact is that kids are at more danger now than a year ago.

10) This is only my opinion and it's supported by observation, but vaccinated people are unlikely to pass the infection to other vaccinated people. Right now I'm following the transmission rates of 20-30 vaccinated people who have been exposed to a vaccinated person who tested positive. The vaccinated person who tested positive is undergoing a radical chemotherapy program that has probably destroyed his immune system. Preliminary reports indicate no secondary infections transmitted by the original carrier who tested positive.

14) Absolutely totally agree. Comorbities will kill with future viruses and with flus. It's like carnivores and prey. The weak will always die first.

15) I agree until "People are still responsible for themselves". That should be the goal, but when people refuse to be responsible for themselves and that refusal creates a public health problem, then I don't disagree with mandating responsibility. Right now that seems to be more of racial and socio-economic issue than a political issue.

19) Welcome to the "new normal". We're going to be dealing with this for years. We're going to be dealing with how immunity lasts and other issues until we eliminate this strain.) Natural immunity? I won't argue its effectiveness. Natural immunity has a small, but real risk of death. Natural immunity has a risk of major hospitalization stays and costs. Natural immunity has a risk of a "long haul" infection. Vaccinations do not eliminate all those risks, but the risks are exponentially smaller with vaccination.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

#7) Hospitals are reporting kids in ICU. That was virtually unheard of before the Delta variant. The number is small and the reports are made for alarmist reactions, but the underlying fact is that kids are at more danger now than a year ago.
              Care to post the data for this?
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Jay Bhattacharya @DrJBhattacharya

That obesity is an important only risk factor for poor COVID outcomes was known early in the epidemic. Nevertheless, we adopted lockdowns which caused more obesity. The worse COVID results in turn increased demand for lockdown...

............imagine if SloJoe issued a mandate against fat chicks......

Comment

• That's no joke. I know I gained a fair amount of weight during COVID. Working from home has really diminished the amount of time I spend on my feet and moving about. Probably contributed to poorer food habits as well. I used to take 6-7k steps a day at work, now I take maybe 500 and have to look for ways to go out of my way to get what used to come naturally.

Shutting so much down for so long also didn't help as it made getting out even more difficult. And as someone who has dealt with social anxiety for years, the COVID BS has only made it worse. Thankfully we don't have all of the restrictions we once did, but the damage has been done and I'm trying to push myself back out more. But it's hard when for so long it more or less wasn't allowed.

And I know there are people who are and have been much worse off than myself in this regard. Add in the major impact to depression and other forms of anxiety and there are a lot of negative impacts that make COVID even more dangerous than it would otherwise be.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I talked to one unnamed Dr who said regular hospital admissions (NOT ICU) for CoVid were often done with an abundance of caution in order to avoid liability. He never would say it, but I got the impression that it was a source of frustration for overworked frontline providers.

Comment

• In Israel, the most triple-vaccinated country in the world, daily new #COVID19 cases are at record heights again after a short downward trend (ToI)

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        That's no joke. I know I gained a fair amount of weight during COVID.
                        The COVID 15

Comment

That's no joke. I know I gained a fair amount of weight during COVID. Working from home has really diminished the amount of time I spend on my feet and moving about. Probably contributed to poorer food habits as well. I used to take 6-7k steps a day at work, now I take maybe 500 and have to look for ways to go out of my way to get what used to come naturally.

Shutting so much down for so long also didn't help as it made getting out even more difficult. And as someone who has dealt with social anxiety for years, the COVID BS has only made it worse. Thankfully we don't have all of the restrictions we once did, but the damage has been done and I'm trying to push myself back out more. But it's hard when for so long it more or less wasn't allowed.

And I know there are people who are and have been much worse off than myself in this regard. Add in the major impact to depression and other forms of anxiety and there are a lot of negative impacts that make COVID even more dangerous than it would otherwise be.
                          Try being 50+. There is so much truth in this it's not even funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...39672508620802

In Israel, the most triple-vaccinated country in the world, daily new #COVID19 cases are at record heights again after a short downward trend (ToI)
                            You're talking cases again. We don't talk cases when we talk about Colds. They are just considered a part of life. Some day, that will happen to this virus, and we will come up with truly Scientific methods to understand it, limit it, and treat the more serious cases.

Comment

Working from home has really diminished the amount of time I spend on my feet and moving about.

To illustrate your point on anxiety increases, I was riding my bike in the Park in East Wichita the other day, and I saw a bike rider riding all by himself with a mask on. Now, we know from the Science that outside activities, including exercise by oneself, doesn't require masks, but there he was wearing one. Maybe I mis-read this person, but to me, he appeared as an isolated person who was so afraid of the virus, even though there was no danger posed to him, and he posed no danger to anyone else, he felt he had to use protection.

I guess the wind could have blown the virus his direction from a long way away, but at least he was getting some exercise, no matter how much "hot" Carbon dioxide he was breathing in.

Comment

• When your house is on fire the fire department will come to your home, breaking windows and flooding everything inside. Maybe next time there's a fire don't call them so you don't have to suffer the flood damage.

I wonder how many in this thread are actually intellectually honest enough to admit they are morons?

Comment

Working...
                                X