Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    My question:

If the vaccine is not very effective (as Clod has said) why are 100% of the people in the hospital those who have not been vaccinated?
    Those words were never spoken by me. You may be suffering from brain fog.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

These bros seem pretty rad.

Maybe I’ll start my own 60 person social circle and these three will get the first invites.
      The Assman

Comment

• I appear to be the only poster in this thread doing actual research among actual Wichita residents who have the means to attend WSU basketball games.

Tonight I had 18 people at my house. At 72, I believe I was about the youngest. The oldest was 90. She's alert and active at her age. She and her husband previously owned Twin Lakes Sporting Goods.

Several of my guests were concerned that some in the group may not have been vaccinated, so I'm going to go back to the group and reaffirm vaccination records. The Delta variant is a concern. Joplin being out of ICU beds means that variant is on our doorstep.

This is the reality for people 70+. For people in their 30's through maybe 50's, it's the sniffles. For people 70+, it's a potential death sentence. If you think this is not going to change the demographics at CKA, you're wrong. Getting more my age out of the arena and more young people in may be a good thing,

If you're in the safe zone where getting covid is nothing but the sniffles and you're willing to get covid, then you're willing to pass it to someone who isn't in that safe zone and may die from it. Even with a 95% effective vaccine, if you have the sniffles from covid, someone vaccinated has a 1 in 20 chance of contracting it from you. Vaccinated people in the danger zone due to their age want NOTHING to do with exposure to covid.

Even though all the data points to the unvaccinated being hospitalized and dying and the vaccinated having mostly minor symptoms, the older vaccinated group wants to avoid contact with the unvaccinated.

You may not agree with my findings. That's your right. Go ahead - do your own research and come back and give your findings.

Comment

I'm just amazed at the fact that you have 60 people in your social circle you'd be willing to invite to your home!
          I went through a list of 1,200+ contacts. Of that group somewhere between 200 and 300 would consider themselves to be my friend. More than a few have known me for 50+ years and they have consistently supported me to their friends when they, me, and their friends have similar interests.

I limited my contact list to 60 because I can only host around 20 comfortably. I didn't want to create a situation where I had to refuse to allow people to come to my house who had been invited.

This pic was taken at dusk, so it's kind of dark, but this is the view my guests get from my patio at sundown

1105_back_dusk.jpg

Comment

• We get it man, you’re popular.

I went to lunch with my 94 year old grandmother who is still sharp as a tack and living life to the fullest, COVID wasn’t a concern or topic for a single second.

Other people choose to live life different from you and your circle. It doesn’t mean they haven’t done the research, because they choose to live life in a different way.
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
              I appear to be the only poster in this thread doing actual research among actual Wichita residents who have the means to attend WSU basketball games.

Tonight I had 18 people at my house. At 72, I believe I was about the youngest. The oldest was 90. She's alert and active at her age. She and her husband previously owned Twin Lakes Sporting Goods.

Several of my guests were concerned that some in the group may not have been vaccinated, so I'm going to go back to the group and reaffirm vaccination records. The Delta variant is a concern. Joplin being out of ICU beds means that variant is on our doorstep.

This is the reality for people 70+. For people in their 30's through maybe 50's, it's the sniffles. For people 70+, it's a potential death sentence. If you think this is not going to change the demographics at CKA, you're wrong. Getting more my age out of the arena and more young people in may be a good thing,

If you're in the safe zone where getting covid is nothing but the sniffles and you're willing to get covid, then you're willing to pass it to someone who isn't in that safe zone and may die from it. Even with a 95% effective vaccine, if you have the sniffles from covid, someone vaccinated has a 1 in 20 chance of contracting it from you. Vaccinated people in the danger zone due to their age want NOTHING to do with exposure to covid.

Even though all the data points to the unvaccinated being hospitalized and dying and the vaccinated having mostly minor symptoms, the older vaccinated group wants to avoid contact with the unvaccinated.

You may not agree with my findings. That's your right. Go ahead - do your own research and come back and give your findings.
              Your research is incomplete I'm afraid my fine extroverted friend.

Take note:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/12/healt...day/index.html

'Surprising amount of death' will soon occur in these US regions from increased Covid-19 cases, expert says

The US is averaging about 19,455 new cases over the last seven days, a 47% increase from the week prior, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. And a third of those, CNN Medical Analyst Dr. Jonathan Reiner said, come from five hot spots: Florida, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri and Nevada.

"In places like Missouri where ICUs are packed, you're going to see a surprising amount of death," Reiner said on Sunday.

At Mercy Hospital in Springfield, Missouri, 91% of ICU patients are on ventilators and many are in their 20s, 30s and 40s, Chief Administrative Officer Erik Frederick told CNN on Saturday. That is especially concerning, he said, because at the peak last year there were only 40 to 50% of ICU patients on ventilators.
              That's stronger than the sniffles. And Long Covid is real and quality of life affecting for in indeterminant amount of time.

Comment

• If you are scared of death or long term issues from COVID and you have been vaccinated, stop reading, go to your safe room and await your certain death from whatever you can’t control in your boring and fruitless existence.

With a conservative estimation of 60% of the US population having antibodies , I estimate my chances of running into a non-vaccinated, COVID carrying transmitter with sufficient viral load to infect me, at less than 50-1. As one who is vaccinated, even with multiple co-morbidities, my chance of being hospitalized due to that 1-50 chance is less than 1-100.

1 in 5000? And my chances are going down every day. I choose to live my life and I hope everyone else does too. If those odds are too steep, then I certainly respect that but don’t force me down your petrified rabbit hole. You can embark on that journey by yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                  We get it man, you’re popular.

I went to lunch with my 94 year old grandmother who is still sharp as a tack and living life to the fullest, COVID wasn’t a concern or topic for a single second.

Other people choose to live life different from you and your circle. It doesn’t mean they haven’t done the research, because they choose to live life in a different way.
                  Is grandma vaccinated? I be happy to tranq her and get it done. I'll be super sweet about it - hit her when she's over a soft patch of grass - low in the leg, maybe around the calve region. I'll even stick her on the bottom so she doesn't have a sore arm. It will be an act of pure love.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

I went through a list of 1,200+ contacts. Of that group somewhere between 200 and 300 would consider themselves to be my friend. More than a few have known me for 50+ years and they have consistently supported me to their friends when they, me, and their friends have similar interests.

I limited my contact list to 60 because I can only host around 20 comfortably. I didn't want to create a situation where I had to refuse to allow people to come to my house who had been invited.

This pic was taken at dusk, so it's kind of dark, but this is the view my guests get from my patio at sundown

1105_back_dusk.jpg
                    If your elderly guests are gathering on your patio at dusk at this time of year, be very careful. The West Nile Virus can be obtained from Mosquito bites. I did the research on WNV, and about 1 percent of people obtain the disease (just about the same as the incidents of Carona virus) , and it can cause major illness in the elderly, and get this, THERE IS NO VACCINE.

"West Nile virus (WNV) is particularly dangerous in older people, who account for a large number of severe cases and deaths caused by the virus. WNV infection turns serious when the virus crosses the blood-brain-barrier and wreaks havoc among nerve cells in the brain."

Since MASKS don't help with WNV, I would make every attempt to stay inside during the next few months to avoid over exposure to this Serious disease.
                    Last edited by Shockm; July 16, 2021, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      If you are scared of death or long term issues from COVID and you have been vaccinated, stop reading, go to your safe room and await your certain death from whatever you can’t control in your boring and fruitless existence.

With a conservative estimation of 60% of the US population having antibodies , I estimate my chances of running into a non-vaccinated, COVID carrying transmitter with sufficient viral load to infect me, at less than 50-1. As one who is vaccinated, even with multiple co-morbidities, my chance of being hospitalized due to that 1-50 chance is less than 1-100.

1 in 5000? And my chances are going down every day. I choose to live my life and I hope everyone else does too. If those odds are too steep, then I certainly respect that but don’t force me down your petrified rabbit hole. You can embark on that journey by yourself.
                      I agree your chances of ending up in the hospital are still slim, but your chances of getting infected hanging around unvaccinated are not. Israel just released a study pointing to a possible efficacy as low as 64% for mRNA vaccines against the Delta variant. I've made peace w/ the fact that I most likely will get infected at some point now because I've committed to behaving pre-pandemic unless a real nasty variant emerges. Then I'll gladly mask up again until a new vaccine is released. This is the world we (the undeluded) live in now; an active battle against an aggressively mutating virus. Hollywoodesque for sure.

Speaking of viral loads....

https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/...gerous-symptom

Dangerous delta variant symptom to consider

Experts have been widely concerned about the delta variant because of the variant’s viral load, meaning it contains more particles of the virus that makes it easier to spread, according to Forbes.

Eric Topol, a scientist and physician, explained on Twitter: “Part of the challenge that delta presents may be tied to this finding. The variant’s viral load ~1,000X higher than previous strains (reflected by low CTs), more infectious in the early stages of the illness.”
                      What about fully vaccinated people?

Per Healthline, experts have said it’s unlikely fully vaccinated people who have had an asymptomatic reaction to the delta variant are spreading it. Experts suggest vaccinated people take in a lesser amount of the viral load, which stops the variant from spreading to the next host, according to Healthline.

However, fully vaccinated people may still want to take proper precautions against the variants by staying out of large crowds or wearing a mask in places where there’s a high transmission rate and low vaccination rate, according to Healthline.
                      This new variant is a real motherfu@%&%@#er. I wish all the unvaccinated would stop taking their lazy/retard pills.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

If your elderly guests are gathering on your patio at dusk at this time of year, be very careful. The West Nile Virus can be obtained from Mosquito bites. I did the research on WNV, and about 1 percent of people obtain the disease (just about the same as the incidents of Carona virus) , and it can cause major illness in the elderly, and get this, THERE IS NO VACCINE.

"West Nile virus (WNV) is particularly dangerous in older people, who account for a large number of severe cases and deaths caused by the virus. WNV infection turns serious when the virus crosses the blood-brain-barrier and wreaks havoc among nerve cells in the brain."

Since MASKS don't help with WNV, I would make every attempt to stay inside during the next few months to avoid over exposure to this Serious disease.
                        Are the ICU's currently filling with WNV victims?

You're not witty, or even funny. Get back in your rusted out Dodge pickup Denier.

Comment

https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/...gerous-symptom

This new variant is a real motherfu@%&%@#er. I wish all the unvaccinated would stop taking their lazy/retard pills.
                          I heard Dr. Makary (Johns Hopkins) this morning just say that according to the data, the Variant isn't much different from the original virus. Most of the people who are tested are asymptomatic, and others are getting sick at pretty much the same rate as Carona virus. Furthermore, he said that the vaccine still is working against the virus, and people should get the vaccine. Lastly, he said that if you test anyone, you probably find a particle in their nose that shows the disease whether they've had the vaccine or not, but these people are usually asymptomatic, and not threatened by the disease. He said that immunity from the disease is in most places and people shouldn't need to wear a mask if they've been vaccinated. He also said that 90% of the elderly have been vaccinated, and that younger people should be vaccinated, especially if they are over weight, or have other compromising conditions (diabetes, etc.). Your information is probably all wrong or at least other studies dispute it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            If you are scared of death or long term issues from COVID and you have been vaccinated, stop reading, go to your safe room and await your certain death from whatever you can’t control in your boring and fruitless existence.

So, what's going on in Joplin where they are at higher hospitalization levels than their previous peak? Is Kansas (particularly Wichita) that far ahead of Joplin in vaccination rates?

Comment

• Anybody consider that WuTheOne and Clod might be one and the same person posting under different user names? Just sayin...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I heard Dr. Makary (Johns Hopkins) this morning just say that according to the data, the Variant isn't much different from the original virus. Most of the people who are tested are asymptomatic, and others are getting sick at pretty much the same rate as Carona virus. Furthermore, he said that the vaccine still is working against the virus, and people should get the vaccine. Lastly, he said that if you test anyone, you probably find a particle in their nose that shows the disease whether they've had the vaccine or not, but these people are usually asymptomatic, and not threatened by the disease. He said that immunity from the disease is in most places and people shouldn't need to wear a mask if they've been vaccinated. He also said that 90% of the elderly have been vaccinated, and that younger people should be vaccinated, especially if they are over weight, or have other compromising conditions (diabetes, etc.). Your information is probably all wrong or at least other studies dispute it.
                                I haven't stated a misfact my entire time in this thread. I am batting 1.000 and counting. You on the other hand... I couldn't even begin to count up all your desperate fictional submissions in an attempt to support your leaders' perverse narrative.
                                Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; July 17, 2021, 12:54 PM. Reason: Because maths is haaard.

Comment

Working...
                                X