Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What we know:

Vaccines have been very effective so far.

We are learning more and more about the virus everyday.

We are learning more and more about the vaccine everyday.

We will know much more about the road forward when they finally agree to the roll-out of the Novavax vaccine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
      What we know:

Cold will say whatever it takes to stir up the masses, no matter how stupid it makes him look.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

LMAO. He’s admitted to being a Thunder hockey nut. Same thing.
        C0|dB|00ded, if you are a Thunder nut, you need to come to McPherson and hang with me. The greatest goalie in Thunder history (and the second best player at any position) is a close personal friend of mine and I’m sure he’d appreciate it if you’d buy him a beer!
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

C0|dB|00ded, if you are a Thunder nut, you need to come to McPherson and hang with me. The greatest goalie in Thunder history (and the second best player at any position) is a close personal friend of mine and I’m sure he’d appreciate it if you’d buy him a beer!
          Do you have an Applebee's?

Comment

• I thought you would be a Golden Corral fan.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              I thought you would be a Golden Corral fan.
              I didn't think Golden Corral had beer.

Comment

• Perhaps I can make a point that doesn't result in 3 pages of posts questioning why people would want to protect themselves from a deadly virus.

I contacted around 60 people who may have been interested in re-establishing social connections after a long period of isolation. About half were interested in doing that and were willing to have some potential exposure to covid, if that risk of exposure was kept to an absolute minimum.

Demographics of that group: Most are retired. The majority are in their 70's or 80's. They have the economic means to be season ticket holders if they wanted to do that. Some are season ticket holders. I think they are fairly representative of the "blue hairs" that fill a lot of seats in CKA. The sample included both far right-wing and far left-wing political viewpoints.

Of that group, more than 90% were fully immunized with 2 Pfizer vaccinations. Of that group 1 got vaccinated because he wanted to join the social contact group. Of that group 5% refused to get vaccinated and the rest pretty much insisted that everybody in the social group be vaccinated or they would not join the group.

If my research can be applied to WSU basketball attendance, there could be a lot fewer older fans in CKA. It's easier for people in their 30's through 50's to ignore covid. It's harder for the "blue hairs" to do the same. On one hand that could open up seating for younger fans, but can they afford the cost? On the other hand, there could be a significant number of older fans who don't want to risk any potential exposure to covid and will not attend games.

Comment

• It was a joke autists. I don't frequent Applebee's.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                    Perhaps I can make a point that doesn't result in 3 pages of posts questioning why people would want to protect themselves from a deadly virus.

I contacted around 60 people who may have been interested in re-establishing social connections after a long period of isolation. About half were interested in doing that and were willing to have some potential exposure to covid, if that risk of exposure was kept to an absolute minimum.

Demographics of that group: Most are retired. The majority are in their 70's or 80's. They have the economic means to be season ticket holders if they wanted to do that. Some are season ticket holders. I think they are fairly representative of the "blue hairs" that fill a lot of seats in CKA. The sample included both far right-wing and far left-wing political viewpoints.

Of that group, more than 90% were fully immunized with 2 Pfizer vaccinations. Of that group 1 got vaccinated because he wanted to join the social contact group. Of that group 5% refused to get vaccinated and the rest pretty much insisted that everybody in the social group be vaccinated or they would not join the group.

If my research can be applied to WSU basketball attendance, there could be a lot fewer older fans in CKA. It's easier for people in their 30's through 50's to ignore covid. It's harder for the "blue hairs" to do the same. On one hand that could open up seating for younger fans, but can they afford the cost? On the other hand, there could be a significant number of older fans who don't want to risk any potential exposure to covid and will not attend games.
                    I'm just amazed at the fact that you have 60 people in your social circle you'd be willing to invite to your home!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

You must be talking about Bobby Desjardins! Would you believe I hardly ever saw him play live? The two greatest Thunder seasons in history (93-95) and I only saw maybe one game of the 2nd season. I became a Thunder fan in the late 90's until they moved to the IBA. I've hung out (and played) with some of the Thunder greats though over the years, including coaches. Hockey has gotten softer over the last decade and with that so has my interest. It used to be the greatest sport on earth played by the bravest men. Then the league had to try their hand at becoming more politically correct. Bad move.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                        It was a joke autists. I don't frequent Applebee's.
                        Goes without saying. Gotta have teeth to eat at Applebee’s.

Comment

• Yankees/BloSox game tonight canceled do to China Virus issues. The three confirmed positive cases on the Yanks— Jonathan Loaisiga, Nestor Cortes, and Wandy Peralta — were all vaccinated, Brian Cashman said. Two J&J, one mRNA.

Comment

• My question:

If the vaccine is not very effective (as Clod has said) why are 100% of the people in the hospital those who have not been vaccinated?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              My question:

If the vaccine is not very effective (as Clod has said) why are 100% of the people in the hospital those who have not been vaccinated?
                              He has about a six sided mouth he talks out of.

Comment

• Long Covid has more than 200 symptoms, study finds

The largest ever international study of people with long Covid has identified more than 200 symptoms and prompted researchers to call for a national screening programme.

The study found the myriad symptoms of long Covid – from brain fog and hallucinations to tremors and tinnitus – spanned 10 of the body’s organ systems, and a third of the symptoms continued to affect patients for at least six months.

A national screening programme would help produce a better understanding of how many people are affected and the kind of support they would need, the researchers said.
                                Athena Akrami, a neuroscientist at University College London, and senior author of the study, said: “A lot of post-Covid clinics in the UK have focused on respiratory rehabilitation. It’s true that a lot of people have shortness of breath, but they also have a lot of other problems and types of symptoms that the clinics need to provide a more holistic approach to.”

She said that she was still experiencing symptoms 16 months after becoming infected with coronavirus, adding: “There are likely to be tens of thousands of long Covid patients suffering in silence, unsure that their symptoms are connected to Covid-19.
                                The study, published in the Lancet’s journal EClinicalMedicine, surveyed 3,762 people with confirmed or suspected long Covid from 56 countries. It identified 203 symptoms, of which 66 were tracked for seven months.

The most common symptoms were fatigue, post-exertional malaise (where people’s health worsens after physical or mental exertion) and brain fog. Other effects included visual hallucinations, tremors, itchy skin, changes to the menstrual cycle, sexual dysfunction, heart palpitations, bladder control issues, shingles, memory loss, blurred vision, diarrhoeaand tinnitus.

The researchers also captured the progression of symptoms over time. “After six months most of the remaining symptoms are systemic – things like temperature regulation, fatigue, post-exertional malaise – and neurological [affecting the brain, spinal cord and nerves],” Akrami said.

Baylor Medical School's Dr. Peter Hotez predicted Wednesday that "waves of young people" would become infected with the Delta variant of the coronavirus within the next few weeks.

Youths infected with coronavirus could experience ‘brain degeneration,' 'cognitive declines'

Baylor Medical School's Dr. Peter Hotez predicted Wednesday that "waves of young people" would become infected with the Delta variant of the coronavirus within the next few weeks and could experience severe long-term side effects.

Speaking to MSNBC's Craig Melvin, Hotez claimed the transmission of the Delta strain would continue to accelerate unless all adults and adolescents were vaccinated. He added young people who did contract the virus could experience "grey matter brain degeneration leading to cognitive declines" and "memory loss" due to potential long-haul Covid-19.

"People who are advocating for vaccines, especially in conservative stronghold areas, are being told that they can’t, and this is part of the reason why we've had this … awful rate of vaccination among young people in places like Tennessee, where only now 20% of the adolescents are vaccinated," Hotez said.
                                "Well the risks are, unless you've got all of the adults and adolescents vaccinated, transmission will continue to accelerate because this Delta variant is twice as contagious as the original lineage. So we can expect a lot of them to get Covid," Hotez said. "Now what the conservative lobby says is the death rates among young people is quite low, and that's true. But what they omit telling you is that long-haul Covid is quite common, 10 to 30 percent."
                                This is what I've been squawking about since this whole thing began. Death is not the only bad outcome. You DO NOT want to get infected if at all possible.

Take the vaccine.

Comment

Working...
                                X