No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an idea…let’s make a federal mandate that everyone take a medication that only some people need. How about Soma? It’s a Brave New World, I will tell you that!
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

You don't think a person who's willing to resign their ****ing job over taking a harmless vaccine isn't acting as a form of vaccine discouragement?
      uh.............no

Comment

• A large study has revealed that one in three Covid-19 survivors have suffered symptoms three to six months after getting infected.

Long Covid is a bigger problem than we thought

A large study has revealed that one in three Covid-19 survivors have suffered symptoms three to six months after getting infected, with breathing problems, abdominal symptoms such as abdominal pain, change of bowel habit and diarrhoea, fatigue, pain, anxiety and depression among the most common issues reported.

Researchers at the University of Oxford, the National Institute for Health Research and the Oxford Health Biomedical Research Centre studied symptoms in more than 270,000 people recovering from Covid-19 and found that the nine features of long Covid were detected by clinicians more frequently in those who had been hospitalized, and slightly more often in women.

But Dr. Max Taquet, National Institute for Health Research academic clinical fellow and one of the authors of the study, said the results show long Covid affects a significant proportion of people of all ages. "We need appropriately configured services to deal with the current and future clinical need," he said.
        The symptoms people experienced varied, and many patients experienced more than one. Older people and men were more likely to have breathing difficulties and cognitive problems, whereas young people and women reported more headaches, abdominal symptoms, anxiety and depression.

The authors stressed that although the number of such incidents was higher among the elderly and those with more severe initial illness, people who had suffered a mild disease, children and young adults also experienced long Covid.

The accompanying data showed that as many as 46% of children and young adults between the ages of 10 and 22 had experienced at least one symptom in the six months after recovering.

Milder COVID-19 infection could still leave brain with lasting impact: UK study

Mild cases of COVID-19 could also leave a lasting impact on the human brain, according to a recent study.

In August, researchers from England's University of Oxford and the Imperial College of London wrote that brain imaging from the UK Biobank – including the data from more than 40,000 people in the United Kingdom, dating back to 2014 – showed differences in gray matter thickness between those who had been infected with COVID-19 and those who had not.

The team said that using both hypothesis-driven and exploratory approaches, with false discovery rate multiple comparison correction, they had identified respectively 68 and 67 significant longitudinal effects associated with SARS-CoV-2 infection in the brain.
        In the COVID-19 group, gray matter tissue was reduced in the frontal and temporal lobes, and in the general population changes to gray matter volume were larger than normal in the 401 who had been infected.

The results for those who had illness severe enough to be hospitalized were the same as for those who had experienced milder infection, with a marked reduction of gray matter thickness in both cases.

Additionally, the SARS-CoV-2-infected participants also showed a larger cognitive decline during testing and were slower in processing information relative to those who had not contracted the virus – a control group of 384.

The researchers matched the groups based on age, sex, baseline test date and study location in addition to other common risk factors for disease.

A patient in Japan seems to have developed the condition due to COVID-19, according to initial findings.

While it is still unclear how COVID-19 causes neurological symptoms, a number of cases of neurological issues, including Guillain-Barré syndrome, "brain fog" and tingling among other issues, have been linked to coronavirus infections since the start of the pandemic.

The scientists stressed that the long-term neuropsychiatric effects of COVID-19 are not yet fully understood and it is still unclear how the novel coronavirus causes these effects. They called for long-term monitoring of such effects in order to gain a fuller understanding of the mechanisms behind them, adding that COVID-19-related RLS or RLS variants may be underdiagnosed.
        Since the middle of last year, researchers have found that even some patients who were only mildly affected by the virus suffered neurological complications ranging from brain inflammation and delirium to nerve damage and stroke.

Coronavirus can transform pancreas cell function

When the coronavirus infects cells, it not only impairs their activity but can also change their function, new findings suggest. For example, when insulin-producing beta cells in the pancreas become infected with the virus, they not only produce much less insulin than usual, but also start to produce glucose and digestive enzymes, which is not their job, researchers found. "We call this a change of cell fate," said study leader Dr. Shuibing Chen, who described the work in a presentation on Tuesday at the annual meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes, held virtually this year. It is not clear whether the changes are long-lasting, or if they might be reversible, the researchers noted earlier in a report published in Cell Metabolism. Chen noted that some COVID-19 survivors have developed diabetes shortly after infection.
        It's almost uncanny isn't it? I didn't join this thread to flex my forecasting muscle, it was for the sincere purpose of helping some of the confused. Eventually it became a pissing match, which is unfortunate. It's truly boring to be right all the time in here. I get no thrill from it.

Someone said vaccines are a moot point eh?

My recommendation has not changed. Avoid this GD insidious, alien virus if at all possible. Get vaxxed and get boosted and encourage anybody you know to follow suit. Heed CB's words and you and yours will be safe. Be stubborn and your name will be entered for the Darwin Award drawing. Prizes are won daily...

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

uh.............no
          Then you're an irrational person.

Comment

• Death isn’t the only bad outcome from Covid.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Death isn’t the only bad outcome from Covid.
              absolutely right

Comment

• This would be a great place for me to halt my contributions. Everything, and I mean everything has come full circle. I've thoroughly refuted the entire Covidiot dogma. All my guidance was spot on. The virus became exactly what I said it would. Nothing left but trolls chirping and crickets to each and every one of my sledgehammer-like posts. I will finally heed the advice of so many who've told me privately, I'm just wasting my time. I truly hope I didn't.

It's just the flu!

Wrong!

Death is the only bad outcome!

Wrong!

We've reached herd immunity! Open her up! (uttered after all 5 waves)

Wrong!

The vaccine is useless if you've been infected!

Wrong!

Masks don't work!

Wrong!

Virus spread cant be mitigated!

Wrong!

Blacks are the ones not getting the vaccine!

Wrong!

Mandates don't work!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Wrong!

What a terrible tragedy this pandemic in America has been. We faced it like a 3rd world country, full of superstition and misinformation. I do hope we learn from this, because there will be a next time.

Comment

Someone said vaccines are a moot point eh?
                  Quote him with complete context.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

This would be a great place for me to halt my contributions..
                    absolutely right

Comment

This would be a great place for me to halt my contributions.
                      Thank ****
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

This would be a great place for me to halt my contributions. Everything, and I mean everything has come full circle. I've thoroughly refuted the entire Covidiot dogma. All my guidance was spot on. The virus became exactly what I said it would. Nothing left but trolls chirping and crickets to each and every one of my sledgehammer-like posts. I will finally heed the advice of so many who've told me privately, I'm just wasting my time. I truly hope I didn't.

It's just the flu!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Masks don't work!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Mandates don't work!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Wrong!

What a terrible tragedy this pandemic in America has been. We faced it like a 3rd world country, full of superstition and misinformation. I do hope we learn from this, because there will be a next time.
                        Deuces.

Meds.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This would be a great place for me to halt my contributions. Everything, and I mean everything has come full circle. I've thoroughly refuted the entire Covidiot dogma. All my guidance was spot on. The virus became exactly what I said it would. Nothing left but trolls chirping and crickets to each and every one of my sledgehammer-like posts. I will finally heed the advice of so many who've told me privately, I'm just wasting my time. I truly hope I didn't.

It's just the flu!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Masks don't work!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Mandates don't work!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Three of the last four are wrong.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Then you're an irrational person.
                            Put me in the no column also. And you are the last person to judge a persons sense of rationality.

Comment

This would be a great place for me to halt my contributions.

Comment

• This x 1000%.

Nobody with a brain has any confidence in this clown. Total hack who is more concerned with how much publicity he can get than actual Covid guidance. People are most definitely hesitant because of the lack of trust in him. Bet if he resigned and they put someone with logic in that position vax rates would go up.

Dr. Anthony Fauci faced a tough grilling over whether or not he should step aside as his critics view him as a deterrent in the Biden administration's ongoing effort to vaccinate Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X