X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don’t think that wlll fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Oregon moving to a permanent mask mandate.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...30da5a8648af95
      Antifa and Bank (Armed) Robbers wear them all the time. It’s perfect for Portland.

Comment

• Portland is the cancer that just can't drop off into the Pacific quick enough
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Still waiting on the "surge" graph.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Is the point of your callouts just to get a reaction from me? Is it worth it to look like a total ignoramus? I've been very busy. There are many things I haven't had a chance to post but wish I had. The trend I graphed is still in play. Since then 25 of 50 states are showing an increase in daily infections. Michigan is in a terrible position; Florida's cases are clearly trending up also. The world trend is very disturbing - India and Brazil are in serious trouble.

We still have a huge percentage of our population that says they won't get vaccinated. We need our country's collective immunity to get north of 75% for things to start returning to normal. We continue to average around 75k infections a day which is so terribly frustrating. All the needless deaths aside, many thousands are added daily to the ranks of the Post-Acute Covid Syndrome sufferers (the Long-Haulers). These folks are going to live, but their quality of life will be greatly diminished for an indeterminant period of time.

The root cause of all this is ignorance. Kind of like your posts.

Sad.

Have a great Monday!

Comment

• Does this align with common sense:

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                Is the point of your callouts just to get a reaction from me? Is it worth it to look like a total ignoramus? I've been very busy. There are many things I haven't had a chance to post but wish I had. The trend I graphed is still in play. Since then 25 of 50 states are showing an increase in daily infections. Michigan is in a terrible position; Florida's cases are clearly trending up also. The world trend is very disturbing - India and Brazil are in serious trouble.

We still have a huge percentage of our population that says they won't get vaccinated. We need our country's collective immunity to get north of 75% for things to start returning to normal. We continue to average around 75k infections a day which is so terribly frustrating. All the needless deaths aside, many thousands are added daily to the ranks of the Post-Acute Covid Syndrome sufferers (the Long-Haulers). These folks are going to live, but their quality of life will be greatly diminished for an indeterminant period of time.

Sad.

Have a great Monday!
                Last I saw, only 13% responded that they won't or don't think they will get vaccinated. And, that number is improving nearly daily. Is that a huge percentage? 87% vaccination rate seems pretty robust to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                  Is the point of your callouts just to get a reaction from me? Is it worth it to look like a total ignoramus? I've been very busy. There are many things I haven't had a chance to post but wish I had. The trend I graphed is still in play. Since then 25 of 50 states are showing an increase in daily infections. Michigan is in a terrible position; Florida's cases are clearly trending up also. The world trend is very disturbing - India and Brazil are in serious trouble.

Sad.

Have a great Monday!
                  All of that you had time for but not graphical evidence.

Signed,
                  Disappointed Again.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Last I saw, only 13% responded that they won't or don't think they will get vaccinated. And, that number is improving nearly daily. Is that a huge percentage? 87% vaccination rate seems pretty robust to me.
                    Last time I calculated 87% was north of 75%. But I have been known to be mistaken from time to time. Somebody can double check my calculation if they wish.

Comment

• Vaccines are now available at some local Walgreen's locations. If you aren't interested in dealing with the homeless population darting in and out of traffic downtown.

Comment

• Only a brainwashed moron would compare the Covid shot to the polio vaccine.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Yeah, your numbers are not accurate.

MONDAY, April 19, 2021 (HealthDay News) -- Half of all Americans aged 18 years or older have now gotten at least one shot in the arm of a COVID-19 vaccine, the

Half of all Americans aged 18 years or older have now gotten at least one shot in the arm of a COVID-19 vaccine, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Sunday.

The agency said that almost 130 million people -- 50.4 percent of the U.S. adult population -- have received at least one dose of vaccine, while almost 84 million adults, or nearly a third (32.5 percent), are fully vaccinated.

In the United States, efforts to vaccinate are now beginning to shift from getting shots into the arms of those who were eager for immunization to trying to convince the many who are still hesitant.

Politics and geography remain key factors in vaccine acceptance. According to a poll conducted in late March by the Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs, 36 percent of Republicans said they will probably or definitely not get vaccinated versus 12 percent of Democrats. And while less than one-quarter of people living in cities say they are hesitant about getting a shot, that number rises to one-third of Americans living in rural areas, polling revealed.

Nevertheless, overall acceptance of the vaccines is on the rise. According to the AP-NORC poll conducted in January, 67 percent of Americans said they would be willing to get a COVID-19 vaccine, but that number has risen to 75 percent in the latest AP-NORC poll.
                          The numbers are improving now no doubt thanks to the steady messaging we have been receiving from leadership.

A Times analysis found that willingness to receive a vaccine and actual vaccination rates to date were both lower, on average, in counties that voted red in the 2020 presidential election.

For months, health officials across the United States have been racing to inoculate people as variants of the coronavirus have continued to gain a foothold, carrying mutations that can make infections more contagious and, in some cases, deadlier. Vaccinations have sped up and, in many places, people are still unable to book appointments because of high demand. In Michigan, where cases have spiraled out of control, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, a Democrat, recently urged President Biden to send additional doses.

But in more rural — and more Republican — areas, health officials said that supply is far exceeding demand.

In a county in Wyoming, a local health official asked the state to stop sending first doses of the vaccine because the freezer was already stuffed to capacity with unwanted vials.

In an Iowa county, a clinic called people who had volunteered to give shots to tell them not to come in because so few residents had signed up for appointments.

In a county in Pennsylvania, a hospital set up a drive-through in the park, stocked with roughly 1,000 vaccine doses. Only about 300 people showed up.

And in interviews with more than two dozen state and county health officials — including some who said they were feeling weary after a year of hearing lifelong friends, family and neighbors tell them that the virus was a hoax or not particularly serious — most attributed low vaccination rates at least partly to hesitant conservative populations.

“I just never in a million years ever expected my field of work to become less medical and more political,” said Hailey Bloom, a registered Republican and the public information officer for the health department that covers Natrona County, Wyo., which Mr. Trump won by a wide margin last year.

The health department, Ms. Bloom said, set up a clinic in a former Macy’s at the local mall and was prepared to give 1,500 shots a day, four days a week. But it has never been able to fill all the slots, she said; usually, 300 or 400 people show up.

Ms. Bloom, like many other county officials, said she feared that reaching herd immunity might not be possible in her community. “It’s terrifying to think that this may never end,” she said. “So much hinges on these vaccinations.”

About 27 percent of Natrona County’s adult residents have been fully vaccinated, and the federal government has estimated, based on Census survey data, that about 32 percent of its residents may be hesitant to get a shot.
                          When asked in polls about their vaccination plans, Republicans across the country have been far less likely than Democrats to say they plan to get shots. Most recently, on Wednesday, Monmouth University and Quinnipiac University polls indicated that almost half of Republicans did not plan to pursue vaccinations. Only around one in 20 Democrats said the same.

Using survey data collected in March, the federal government recently created new estimates of hesitancy for every county and state in the United States. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services modelers used demographic factors and state-level responses of adults who said they would “probably not” or “definitely not” get a Covid-19 vaccine from the Household Pulse Survey, then used Census data to estimate the share of residents who might say that in every county.

In more than 500 counties, at least a quarter of adults might not be willing to get vaccinated, according to the estimates, and a majority of these places supported Mr. Trump in the last election.
                          It's clear where the challenges lie in getting this country vaccinated and back to normal again.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

All of that you had time for but not graphical evidence.

Signed,
                            Disappointed Again.
                            Do I look like your junior research assistant? I post what I feel compelled to post, when I want to post it. It takes time for me to render my valuable insight via MS Paint medium.

Rest assured I glanced at the numbers after your banal commentary and we are still heading in the wrong direction. I can only hope that it stagnates and peaks much earlier than the other waves. But our daily infection rate is way too high (much higher than in the summer). Hospitals across the country are filling with younger folks now. So very unfortunate.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Only a brainwashed moron would compare the Covid shot to the polio vaccine.
                              Only a brainwashed moron would even broach a topic like vaccination unless it was to extoll the virtues of it after what we've all been through.

It would take very little convincing for me to sign onto a Covid vaccination passport. No planes, trains, or automobiles without it. I'm done with the "freedom fighting" Covidiots in this country. Folks are gonna stop at stop signs, and they're going to get their immunizations. This is a matter of national security.

Comment

• This ain't polio, and this isn't a vaccine.......

Comment

Working...
                                X