Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Hard to look at today's numbers without getting really mad.
    So angry at all the sinners that brought this biblical plague upon us. If only everyone placed the sacred loin cloth across their face the lord would surely spare us!
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

So angry at all the sinners that brought this biblical plague upon us. If only everyone placed the sacred loin cloth across their face the lord would surely spare us!
      Why do you want somebody's loin cloth across your face? You do know the loin cloth covers the genitals and buttocks.

Made it extra small. So as not to offend (or excite in wufan's case).

I kid because I care!

Comment

• Why does Kansas report cases the way they do? It almost seems like they intentionally do it to make things seem worse every other day or so.

Throughout the week you see reports of 5 or 6000 daily new cases but what you don’t see are those in between days of 2 or 300. For instance, today the state logged 340 new cases. I bet that didn’t make the lead news. So they get you to see those 6000 number figures when in actuality the daily average is more so around 2500. They do the same thing with deaths too. And yes I know you can have good and bad days with deaths. 60 today (that’s a headline grabber), 0 yesterday. 10 on the 17th, 0 on the 16th. So while the news runs with the big numbers every couple of days, the actual rolling average is 16/day.

It’s stuff like that gives me pause with the data and the government’s intentions. They damn well could and should be reporting daily numbers.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Hard to look at today's numbers without getting really mad.
          WOW! Over 7.2 million people have recovered. Excellent.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Why does Kansas report cases the way they do? It almost seems like they intentionally do it to make things seem worse every other day or so.

Throughout the week you see reports of 5 or 6000 daily new cases but what you don’t see are those in between days of 2 or 300. For instance, today the state logged 340 new cases. I bet that didn’t make the lead news. So they get you to see those 6000 number figures when in actuality the daily average is more so around 2500. They do the same thing with deaths too. And yes I know you can have good and bad days with deaths. 60 today (that’s a headline grabber), 0 yesterday. 10 on the 17th, 0 on the 16th. So while the news runs with the big numbers every couple of days, the actual rolling average is 16/day.

It’s stuff like that gives me pause with the data and the government’s intentions. They damn well could and should be reporting daily numbers.
            Not sure if the news sensationalizes or the health department sensationalizes, but it does lead one to wonder. Right or wrong, most of the cases are reported in large bulbous reviews. The deaths slowly stack up in someone’s desk and after a couple of days they are rubber stamped and reported. Maybe the health department has a lot of meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday’s, so no one gets around to certifying deaths until EOB Thursday. Friday morning headlines are new record highs and then all weekend activities are cancelled.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Why does Kansas report cases the way they do? It almost seems like they intentionally do it to make things seem worse every other day or so.
              It is idiotic how they report. Why are they only reporting data every other day? If it not serious enough to report daily number (like every other state does), then just break the daily numbers out every other day.

Don't even try to balance out what they have in their website (especially testing) and what they officially report - it doesn't balance out right. What they officially report on testing is off sometimes by a factor of 2. These people are either incompetent in math or have some agenda.

Comment

• Today, Kansas reports 35 new cases and no new deaths.

Guess pandemics don’t matter as much on weekends.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Wouldn't this be wonderful if it comes to pass:

‘Warp Speed’ advisor expects vaccine to ship mid-December, ‘herd immunity’ by May

The top advisor of the Trump administration’s Operation Warp Speed said a coronavirus vaccine could be shipped to the states by the middle of December — and the US could reach “he…

Comment

• Today, Kansas has reported 0 new cases and 0 deaths. Golly gee whiz, I wonder what’s gonna happen tomorrow? Perhaps another new “daily” record?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Today, Kansas has reported 0 new cases and 0 deaths. Golly gee whiz, I wonder what’s gonna happen tomorrow? Perhaps another new “daily” record?
                      The guy who’s job it is to report the cases had his job deemed non-essential.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Capture.PNG
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Anybody remember Ray Stevens?

"Two more weeks of quarantine will be the death of me!" Here's a brand new song from Ray Stevens called "The Quarantine Song". It was written by Buddy Kalb a...
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Today, Kansas has reported 0 new cases and 0 deaths. Golly gee whiz, I wonder what’s gonna happen tomorrow? Perhaps another new “daily” record?
                            You ought to move to Florida. Ron DeSantis would love you.

Comment

Why do you want somebody's loin cloth across your face? You do know the loin cloth covers the genitals and buttocks.

Made it extra small. So as not to offend (or excite in wufan's case).

I kid because I care!
                              Welp, we know Wufan isn't jewish or islamic and he **probably** likes lunchmeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                I'd like to see the source of that slide. It's a little blurry.

We just hit 10% positivity rate down here. Hospitals still have a lot of room, but admissions are way up, ICU numbers are ramping up. On the positive side, we have less than 100 on ventilators.

I'm thinking I won't be able to get back to the office until close to or at mid-year. Our governor is prioritizing the vaccine for first responders and front-line workers, which is the way it ought to be. They are telling us down here that it will be well into the next year before the people with underlying medical conditions get the vaccine. I'm calling mid-summer for the general public.

I'm locking back down again.

On the positive side, I'm sure our CEO is looking at our productivity numbers (and you can tell by my frequent, sporadic posting that I'm busy) and he's got to be happy. We're all slammed. I don't mind that. I'm less happy about being locked down, but the curve will need to be forced back down again. If you get sick during this wave and it gets really bad, you may not get into the hospital. It might be like Costa Rica or Mexico, where they send you home with an oxygen bottle to recover. It will be interesting to see how well the therapeutics work. If we can get enough of a supply of those, perhaps it won't be as bad as it might potentially be.

Comment

Working...
                                X