Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Had to check my Funk and Wagnalls, thought I knew the definition of ‘donate’, I was correct. Did a little research. What you would receive is compensation for your time and it is apparently taxable, 1099 misc income type stuff.

Get well!
    No doubt. You are indeed, selling your antibody-infused plasma.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
      I understand the logic, but where is the data the says bars and restaurants are sources of infections?
      There have been many guidelines posted over the last 6 months as to where you get infected most. The gym, church, bar, restaurant are always at the top. These guides that I quickly grabbed have dining a little lower than normal which is odd. There was a big study I read that found the most common activity surveyed infectees admitted doing just prior to getting infected, was dining in a restaurant/bar. It's common sense. This virus is airborne. It doesn't stop at the end of your table.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        So if you test positive for China virus on Monday, would you still test positive for it the following Monday? How bout the Monday after that?
        The rule of thumb is that you aren't infectious 10 days from first symptom. But there are folks who continue to test positive for 3 mos. Testing positive and being infectious are two different things apparently. :/

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

BUT MASKS!!!!!!!!! Honestly, I hope you're feeling better and nearly recovered. I have no reservations about what this damned thing will do to me if I get it, and I don't like it. Keep fighting 'Cold.

Ok seriously, don't even read this. This is for my own benefit, if I live long enough to come back and see how wrong I was (or just maybe a little right).

Virus gonna virus. Masks maybe 20% as effective as social distancing. This thing was going to make it's rounds, one way or the other.

We'll eventually find out a lot more than half were asymptomatic.

We'll admit that counting anyone that had the virus at death inflated "Covid" deaths by almost 50%. (guessing 35-50%)

We'll admit that the biggest reason we had so many deaths here is that this insidious alien virus hammers those that are obese and sedentary (and all the things that go along with that) and that our country has that in numbers that the rest of the world can't fathom (and I say that from personal experience as I am 100% guilty). That and they way we counted.

Warp Speed will be the single most successful government initiated program in 30 years, and Trump, while basically getting no credit at home, will be nominated for yet another Nobel after he leaves office for his foresight and the millions of lives he will have saved. He will have initiated the program, dropped the roadblocks, provided incentives, and was basically right about the timeline from day 1. He set lofty goals that almost no one thought could be reached, and while most of the media (and society in general) mocked him, he then found a way to see those goals were reached. True leadership.
          Doc, these are the words of a desperate madman.

You're a smart guy. Just accept the science and forget every single thing the Republican machine told you about this virus over the last 9 months - the last 5 in particular.

Masks work great! Just as your doctor. And as I have pointed out numerous times, they have the chance to greatly reduce the amount of virus you inhale which should lessen the severity of your symptoms. The friends that I have who've gotten the sickest caught the virus in a restaurant or a party when they weren't wearing masks.

Okay, we'll see how your predictions turn out.

Comment

• Day 6 since 1st symptom: I felt pretty great today - pretty normal from top to bottom. Nose doesn't have that chemical burn feel when I breathe in anymore. I'm curious to see the results of the test. I'm starting to convince myself that I didn't have it.

1st symptom 75% anosmia
            2nd symptom night sweats
            3rd symptom gastro upset
            4th symptom rigors
            5th symptom mild dizziness

What I missed: coughing, documented daytime fever, body aches, death, etc.

Comment

BUT MASKS!!!!!!!!! Honestly, I hope you're feeling better and nearly recovered. I have no reservations about what this damned thing will do to me if I get it, and I don't like it. Keep fighting 'Cold.

Ok seriously, don't even read this. This is for my own benefit, if I live long enough to come back and see how wrong I was (or just maybe a little right).

Virus gonna virus. Masks maybe 20% as effective as social distancing. This thing was going to make it's rounds, one way or the other.

We'll eventually find out a lot more than half were asymptomatic.

We'll admit that counting anyone that had the virus at death inflated "Covid" deaths by almost 50%. (guessing 35-50%)

We'll admit that the biggest reason we had so many deaths here is that this insidious alien virus hammers those that are obese and sedentary (and all the things that go along with that) and that our country has that in numbers that the rest of the world can't fathom (and I say that from personal experience as I am 100% guilty). That and they way we counted.

Warp Speed will be the single most successful government initiated program in 30 years, and Trump, while basically getting no credit at home, will be nominated for yet another Nobel after he leaves office for his foresight and the millions of lives he will have saved. He will have initiated the program, dropped the roadblocks, provided incentives, and was basically right about the timeline from day 1. He set lofty goals that almost no one thought could be reached, and while most of the media (and society in general) mocked him, he then found a way to see those goals were reached. True leadership.
              Dumb question: why did it take three times as long several years ago to create a flu vaccine that is 50% effective? Not playing party politics but either Operation Warp Speed is a heroic effort that has never been matched or somebody negligently slow rolled a half ass solution when they could’ve created a better, faster flu vaccine.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Dumb question: why did it take three times as long several years ago to create a flu vaccine that is 50% effective? Not playing party politics but either Operation Warp Speed is a heroic effort that has never been matched or somebody negligently slow rolled a half ass solution when they could’ve created a better, faster flu vaccine.
                The flu vaccine is a different animal. When you get the flu vaccine they are inoculating you against multiple common strains that they are estimating will be commonly transmitted. You are not inoculated against all strains, and sometimes they guess wrong, and even if they don’t, you could still get one of the lesser strains. The Covid-19 vaccine inoculates you against a specific virus, not all coronaviruses. That greatly increases the efficacy.

Operation WS removed the stage gating in approval, which increased the speed at which the virus can go to market. Previously, you would do stage 1 and they would review before you could move to stage 2, etc. Now they are using preliminary data and allowing work to be performed in parallel while approvals are occurring.

Edited to prevent ovulation.
                Last edited by wufan; November 19, 2020, 12:53 PM.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Doc, these are the words of a desperate madman.

You're a smart guy. Just accept the science and forget every single thing the Republican machine told you about this virus over the last 9 months - the last 5 in particular.

Masks work great! Just as your doctor. And as I have pointed out numerous times, they have the chance to greatly reduce the amount of virus you inhale which should lessen the severity of your symptoms. The friends that I have who've gotten the sickest caught the virus in a restaurant or a party when they weren't wearing masks.

Okay, we'll see how your predictions turn out.

I am not desperate, I'm sure many would debate the madman part, but what exactly did I say that makes you think I'm either? Just curious.

And I'm glad you're feeling better, and frankly I hope you did have it. If you did, it wasn't horrible and now you have insidious, alien antibodies coursing through that chiseled manhood of yours, ready to share with the world.

I'd also be interested in knowing what the science is behind an airplane being a 5 and a church being a 7. Love to hear the science there.

For the record, in the approximately 20 hours that I've been around the "public" since March, I suspect I've worn a mask 19.5 hours. I wear a mask. Not in my car. Not at work where I can social distance all day. Not at home, unless it's the few times I've seen my father.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

The flu vaccine is a different animal. When you get the flu vaccine they are in ovulating you against multiple common strains that they are estimating will be commonly transmitted. You are not inoculated against all strains, and sometimes they guess wrong, and even if they don’t, you could still get one of the lesser strains. The Covid-19 vaccine inoculates you against a specific virus, not all coronaviruses. That greatly increases the efficacy.

Operation WS removed the stage gating in approval, which increased the speed at which the virus can go to market. Previously, you would do stage 1 and they would review before you could move to stage 2, etc. Now they are using preliminary data and allowing work to be performed in parallel while approvals are occurring.
                      Aw, crap! I got the flu shot a couple weeks ago. I better not start ovulating!

Comment

I am not desperate, I'm sure many would debate the madman part, but what exactly did I say that makes you think I'm either? Just curious.

And I'm glad you're feeling better, and frankly I hope you did have it. If you did, it wasn't horrible and now you have insidious, alien antibodies coursing through that chiseled manhood of yours, ready to share with the world.

I'd also be interested in knowing what the science is behind an airplane being a 5 and a church being a 7. Love to hear the science there.

For the record, in the approximately 20 hours that I've been around the "public" since March, I suspect I've worn a mask 19.5 hours. I wear a mask. Not in my car. Not at work where I can social distance all day. Not at home, unless it's the few times I've seen my father.
                        Airplanes have very high air turnover and supreme air filtration. Churches do not. Churches also have lots of singing, talking, and socializing. It's all about the socializing my man. Don't take it personal. The Democrats are not coming to take religion away.

in the approximately 20 hours that I've been around the "public" since March, I suspect I've worn a mask 19.5 hours.
                        Sounds like a safe journey my friend, but also a very secluded one. I feel that pain. Truly.

Comment

Airplanes have very high air turnover and supreme air filtration. Churches do not. Churches also have lots of singing, talking, and socializing. It's all about the socializing my man. Don't take it personal. The Democrats are not coming to take religion away.

Sounds like a safe journey my friend, but also a very secluded one. I feel that pain. Truly.
                          Again, in CA, strip clubs = okeedokie churches = bad

Last I checked, there is a heck of a lot more "socializing" and touching in a strip club than a church.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Again, in CA, strip clubs = okeedokie churches = bad

Last I checked, there is a heck of a lot more "socializing" and touching in a strip club than a church.
                            I was going to respond to your post, but at some point, even I have to say, "enough is enough" lol.

I read the Christian website article detailing the issue you speak of. It's clearly a case of a deranged, libtard, activist judge. It will get overturned. What I wasn't happy to read was all the lawsuits from churches trying to do the same thing. I understand their motivations and their faith, but it is misguided. God will not save them from infection. They need to meet outside. It's California for Pete's sake.

Comment

I was going to respond to your post, but at some point, even I have to say, "enough is enough" lol.

I read the Christian website article detailing the issue you speak of. It's clearly a case of a deranged, libtard, activist judge. It will get overturned. What I wasn't happy to read was all the lawsuits from churches trying to do the same thing. I understand their motivations and their faith, but it is misguided. God will not save them from infection. They need to meet outside. It's California for Pete's sake.
                              You may be an atheist but the Constitution has a First Amendment Freedom of Religion Clause Nothing of the case for Freedom of Strip Clubs.

Comment

• Hard to look at today's numbers without getting really mad.

Comment

Working...
                                X