Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    A little update. The last two days were really rough. What seemed like a nothing burger got really bad. Yesterday I could have killed myself. My headache got so bad I couldn't see. My fever spiked to 103 and I couldn't sleep at night. I developed sores under my tongue and have a sore throat. The fever broke this morning, thank God! I dont have the strength to do much of anything yet, but I'm much better. I'm probably three days from being good, but that is if I follow the same timeline as my wife. Six of the eight in the house have now gotten through this, I have one son who still has a cough, then me. Oh, my pulse is never dipped below 94. My resting heart rate is in the high 70's though.
    We had almost identical symptoms, though ours occured way way back in February when nobody said there was a chance we had it. Keep in mind I haven't had a cold or flu bug for 10-15 years. Wife is thinking about getting the antibody test thing to see if she was exposed to it when she donates blood next month. Don't know if the antibodies would even still be present based on all the misinformation out there.

Its almost comforting to know someone else is going through it (we're in our early 50s). We battled it at the time for 2-3 weeks. It was no fun at all. Headache was the absolute worst. Sleeping (when we weren't coughing) was a short lived respite. I could ONLY sleep on the right side of my body or sitting up (for 2 weeks). Deep breathing was nay impossible without coughing. Learned to breathe slowly, taking in slow relaxed breaths. Drinking constantly, downing crackers and llifesavers by the boxes/packages. The big recovery for me came after downing almost 180 liters of orange juice (solely, no food) over a 36 hour period. Lost a little weight (duh). I was a month off of bicycling because of it. I hope to never have it again. We swear up and down we'll be doing this click list stuff at the stores for a long, long time. Hope everyone stays well.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

We had almost identical symptoms, though ours occured way way back in February when nobody said there was a chance we had it. Keep in mind I haven't had a cold or flu bug for 10-15 years. Wife is thinking about getting the antibody test thing to see if she was exposed to it when she donates blood next month. Don't know if the antibodies would even still be present based on all the misinformation out there.

Its almost comforting to know someone else is going through it (we're in our early 50s). We battled it at the time for 2-3 weeks. It was no fun at all. Headache was the absolute worst. Sleeping (when we weren't coughing) was a short lived respite. I could ONLY sleep on the right side of my body or sitting up (for 2 weeks). Deep breathing was nay impossible without coughing. Learned to breathe slowly, taking in slow relaxed breaths. Drinking constantly, downing crackers and llifesavers by the boxes/packages. The big recovery for me came after downing almost 180 liters of orange juice (solely, no food) over a 36 hour period. Lost a little weight (duh). I was a month off of bicycling because of it. I hope to never have it again. We swear up and down we'll be doing this click list stuff at the stores for a long, long time. Hope everyone stays well.
      Sounds like a severe case of bronchitis (but worse).

Glad you'll be back on your feet soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I'm doing something better than a vaccine; I'm social distancing and wearing a mask when sharing the indoor airspace of others. This means I'm helping to save lives - Right Now!
        Only way you are saving lives is if you have Covid. And if you have covid why aren't you staying home?

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

I know several people who thought they had it in January and February, but these symptoms are not just limited to covid. They went and got a antibody test and tested negative. It would be interesting if you got an antibody test to see if you really had it.

Comment

• https://nypost.com/2020/07/28/people...mpression=true

This could be a vital and groundbreaking piece of research.

Do any of our local Shockernet epidemiologist's know if this has been verified by fauci or not, cuz he's reliable and has never once flip-flopped. Oh, wait...

Comment

• For anyone that is interested in the credentials of all the “white coat doctors“ that are being discredited and banned.... Here you go!!!

The panel of doctors that were banned

For anyone that is interested in the credentials of all the “white coat doctors“ that are being discredited and banned.... Here you go!!!

Last edited by pinstripers; July 29, 2020, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• For anyone that is interested in the credentials of all the “white coat doctors“ that are being discredited and banned.... Here you go!!!

Comment

• won't let me post the names and credentials

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    won't let me post the names and credentials
                    Maybe post a link to them? They are probably in an image and not text that you can copy/paste into a post.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

A little update. The last two days were really rough. What seemed like a nothing burger got really bad. Yesterday I could have killed myself. My headache got so bad I couldn't see. My fever spiked to 103 and I couldn't sleep at night. I developed sores under my tongue and have a sore throat. The fever broke this morning, thank God! I dont have the strength to do much of anything yet, but I'm much better. I'm probably three days from being good, but that is if I follow the same timeline as my wife. Six of the eight in the house have now gotten through this, I have one son who still has a cough, then me. Oh, my pulse is never dipped below 94. My resting heart rate is in the high 70's though.
                      Ooof. Status this morning?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Glad to hear from you again! I was starting to wonder. Have you reached day 8 yet of your symptoms? That's kind of the turning point for most folks who experience a tough go. If things get worse after day 8... start watching vitals closely. I've mentioned this before; are you checking your oxy saturation? It's important to be early if your lungs are filling with debris brother. And an elevated heart rate is normal with a high fever but it can also be an oxygen issue. Get somebody to buy a pulse/ox at Wal-Mart for 30 bucks and drop it in your mailbox if necessary.

Breathing exercises.
                        Don't lay in bed too much.
                        Keep drinking fluids and trying to eat.
                        Acetaminophen not nsaid's

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I think the “getting pulled” is the problem. Anything else is debate, and this was a partisan and political message. It should be met with debate rather than being placed in the memory hole.
                          I'm all for free speech but dangerous misinformation is where I draw the line. I would say this almost qualifies. You don't allow instructional videos of cartoon characters making bombs on YouTube right? So there's a limit.

This was a desperate attempt by Don Jr. to foment more conspiratorial thinking out of his base. He fully expected it to get pulled and Trump's legion of lemmings to raise their fists in the air. Open your eyes people; you're being played.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Only way you are saving lives is if you have Covid. And if you have covid why aren't you staying home?
                            Your premise then is that mitigating infection during a pandemic doesn't save lives? Ooooookay. If you don't mind, I'll wait for that argument to be peer reviewed...

Comment

I'm all for free speech but dangerous misinformation is where I draw the line. I would say this almost qualifies. You don't allow instructional videos of cartoon characters making bombs on YouTube right? So there's a limit.

This was a desperate attempt by Don Jr. to foment more conspiratorial thinking out of his base. He fully expected it to get pulled and Trump's legion of lemmings to raise their fists in the air. Open your eyes people; you're being played.
                              Then why isn't everything spewed by CNN and MSNBC banned every second of every day? Virtually everything on there is mis-information.

Comment

Acetaminophen not nsaid's
                                That already been shown to be fake news you buffoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X