Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

lol

Hopefully after 5 million + die in a year, we can crown you a proud victor.
    I'm in a battle to educate and hopefully save just one more life. In that sense, I'm in a battle with ignorance. Which side are you on?

T

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

What were the "complications"? Could have been a skydiving accident for all I know. Sorry, but I just don't trust the system of reporting deaths.
      Unfortunately my friend, if you remove all Americans with conditions/afflictions/comorbidities/, weight problems, etc. etc., there's not many left. We as a country are in pretty terrible physical shape.

Q. How many people are affected by chronic diseases?

Generally incurable and ongoing, chronic diseases affect approximately 133 million Americans, representing more than 40% of the total population of this country.2 By 2020, that number is projected to grow to an estimated 157 million, with 81 million having multiple conditions.3
      -National Health Council

T

Comment

• Flattening the curve is quite likely to result in a tremendous amount of MORE deaths than not flattening it. It's beginning to look as if we have outsmarted ourselves.

Recently the media has portrayed Sweden as a failure. But that's like calling the game at half time. I hear Sweden plays a MEAN second half.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

There are two reasons to wear a mask: to protect the wearer and to protect the wearee. Medical professionals do not wear masks only to protect their patients. It is without debate that N95 masks effectively protect the wearer from pathogens (including Covid-19). The smallest effective application of masks would be to put N95's ONLY on the infected. But since we have absolutely no way of ever identifying all the infected, the smallest effective application of masks is for everyone to wear one. Non-N95 masks are less effective but far from not effective. They will provide some measure of disruption in the infection chain similar to a weak vaccine.

The IDEAL scenario is for everybody in the U.S. to wear N95 masks whenever they are indoors and around other people (including their family). If we all did this we would totally eradicate Covid-19 from this country in 3-4 weeks... until someone from outside the country reintroduced new infection.

T

The reality is, very few people are going to wear properly sized and fitted N95s, which are the only ones that protect the wearer. So I choose to focus on the other side of the argument - reducing aerosol spread of those infected, perhaps unknowingly.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

The reality is, very few people are going to wear properly sized and fitted N95s, which are the only ones that protect the wearer. So I choose to focus on the other side of the argument - reducing aerosol spread of those infected, perhaps unknowingly.
            Fair enough, but I think the term "properly sized and fitted N95's" is fairly irrelevant with regard to the general population. If you're working in a Covid ICU you're gonna want that bugger as perfect as possible, but nobody gets a "perfect" seal.

A couple of hairline cracks along the top of the N95 pales in comparison to the gaping openings around a surgical style. Realistically what we are attempting to thwart is an infection from the random aerosol viral cloud. If you're sitting across the booth of a "super spreader" motormouth flapping away for 2 hours... I don't know if anything is going to help, unless you are very still, don't move your mouth much, breath out of your nose, wear glasses, and toss your clothes and mask the moment you leave the restaurant. That's the situation where you want the offending party inside a mask too.

Good discussion!

So happy to find sanity in a thread full of.......... the opposite.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

You’re full of ****. That’s why we love you. Still, I’m not going to debate your BS.
              Of course you won't. And really, you shouldn't. Just observe and learn. Saves both of us time. And you're going to "discover" the same conclusion eventually either way.

T

Comment

I don't need to wish anything my friend. My compass is finely tuned. I was born deaf to the siren songs of the herd. :)

T

No. You and the “woke” herd are stampeding through life in tune with one ❤️.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

No. You and the “woke” herd are stampeding through life in tune with one ❤️.
                  Truth, logic, and the American Way!

That's my jam...

T

Comment

I don't need to wish anything my friend. My compass is finely tuned. I was born deaf to the siren songs of the herd. :)

T

You do understand you’re the one donning the herd philosophy with this one right?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm in a battle to educate and hopefully save just one more life. In that sense, I'm in a battle with ignorance. Which side are you on?

T

I truly believe the way you present your case turns a lot of people off and some may actually go out of the way to not wear a mask, just to spite you.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Sorry guys, I've been away, zooming across the universe battling Coronavirii with my bare, stinkin', hands...

So just thought I would update you all on the reality of the situation:

There are 10's of thousands of cases of the virus in our immediate area - hundreds of thousands in our state. There are of course millions of infections in our country.

Due to the incredible fail that is TestingGate, our nation is going to suffer more than it had to. I don't know who to blame for the testing failure, but if it was Trump calling for testing restrictions in hopes of lowering panic and keeping the market bolstered... he should feel shame.

As of a couple days ago Kansas and Missouri stated that they had only tested a handful of people. I even read on a local news site that there was NO CONFIRMED CASES OF COVID-19 IN SEDGWICK COUNTY!!!!111111ELEVEN. This would explain why the bars were all full, all weekend. Kansas and Missouri are going to suffer some of the worst losses (per capita) in the entire country when this is all said and done.

The masses cannot and will not understand that infectious disease outbreaks are weeks/months ahead of anything they sense, feel, or hear about in the "news". It is because of that fact, everybody (except those in the know) will be blind-sided when the vulnerable hit the shores of the ER's like a tidal wave.

We had a MASSIVE community infection episode last week when every single grocery store's parking lot was full of people trying to "beat the rush". What they actually did on that day is ensure the deaths of many thousands of people.

One influenza infected spreads the virus to 7 others; one Covid-19 infected spreads their gift to 28. This virus is resilient, robust, and could be considered airborne.

Considering massive numbers of infected are silent carriers and the typical incubation period is 2 weeks, I will shout the following in case anybody on this site is still deluded by the local media: IF YOU CONGREGATE WITH OTHERS IN THE SEDGWICK COUNTRY AREA, YOU WILL BE EXPOSED TO THIS VIRUS.

N95 masks aren't the total solution either. This virus enters the eyes easily. If you are caring for a sick relative, you will AT THE VERY LEAST need a properly fitted mask (and know how to take it off without infecting yourself) and EYE PROTECTION. Then of course you will have to wash your hands like an OCD fool, EVERYTIME you touch something that might have touched something that might have touched the infected.

The virus lasts for hours in the air, days on hard surfaces, and sheds (reproduces) for as long as 30 days on symptomatic, or asymptomatic people.

P.S. The "safe distance", if there is one regarding social distancing, is 12-15 ft, not the 6 ft that is commonly spewed.

P.P.S. The worse case scenario for this outbreak in America is 200M infected, and 6-7M dead.

P.P.P.S. The moment this country wakes up and goes on a communistic'esque lockdown is the moment we will see the peak in the outbreak (which will arrive around 3 weeks after people isolate). Until that happens we will either have a massive spike which will overload the hospitals and give us that 6-7M dead figure, or we will just continue to have mini-outbreaks all over the country for the next year to year and a half.

P.P.P.P.S. This outbreak was a big win for the Dims I suspect. It's times like these when a free society is willing to give up their freedoms for a little more security. Of course they regret it later but by then it's too late. People are mostly sheep and will go willingly to the slaughter if you just help them a little bit to be comfortable. I learned that lesson very early in life.

T

This is where the cold schtick on the subject began. Gives a little perspective on why they won’t let go of the narrative. Started over the top so nowhere else to go. I’m one of the silent observers and when a poster rambles repeatedly over and over again it just becomes noise.

Comment

You do understand you’re the one donning the herd philosophy with this one right?
                          One can walk to the beat of their own drum and still wind up in the same direction as the herd occasionally. Correlation does not equal causation.

In the case of Covid-19, herd instinct to run and hide may actually have quite a bit of "natural wisdom" to it.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

This is where the cold schtick on the subject began. Gives a little perspective on why they won’t let go of the narrative. Started over the top so nowhere else to go. I’m one of the silent observers and when a poster rambles repeatedly over and over again it just becomes noise.
                            LMFAO. Great post bump!
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I truly believe the way you present your case turns a lot of people off and some may actually go out of the way to not wear a mask, just to spite you.
                              The message remains the same regardless of the messenger. The logic is pure. My tone changes only to match the acerbity of my counterparty. I greet kindness with kindness.

If one finds that they disagree with the messenger then they are free to howl with discontent; but if it's the message they find fault in..., their next lesson will likely come from the ghost of Charles Darwin.

#BESMART

T

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Wow! Seems kind of prescient now doesn't it? It was just based on logic and the opinions of the best minds of our time.

I'm thankful I was a little early on the "10's of the thousands in our immediate area"; but at the time, it was a logical deduction based on the scope of the spread. I also hyped it up a touch to make sure everyone who read it was appropriately "scared straight".

"12-15 ft, not the 6 ft"

CHECK! -most of the doctors on the cutting edge of "Covid airborne" studies are recommending this range of spacing versus the traditional 6 ft.

"The worse case scenario for this outbreak in America is 200M infected, and 6-7M dead"

CHECK! -based on the earliest projections that was the worst case scenario, still is.

"The masses cannot and will not understand that infectious disease outbreaks are weeks/months ahead of anything they sense, feel, or hear about in the "news". It is because of that fact, everybody (except those in the know) will be blind-sided when the vulnerable hit the shores of the ER's like a tidal wave."

CHECK! -this happend in NYC AFTER my post.

"The virus lasts for hours in the air, days on hard surfaces, and sheds (reproduces) for as long as 30 days on symptomatic, or asymptomatic people."

CHECK!

"This outbreak was a big win for the Dims I suspect. It's times like these when a free society is willing to give up their freedoms for a little more security."

CHECK! -it didn't have to be a big win for the Dims. Had Trump continued to behave like he did during NYC's fiasco allowing the scientists to give direction and set policy, it would have been much less political. But when he went all Covidiot, he gave them gigabytes of campaign material.

"Due to the incredible fail that is TestingGate, our nation is going to suffer more than it had to. I don't know who to blame for the testing failure, but if it was Trump calling for testing restrictions in hopes of lowering panic and keeping the market bolstered... he should feel shame."

JESUS!... he literally did this. Four months after I posted it? Now even I am spooked a little. Nostradamus anyone?

Oh well, it ain't about my prognosticatin' abilities; It's about logic and science. But thanks for the (ego) bump. I really needed one. ;)

P.S. Shocktown makes - I think - my 6th personal attacker today! He called me "they" too, which I assume means Democrat? The brainwashing! lol

T

Comment

Working...
                                X