X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    I can get you in a 38" chamber.
    But I'm 42" with my shoes on.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Interesting comments following the tweet...

Bingo!!! They are creating more hysteria to influence and gain power over the citizens.

Case in point, see governor slickster here in California. He is a power hungry liberal dufus.
      Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; July 13, 2020, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Apparently Brandon whitson didn't get the memo that those 35 rooms, as Kung Wu mentioned, are the number dedicated to treating Covid-19 patients. That's a perfect example of the kind of ignorance getting spread around social media. I'm amazed at the lack of critical thinking I've seen (I probably shouldn't be) and the willingness to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Apparently Brandon whitson didn't get the memo that those 35 rooms, as Kung Wu mentioned, are the number dedicated to treating Covid-19 patients. That's a perfect example of the kind of ignorance getting spread around social media. I'm amazed at the lack of critical thinking I've seen (I probably shouldn't be) and the willingness to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon.
          35 is still a ridiculously low number to designate for an out of control pandemic that you think is going to only keep rising don’t you think?

Sounds like terrible planning or they really don’t think it’ll be that bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Bingo!!! They are creating more hysteria to influence and gain power over the citizens.

Case in point, see governor slickster here in California. He is a power hungry liberal dufus.
            So do you homeschool your kids? Are you going to homeschool them?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Apparently Brandon whitson didn't get the memo that those 35 rooms, as Kung Wu mentioned, are the number dedicated to treating Covid-19 patients. That's a perfect example of the kind of ignorance getting spread around social media. I'm amazed at the lack of critical thinking I've seen (I probably shouldn't be) and the willingness to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon.
              If you only have 35 people in the hospital, consider yourselves lucky and come back to have a discussion when you get to over 300, which would put you roughly where my area is, based on relative population.

Not only that, you can get creative like we are doing here - sending people home with oxygen bottles (and under observation) if they seem to be holding up well.

Comment

• According to KWCH there is more of a concern about qualified staff than beds. The original 35 beds for Covid are full, but there is plenty of room as they convert empty beds to Covid beds.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Wesley has trouble staffing ICU RNs on a busy non-Covid day.
                  Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

If you only have 35 people in the hospital, consider yourselves lucky and come back to have a discussion when you get to over 300, which would put you roughly where my area is, based on relative population.

Not only that, you can get creative like we are doing here - sending people home with oxygen bottles (and under observation) if they seem to be holding up well.
                    We are in the early stages. As of yesterday there were 54 patients hospitalized -- 27 of which are ICU. That's pretty strong growth over 32 and 10, respectively, the week prior.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Is it plausible that Wichita, similar to much of the southern parts of the country, is just now "getting" it, and that the shutdown in March-May was premature and did little except cause future staffing problems at the hospitals due to layoffs (except of course the lockdowns of the nursing/retirement facilities which I think we can all agree needed to happen as fast as possible)?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Is it plausible that Wichita, similar to much of the southern parts of the country, is just now "getting" it, and that the shutdown in March-May was premature and did little except cause future staffing problems at the hospitals due to layoffs (except of course the lockdowns of the nursing/retirement facilities which I think we can all agree needed to happen as fast as possible)?
                        I’ve thought this since the beginning. NYC got it and the whole country shut down.

This is where Faucci and the federal gov should be offering recommended trigger levels for shutting down/mask wearing based on positives/hospitalizations/deaths.

This is also why lockdown measures should occur on a county/state level.

Colorado is doing fine. They opened up at the same time as Georgia.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                          Wesley has trouble staffing ICU RNs on a busy non-Covid day.
                          If you get this as bad as we currently have it, the military will send you nurses and vent techs. That's what they are doing down here. That's a good tactical move, you could conceivably work your ER staff to breakdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I’ve thought this since the beginning. NYC got it and the whole country shut down.

This is where Faucci and the federal gov should be offering recommended trigger levels for shutting down/mask wearing based on positives/hospitalizations/deaths.

This is also why lockdown measures should occur on a county/state level.

Not to be a

but Colorado and Georgia are not doing well. Internationally, France and Spain are beginning to see upticks again. I quietly hope that with the high # of U.S. cases that we will burn this thing out a little more quickly than other parts of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

So do you homeschool your kids? Are you going to homeschool them?
                              My wife and I do and have homeschooled our kids. Not sure where you are going with this though. Seems like an odd question.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Colorado is lagging. They have not stopped covid, it is just percolating with 300-400 cases per day. They are just in a slow boil and don't realize it.

Comment

Working...
                                X