Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Sedgwick County has a little over 100 ICU beds total, I believe, but only 35 to handle covid-19 patients (at the moment).
    Much better. They can convert as needed. 35 was just effing terrifying to hear, even from afar.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Much better. They can convert as needed. 35 was just effing terrifying to hear, even from afar.
      Well I assume (but don't know) that the constrained resource is ventilators.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• That's not many vents.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Seems like Wichita hospitals should be able to commandeer a few vents since SpiritAerosystems put 700 employees on a special project with Vyaire to build 22000 ventilators at a facility at Eisenhower Airport for Uncle Sam.

Comment

That's not many vents.
            UPS some down from Omaha!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
              Seems like Wichita hospitals should be able to commandeer a few vents since SpiritAerosystems put 700 employees on a special project with Vyaire to build 22000 ventilators at a facility at Eisenhower Airport for Uncle Sam.
              Did they all go to New York during their go at it?

Comment

Did they all go to New York during their go at it?
                Article I read said training and production was ramping up in May. 22,000 would take some time to crank out. They’re using the old Honeywell building and the employee lot is always packed.

Comment

UPS some down from Omaha!
                  I dont know how many the city has. I do know that Nebraska Medicine has exactly 97 vents. This is due in large part from long work building the biocontainment unit and other initiatives Shelly Schwedhelm worked on. She was instrumental in much of this growth and was "hoarding" vents long before it was thought of as a good idea.

I have her on speed dial.
                  20200713_210030.jpg

Comment

• Interesting comments following the tweet...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Article I read said training and production was ramping up in May. 22,000 would take some time to crank out. They’re using the old Honeywell building and the employee lot is always packed.
                      Oof I read that as 2,200 first time. Very cool.

Well again I have no idea if ventilators are the resource constraint limiting us to 35 beds. That is speculation on my part because of the earlier national shortage of them.

Comment

I dont know how many the city has. I do know that Nebraska Medicine has exactly 97 vents. This is due in large part from long work building the biocontainment unit and other initiatives Shelly Schwedhelm worked on. She was instrumental in much of this growth and was "hoarding" vents long before it was thought of as a good idea.

I have her on speed dial.
                        20200713_210030.jpg
                        Something about those red marks made me...
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Boners.

Big wood.

Pulling the driver out.

Taking skinbone to tuna town.

Taking old one eye to the optometrist.

Comment

• Eggplant.

Comment

• Hey MoValley John are you holding a HBOT in an XL for me? I may temporarily relocate to Omaha to be on the safe side.

Comment

• I can get you in a 38" chamber.

Comment

Working...
                                X