Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

"Marginal benefit" indeed!

Do you realize there were 3 hospital admissions last week in Sedgwick County for coronavirus? And 1 discharge for a net of 2 sick people?

Three.

Drei.

Tres.

III.

Trois.

There are 516,000 people in Sedgwick County. 3 / 516,000 =0.0000058. Expressed as a percentage: 0.00058%.

Even expressed as a percent, that number is so close to zero my calculator spit out scientific numbers instead of just giving me the decimal number.

Marginal benefit is perhaps the understatement of the year. Well done!

Don't make me post the lilly pad video again brother. ;)

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      Don't make me post the lilly pad video again brother. ;)
      Okay that made me chuckle. LMAO

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

"Marginal benefit" indeed!

Do you realize there were 3 hospital admissions last week in Sedgwick County for coronavirus? And 1 discharge for a net of 2 sick people?

Three.

Drei.

Tres.

III.

Trois.

There are 516,000 people in Sedgwick County. 3 / 516,000 =0.0000058. Expressed as a percentage: 0.00058%.

Even expressed as a percent, that number is so close to zero my calculator spit out scientific numbers instead of just giving me the decimal number.

Marginal benefit is perhaps the understatement of the year. Well done!

Let me attempt to clarify the premise of your not-so-subtle argument for you if you'll allow me.

1) Sedgwick county has not seen a wave of emergency admissions

Therefore;

2) All this hubbub over Covid-19 is hogwash; it's not that infectious/dangerous

Therefore;

3) I do not need to social distance or practice simple prophylactic behaviors and I will troll CB until my fingers bleed.

Does that summarize things succinctly?

Here's reality:

https://www.euronews.com/2020/06/12/...ases-on-europe

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...us-spanish-flu

T

Comment

Let me attempt to clarify the premise of your not-so-subtle argument for you if you'll allow me.

1) Sedgwick county has not seen a wave of emergency admissions
          Incorrect. Sedgwick County did see a wave, but over the past 3 weeks (and probably 4, will know in a few days) the emergency room visits have now tapered off to nearly EXACT levels of the previous flu seasons.

That is different that hospital admissions -- which also saw a wave -- and have now tapered to almost zero (3.25/week for the past 4 weeks running).

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          2) All this hubbub over Covid-19 is hogwash; it's not that infectious/dangerous
          Close. The hubbub over COVID-19 WAS legit for awhile, but is not at this point in time. It could flare up again, but it has not in Sedgwick County. COVID-19 has not proven to be that dangerous relative to influenza: In Kansas less people died this past flu season than the average of the previous two flu seasons.

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          3) I do not need to social distance or practice simple prophylactic behaviors and I will troll CB until my fingers bleed.
          True! (until the data shows it flaring back up in some statistically meaningful way)

BTW -- Not bothering with your links, I am armed with actual real data relative to my locale.
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Incorrect. Sedgwick County did see a wave, but over the past 3 weeks (and probably 4, will know in a few days) the emergency room visits have now tapered off to nearly EXACT levels of the previous flu seasons.

That is different that hospital admissions -- which also saw a wave -- and have now tapered to almost zero (3.25/week for the past 4 weeks running).

Close. The hubbub over COVID-19 WAS legit for awhile, but is not at this point in time. It could flare up again, but it has not in Sedgwick County. COVID-19 has not proven to be that dangerous relative to influenza: In Kansas less people died this past flu season than the average of the previous two flu seasons.

True! (until the data shows it flaring back up in some statistically meaningful way)

BTW -- Not bothering with your links, I am armed with actual real data relative to my locale.

"Not bothering with your links"

I'm not surprised by this. One would have to be quite vigilant in order to maintain such delusion in the face of an ocean of clinical and real-world evidence.

"COVID-19 has not proven to be that dangerous relative to influenza"

"True! (until the data shows it flaring back up in some statistically meaningful way)"

Thanks for being honest! I suspected this attitude from the onset.

So I and others will do the heavy lifting to keep you safe. IF we fail, you'll start chipping in a little. Am I reading you correctly? Imagine if everybody had the same attitude as yours and waited to see the hospitals fill up before they got "scared straight". Oh wait... they did... in Italy, France, Spain, NYC, NJ, Brazil, UK, etc. etc. etc.

Okay, that does it. You obviously have not yet grasped the simple and elegant wisdom of the lily pad video.

INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

Comment

• You make me very sad Kung.

At least wufan says he will do the prudent thing WHILE he debates the Republican talking points. You have essentially said, "**** it! I'm right. And if I'm wrong? **** it!"

https://nypost.com/2020/05/18/florid...gets-infected/

Don't be this ^^ guy...

T

Comment

If masks don't work, doctors should stop wearing them tomorrow.

That one was easy.

Next?

T

Doctors and nurses wear surgical masks...because they are performing surgery. Surgery consists of a soar open to your blood stream and sometimes your organs. A simple staph infection will kill you, let alone all the other yeast and bacteria in your mouth. Surgical masks do a great job of stopping the spread of yeast and bacteria.

Livin the dream

Comment

I mean, do you really need a triple-blind, peer reviewed, 10-year study for confirmation while we're in the middle of a pandemic, with multiple countries already crushed (or being crushed) and a PIVOTAL election right around the corner?

Don't be biased. Be logical and practical.

T

Don’t need 10 years, but the study I proposed would take about 3 weeks. EVERY epidemiology organization, when they aren’t saying racism kills more people than Covid, is saying that masks WITH social distancing prevents the spread. It’s not based on science. Stop science denying.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coron...132702304.html

Our bars are packed every weekend. :(

I'm not happy with Trump's plans to have packed rallies.

I visited the Dentist recently. Mouth jacked open for half an hour. :/ But they were wearing masks so I was cool. Actually, the young girl had hers around her neck at first. She was like, "Can you remove your mask please?" I was like, "As soon as you put yours on sweetie..." She did not give AF. Some in here seem like they don't either. Weird.

T

Good for you. You know what’s different about that scenario than the one you are arguing? You aren’t social distancing. You are literally inches away from someone with your mouth wide open for a prolonged period. You know that no one is saying that protects against Covid don’t you?
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Doctors and nurses wear surgical masks...because they are performing surgery. Surgery consists of a soar open to your blood stream and sometimes your organs. A simple staph infection will kill you, let alone all the other yeast and bacteria in your mouth. Surgical masks do a great job of stopping the spread of yeast and bacteria.

I would estimate that 80% of the doctors' and nurses' interaction with patients while wearing masks doesn't occur during surgery.

T

Comment

Good for you. You know what’s different about that scenario than the one you are arguing? You aren’t social distancing. You are literally inches away from someone with your mouth wide open for a prolonged period. You know that no one is saying that protects against Covid don’t you?
                        "You know that no one is saying that protects against Covid don’t you?"

No one is saying what doesn't protect against Covid, masks?

Better tell that to Trump's top infectious disease experts.

Why are they trying to mislead us? Do you think they're both invested up to the gills in mask companies?

T

Comment

"You know that no one is saying that protects against Covid don’t you?"

No one is saying what doesn't protect against Covid, masks?

Better tell that to Trump's top infectious disease experts.

Why are they trying to mislead us? Do you think they're both invested up to the gills in mask companies?

T

You misunderstand. All of the orgs say social distancing plus masks. It you are within 6 foot for more than 15 min, then you are violating rule 1.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Positive tests clearly aren't are serious overall as originally thought. Some media is not using data in full context. There is still not a hospital capacity issue.

Also, TWO FREAKING THIRDS of Kansas cases are in the two places: prisons and meat-packing. 2/3!!

Comment

You misunderstand. All of the orgs say social distancing plus masks. It you are within 6 foot for more than 15 min, then you are violating rule 1.
                              Well, I need my teeth so...

CB scared the poor little thing. But you just knew she was hittin' the clubs all weekend. She actually looked offended when I told her to MASK UP!

T

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                                Positive tests clearly aren't are serious overall as originally thought. Some media is not using data in full context. There is still not a hospital capacity issue.

Also, TWO FREAKING THIRDS of Kansas cases are in the two places: prisons and meat-packing. 2/3!!
                                Indeed. Kansas is "under control" for the moment. But you would agree would you not sir, that we have the potential to get out of control? I mean, the same virus that has humbled a dozen or more countries around the globe and the greatest city in America could certainly humble good ol' Doodah, right? We don't have a special protection over our fair town do we? It's up to each one of us to act as little shields for our community by not allowing ourselves to get infected. So what methodology would be the safest without totally crippling our country? I say the following:

1) Wear a mask when out in public places (not required outdoors) and attempt to stay 6ft away from others.

This means no indoor dining, clubbing, etc.

Restaurants and clubs must serve their patrons outside. And yes, we need to legalize drinking outside.

I don't know about sporting events. Of course everybody has to wear a mask but they'll take it off if there are refreshments.

T

Comment

Working...
                                X