Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
    Last comment, if another $1200 Check goes out to individuals, coupled with the action the Federal Reserve has taken, the economy could bounce back extremely fast. Like Q4 fast. Anything direct to consumer is going to thrive.

I know this much government intervention pains some of the libertarians on this board but if the federal government provides a “bridge” during this process to the other side, we will likely all be better off (in the near term anyways).
    Libertarians should generally be behind some level of payout. The gov suspended some rights of the people. The people should be compensated.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Four straight days of record high new cases here in Winston-Salem. Unfortunately, the virus wasn’t really “here” for the last 6 weeks, and right at the time where it actually is here and spreading randomly through the community, the political will power to take action is exhausted. We will be reopening fully next Friday and it is possible that it will only exacerbate the current rise.

Many areas will find they played their cards too early and will not be able to take the necessary steps to mitigate spread when it actually is spreading rampant in the community.
      Do you have a chart for daily hospitalizations for Winston-Salem and/or Forsyth?
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• This is a good read from a Minnesota Mayo Clinic ICU intensivist who volunteered for a few days at a NYC hospital in late April.

https://thedispatch.com/p/a-doctors-...om-a-covid-icu

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Libertarians should generally be behind some level of payout. The gov suspended some rights of the people. The people should be compensated.
          Since all of the government's revenues come from the people this is really the people compensating the people. That said I have no problem helping out my fellow citizens especially those hurt the most by this pandemic Both my wife and I have been able to work through this pandemic and at least financially we have not been hurt too badly at this point. I would gladly return the check we received and that may well be the case when I file my 2020 returns as once I file my 2019 return I probably would not qualify for the payment anyway as that was an unusually good year for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Do you have a chart for daily hospitalizations for Winston-Salem and/or Forsyth?
            I think hospitalizations tell the better story, not reported cases
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

They only update once per week. Won't have case data from this past week until Monday. The hospital system, considering we have Wake Forest Medical Center here, is not even close to being taxed as of yet. The chart also implies some long-term hospitalizations if you just go from a patient in-patient out rough calculation. Which is to be expected.

The % positive of tests is 25% in the county, at the moment.
              Last edited by wsushox1; May 16, 2020, 04:04 PM.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

They only update once per week. Won't have case data from this past week until Monday. The hospital system, considering we have Wake Forest Medical Center here, is not even close to being taxed as of yet. The chart also implies some long-term hospitalizations if you just go from a patient in-patient out rough calculation. Which is to be expected.

The % positive of tests is 25% in the county, at the moment.
                Yeah so, new cases is not a barometer by any stretch anymore. The testing methodology has morphed. That chart is the one to watch to see if you have a problem. I don't know what your county's population is but 16 people in the hospital as of May 10 with the last death being on April 15, doesn't scream concern to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I think hospitalizations tell the better story, not reported cases
                  For sure. Unfortunately it's not always easy to get that data.

Comment

• I think McPherson county has had 26 cases with 18 full recoveries and no deaths since mid-March. Any hospitalizations for us would go to Wichita, Salina, or Hutch. I don’t know that we’ve had any.

W/O looking it up, Mac county has a population of about 28K, so we have a 1/1000 infection rate with half of those being a cluster in a group home.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/18/h...imes&smtyp=cur

Some more fantastic news.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        I think McPherson county has had 26 cases with 18 full recoveries and no deaths since mid-March. Any hospitalizations for us would go to Wichita, Salina, or Hutch. I don’t know that we’ve had any.

W/O looking it up, Mac county has a population of about 28K, so we have a 1/1000 infection rate with half of those being a cluster in a group home.
                        Read where Reno County had 41 cases with 41 full recoveries...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Read where Reno County had 41 cases with 41 full recoveries...

It is interesting that Reno county reports 41 cases, and the state reports 51 cases for Reno.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

It is interesting that Reno county reports 41 cases, and the state reports 51 cases for Reno.
                            My ole memory isn't always the best... could have been 51 and 51?
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

My ole memory isn't always the best... could have been 51 and 51?
                              No, your memory is good. Even the Reno county health department doesn’t understand why their numbers were increased by the state.

Comment

• US COVID-19 vaccine green lighted for second stage of human testing

The study, which was not designed to prove the vaccine works, offered an early glimmer of hope that it could provide protection against the virus.

Comment

Working...
                                X