X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    US COVID-19 vaccine green lighted for second stage of human testing

https://www.jpost.com/health-science...promise-628460
    If future studies go well, the company's vaccine could be available to the public as early as January, Dr. Tal Zaks, Moderna's chief medical officer, told CNN.

"T his is absolutely good news and news that we think many have been waiting for for quite some time," Zaks said.

Volunteers who received Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine had positive early results, according to the biotech company, which partnered with the National Institutes of Health to develop the vaccine.

Comment

It is interesting that Reno county reports 41 cases, and the state reports 51 cases for Reno.
      Which instills little confidence in our Gov. Kelly when she announced her modified 1.5 reopening phase last week as she stated, "our reopening efforts must be driven by data not dates" what set of data are the state officials using? I believe it is a mishmash of b/s that fits there own criteria. She says stuff like this then punts to Dr Norman when asked for facts. I just think she is scared to be held ultimately responsible for the outcome after the fact. All the while not realizing Kansas could be a economic winner if we open up sooner rather than later by her leading.

Comment

No, your memory is good. Even the Reno county health department doesn’t understand why their numbers were increased by the state.
        Guess I'm not losing it yet... :)

“Reno County remains at 41 cases, with 41 recovered,” Health Department director Nick Baldetti announced. “So, we’re at zero active cases in Reno County, which is some good news.”

https://www.hutchnews.com/news/20200...in-reno-county
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

No, your memory is good. Even the Reno county health department doesn’t understand why their numbers were increased by the state.
          Probably data entry typo.
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Which instills little confidence in our Gov. Kelly when she announced her modified 1.5 reopening phase last week as she stated, "our reopening efforts must be driven by data not dates" what set of data are the state officials using? I believe it is a mishmash of b/s that fits there own criteria. She says stuff like this then punts to Dr Norman when asked for facts. I just think she is scared to be held ultimately responsible for the outcome after the fact. All the while not realizing Kansas could be a economic winner if we open up sooner rather than later by her leading.
            So what are your criteria? I would like to see what they are.

Comment

If future studies go well, the company's vaccine could be available to the public as early as January, Dr. Tal Zaks, Moderna's chief medical officer, told CNN.

"T his is absolutely good news and news that we think many have been waiting for for quite some time," Zaks said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/18/healt...lts/index.html
              I just watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes last night, so I am going to hold off until we see if these eight people's offspring have bright eyes before I take the vaccine.

Comment

If the public wasn't so quick to blame politicians for everything, I think better decisions would be made everywhere. However, as long as we are going to put blood on the hands of politicians for literally everything, then this is what we are going to get. Apparently this thing called death was eradicated at some point and but for politicians we would all live forever. So when someone dies, must be a politicians fault because surely a law or almighty guv'ment could have prevented it.

Not a fan of hers, but she is going with the flow.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

If the public wasn't so quick to blame politicians for everything, I think better decisions would be made everywhere. However, as long as we are going to put blood on the hands of politicians for literally everything, then this is what we are going to get. Apparently this thing called death was eradicated at some point and but for politicians we would all live forever. So when someone dies, must be a politicians fault because surely a law or almighty guv'ment could have prevented it.

Not a fan of hers, but she is going with the flow.
                  absolutely. And not only that, it seems like liberals want to put the blame for this entirely on Trump. I think if we had been fortunate enough to have the 'perfect' president for this calamity, all the preparation in the world and every set of facts aligned, there would still have been needless deaths and a shut down economy AND no vaccine or 'rosetta stone' treatment that would have drastically reduced the potential number of casualties going forward.

Not to say that I think Trump has provided sterling leadership. He has not in my opinion. However, it gets really easy to blame him for everything and to me, that would be incorrect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I just watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes last night, so I am going to hold off until we see if these eight people's offspring have bright eyes before I take the vaccine.
                    Our nextdoor site got taken over by anti-vaxxers ranting on about the evils of vaccines. I almost got kicked off because I kept replying to them 'flunked science'.

However, if you really took the time to understand the scientific framework and how it applies to vaccine development and testing, it might cause you to be more supportive of how/what gets put into these medicines, instead of ranting and showing your ignorance.

Comment

That’s why I don’t imagine these decisions are being taken lightly, agree or disagree with them. She, and all others in her position, will be blamed by one outspoken set of the public or the other for the fallout of whatever decision is made.

Comment

Aren't you the same person who said you'd sign up for an experimental vaccine with no hesitation?

Plus, having children with bright eyes has gotta be worth at least one season of a reality TV show right??
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Read where Reno County had 41 cases with 41 full recoveries...

doing this from memory, but....Harper county with 1, which was a false positive, Kingman county with 0, Pratt county with 2, both of which worked there, lived elsewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

Aren't you the same person who said you'd sign up for an experimental vaccine with no hesitation?

Plus, having children with bright eyes has gotta be worth at least one season of a reality TV show right??
                            LOL I don't think I said that. I think I said people should be able to during a crisis, if they are fully informed of the risk. I sure might though, if I am knocking on death's door.

That said, if you know of any experimental craft beer, I'm down to try it in pretty much any condition that I'm in. In the name of science.

Comment

Probably data entry typo.
                              If it was that it would have been fixed by now. I suspect it because Kelley has changed the counting criteria to include "probable" cases.

Comment

LOL I don't think I said that. I think I said people should be able to during a crisis, if they are fully informed of the risk. I sure might though, if I am knocking on death's door.

That said, if you know of any experimental craft beer, I'm down to try it in pretty much any condition that I'm in. In the name of science.
                                Once we whip this nasty virus' a$$, the Shockernet crew can meet at "Hank is Wiser Brewery" in Cheney for some experimenting... I'm tellin' you, ole Hank and his son Steve are 'wise' beyond their years and make some great concoctions. Who knows, one of them might even post here occasionally.

Oops, sorry... the thought of craft beer often takes me to a 'barely and hops' wonderland.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X