Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

And New York is nearly half of it. They have got to rein it in.
    How do they rein it in?
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

How do they rein it in?
      I wish I knew.

Last edited by Kung Wu; March 27, 2020, 07:57 PM.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Man, this would be the optimal time for bridge engineers and repair crews to go crazy on large bridges.

Comment

• Here is story on how they selected one beach in florida and tracked their devices as they went back home.

Comment

I dig this quote from Michael Buble:

“Your grandparents were asked to go to war, and all you’re being asked to do is to sit on the couch.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

The "Preachy" Atheist is just as bad as the "Preachy" Evangelical. #BeBest
              133457-untitled-design-4.jpg

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 28, 2020, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                Oh dear... how ever will I sleep at night..

Comment

• I'm seeing a possible inflection point for New York! Unless my data is old -- can anybody confirm they see the same thing?

Comment

I'm seeing a possible inflection point for New York! Unless my data is old -- can anybody confirm they see the same thing?
                    Haven’t seen the analysis online and not tracking individually, but the US curve is bending. When NY state is 40% of confirmed cases and NY metro is 30%, I would have to think it is true.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Haven’t seen the analysis online and not tracking individually, but the US curve is bending. When NY state is 40% of confirmed cases and NY metro is 30%, I would have to think it is true.
                      Yeah if you are seeing US bending, then New York hit an inflection point. Good news!

Comment

I'm seeing a possible inflection point for New York! Unless my data is old -- can anybody confirm they see the same thing?

NY Data.JPG

Here is the NY State data. Plotted before the stay at home order and after. You can see the effect of "Stay at Home Order"

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

NY Data.JPG

Here is the NY State data. Plotted before the stay at home order and after. You can see the effect of "Stay at Home Order"
                          Hmm, I would have thought yesterday dropped a little, but my data may not be updated yet. Regardless, yes the stay at home seems to be helping quite a bit.

Comment

• Fauci expecting 100,000 - 200,000 US deaths?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Hmm, I would have thought yesterday dropped a little, but my data may not be updated yet. Regardless, yes the stay at home seems to be helping quite a bit.
                              NYC growth factor was 1.13, NY State was 1.04 for yesterday data.

You can go to any state and look at historical data here:

Our most up-to-date data on COVID-19 in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                Fauci expecting 100,000 - 200,000 US deaths?
                                100,000. Death rate seems to be increasing, I'd say we might hit 2%. Last I looked, Italy was up around 7%.

Dr. Fauci is predicting 1M infectuons.

Death rate will depend on how our hospitals hold up. The death rate is a lagging indicator, I would suspect it has something to do with the impact of morbidity and availability of good healthcare, but would probably be more dependent on good healthcare (ERs not getting overcrowded, availability of health equipment - especially ventillators).

If ERs get overwhelmed, we may see areas where the death rate is significantly over 2%. Also note in rural areas, the hospitals will get taxed much quicker due to small size.

I would think that people living in cities might have a chance to fare better, primarily because it will be easier for them to get resources. Rural areas willing have a tougher time getting those resources, especially if we have to employ a strategy of putting those resources where they will save the most lives. However, that is only my opinion, and I would bet that others may have effective arguments against my logic.

Comment

Working...
                                X