No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to hear about testing challenges in America when a tiny country like S. Korea has been testing 10k+ daily for weeks. I believe there was an attempted cover up. I hope there wasn't an attempted cover up.

The reason testing is so important is because, for the majority of Americans, it seems it's the only thing they will listen to. If Kansans knew how many cases were really in their state they wouldn't have been filling the bars to overflow status last weekend and the weekends prior.

I have been altering my behavior for weeks... since before the "first case" (lol) in Wichita was reported.

I guarantee we've had Coronavirus in this country since 2019. We have tremendous cross traffic between America and China. They kept the virus on the down-low for over a month. During that time tons of infected Chinese were able to enter this country and others.

The incredibly ludicrous testing parameters that were put in place when "we" first discovered the virus was in America, caused thousands to be turned away because their symptoms weren't "severe enough". I could flood this site with personal testimony of folks coming down with the virus who had that exact thing happen to them at their doctor's office. This friends is how you take a potentially controllable situation and turn it into a worst-case scenario. If I had a nickel for every time an elderly person told me, "But... but... KAKE told me there are no cases in Sedgwick County!" It breaks my heart.

Please use apps to purchase your groceries and food items. There is very little danger of eating out as long as you carryout. Purchase your order on the restaurant's app and pay for it ahead of time and then just pull up to the window and they'll drop the bag in your hands. Then all you have to do is wash/clean your hands/table after coming in contact with the bag/wrapper and you're pretty safe.

There is literally nothing you cannot buy remotely with your credit card and have either delivered to your door or dropped into your trunk.
    Please learn to not touch your face even if your hands are "clean". We can cut down on 50% of the transmissions if people would just stop picking their nose or rubbing their eyes. Use the inside of your shirt or something. The nose and the eyes are massive gateways. Eating infected food is very low risk.

This isn't necessarily about saving your life, it is about saving the life of another who may be weaker.

I could scare the fk out of you all by going on and on about things like permanent lung scarring and people still having shortness of breath after being clear of the virus, or the rumors about reinfection cases (possible testing errors), but let's just say this isn't a drill.

I don't even want to start in about the economic dangers we are facing. It's perhaps even more frightening than this ridiculous bug. Please don't sit at home and do nothing. Buy **** online: Amazon/Wal-Mart/Target/Etc.; use the apps and carryout at restaurants. Nibble a little in the stock market (LONG PLEASE). Basically just spend money any way you can. Our economy is like 80% consumerism. If we all just sit home and do nothing for a month..... we won't have anything left to come back to when the smoke clears.

T

Comment

• Here is a TED Talk back in 2015 by Bill Gates.

The next outbreak? We’re not ready | Bill Gates
      Last edited by 1979Shocker; March 17, 2020, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• A chilling scientific paper helped upend U.S. and U.K. coronavirus strategies

Comment

• Mnuchin warns virus could yield 20% jobless rate without action

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            Sorry guys, I've been away, zooming across the universe battling Coronavirii with my bare, stinkin', hands...

So just thought I would update you all on the reality of the situation:

There are 10's of thousands of cases of the virus in our immediate area - hundreds of thousands in our state. There are of course millions of infections in our country.

Due to the incredible fail that is TestingGate, our nation is going to suffer more than it had to. I don't know who to blame for the testing failure, but if it was Trump calling for testing restrictions in hopes of lowering panic and keeping the market bolstered... he should feel shame.

As of a couple days ago Kansas and Missouri stated that they had only tested a handful of people. I even read on a local news site that there was NO CONFIRMED CASES OF COVID-19 IN SEDGWICK COUNTY!!!!111111ELEVEN. This would explain why the bars were all full, all weekend. Kansas and Missouri are going to suffer some of the worst losses (per capita) in the entire country when this is all said and done.

The masses cannot and will not understand that infectious disease outbreaks are weeks/months ahead of anything they sense, feel, or hear about in the "news". It is because of that fact, everybody (except those in the know) will be blind-sided when the vulnerable hit the shores of the ER's like a tidal wave.

We had a MASSIVE community infection episode last week when every single grocery store's parking lot was full of people trying to "beat the rush". What they actually did on that day is ensure the deaths of many thousands of people.

One influenza infected spreads the virus to 7 others; one Covid-19 infected spreads their gift to 28. This virus is resilient, robust, and could be considered airborne.

Considering massive numbers of infected are silent carriers and the typical incubation period is 2 weeks, I will shout the following in case anybody on this site is still deluded by the local media: IF YOU CONGREGATE WITH OTHERS IN THE SEDGWICK COUNTRY AREA, YOU WILL BE EXPOSED TO THIS VIRUS.

N95 masks aren't the total solution either. This virus enters the eyes easily. If you are caring for a sick relative, you will AT THE VERY LEAST need a properly fitted mask (and know how to take it off without infecting yourself) and EYE PROTECTION. Then of course you will have to wash your hands like an OCD fool, EVERYTIME you touch something that might have touched something that might have touched the infected.

The virus lasts for hours in the air, days on hard surfaces, and sheds (reproduces) for as long as 30 days on symptomatic, or asymptomatic people.

P.S. The "safe distance", if there is one regarding social distancing, is 12-15 ft, not the 6 ft that is commonly spewed.

P.P.S. The worse case scenario for this outbreak in America is 200M infected, and 6-7M dead.

P.P.P.S. The moment this country wakes up and goes on a communistic'esque lockdown is the moment we will see the peak in the outbreak (which will arrive around 3 weeks after people isolate). Until that happens we will either have a massive spike which will overload the hospitals and give us that 6-7M dead figure, or we will just continue to have mini-outbreaks all over the country for the next year to year and a half.

P.P.P.P.S. This outbreak was a big win for the Dims I suspect. It's times like these when a free society is willing to give up their freedoms for a little more security. Of course they regret it later but by then it's too late. People are mostly sheep and will go willingly to the slaughter if you just help them a little bit to be comfortable. I learned that lesson very early in life.

T

This guy gets it.

Comment

• So what happened to all the Trump Thumpers here? You know, the ones who listen to Rush Limbaugh and who think this whole thing is a hoax? Perhaps they saw their favorite on-air personality actually start telling the truth?

Everyone have a nice day!

Comment

• A different perspective

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Lack of insight/data should drive more conservative decisions from government. I'm sure they have enough data to make 'educated' guesses, but I would also point out Dr. Fauci would probably disagree with the author, as he was calling for a 2% death rate, which was exactly where we were at last check. I just checked the CDC site and it looks like it is a little behind.

I would consider Fauci more of a SME than a university professor. I have a great deal of respect for Stanford and I do see the guy is an epidemiologist, but what neither of us know is how deep is he in the data. Fauci is knee-deep, therefore, I would give him more creedence.

Comment

• Confirmed US cases over the past week (my own recording of the data from Johns Hopkins, in the AM):

Mar 12 - 13: 4717 to 5065, +348
                    Mar 13 - 16: 5065 to 6513, +1448 (or extrapolated over three days, approximately +400, +500, +600)
                    Mar 16 - 17: 6513 to 7330, +817
                    Mar 17 - 18: 7330 to 8248, +918

That's a pretty clear trend. If it continues, we should expect to see close to 15,000 confirmed by Monday. My own personal guess is that the actual number is, at a minimum, 10x that.

I am hoping we'll see an inflection point somewhere in the next week, but I'm not optimistic.
                    Last edited by RoyalShock; March 18, 2020, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                      So what happened to all the Trump Thumpers here? You know, the ones who listen to Rush Limbaugh and who think this whole thing is a hoax? Perhaps they saw their favorite on-air personality actually start telling the truth?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...ia-influencers

Everyone have a nice day!
                      I get tired of these "left" or "right" leaning political hit jobs. Right now, there should be more working together than there is, and Trump takes more than his share of "hit" questions from the left wing media which dominates our media landscape. To the left media, he can't do anything right. He never said that Coronavirus was a hoax and the attack that he did was a hoax of the "left".

Right now, we don't know what will happen and how long it will happen. The curve is more likely to flatten here in the midwest earlier than in places like California, Washington, New York, and Florida (where some of the cities like Clearwater haven't included their beaches in their actions). Those kids will likely bring it back to where they live when Spring break is over. Again, we need to be working together and our CDC experts are taking the lead on the steps we are taking.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        Confirmed US cases over the past week (my own recording of the data from Johns Hopkins, in the AM):

Mar 13 - 16: 5065 to 6513, +1448 (or extrapolated over three days, approximately +400, +500, +600)

That's a pretty clear trend. If it continues, we should expect to see close to 15,000 confirmed by Monday. My own personal guess is that the actual number is, at a minimum, 10x that.

I am hoping we'll see an inflection point somewhere in the next week, but I'm not optimistic.
                        I would add a couple zeros to your multiplier...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I get tired of these "left" or "right" leaning political hit jobs. Right now, there should be more working together than there is, and Trump takes more than his share of "hit" questions from the left wing media which dominates our media landscape. To the left media, he can't do anything right. He never said that Coronavirus was a hoax and the attack that he did was a hoax of the "left".

Right now, we don't know what will happen and how long it will happen. The curve is more likely to flatten here in the midwest earlier than in places like California, Washington, New York, and Florida (where some of the cities like Clearwater haven't included their beaches in their actions). Those kids will likely bring it back to where they live when Spring break is over. Again, we need to be working together and our CDC experts are taking the lead on the steps we are taking.
                          I agree that we should be focusing on working together, but Trump absolutely downplayed the danger early on.

As far as I can tell, Trump never said 'this is a hoax' directly, but he did say the coronavirus was the Democrats "new hoax" on Feb 28 and on March he tweeted that the Democratic Party is inflaming the situation beyond what the facts would warrant. And maybe statements that we have it under control.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            Confirmed US cases over the past week (my own recording of the data from Johns Hopkins, in the AM):

Most statistical modeling on infected that are not yet showing symptoms or were not tested for one reason or another are 3X to 10X. These are epidemiologists. You can draw your own conclusions on their accuracy.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Why? Because you self-diagnosed?
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Because it just feels like it?
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X