No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Governor Kathy Hochul goes on unhinged religious rant, says “The vaccine is from God” and “I need you to be my Apostles”:

this biotch infrigginsane

Jason Whitlock @WhitlockJason
    Is this biblically sound?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      https://apple.news/AE-s3DaP3SZWlI31Vx4l4Dg

Bad news for the fear mongers.
      Smart man.

Comment

• This issue has gone really off the rails. Regardless of any issue, the left always seems to take it off the cliff.

I get PSAs to get the vaccine, and research to convince people and trying to encourage those who are at risk to get it. I think it's smart, but why, if you are vaccinated do you feel the need to go full Hitler on this thing toward those who cannot hurt you?

There is a lot of psycho-analysis that I believe is at play here, but I don't want to write a book, and not sure I can put it into words anyway. But it has to do with empty souls yearning for acceptance from anywhere they can, and desperately feeling the need to please the perceived masses, as opposed to having an indivudual identity that they can draw worth and happiness from. It's a sad state to be in, and will continue to reincarnate itself on any social issue.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

You are an insane person. Seek help.
          He means that an alpha man should protect him from bullies. Some people are just NPCs.
          Livin the dream

Comment

https://apple.news/AE-s3DaP3SZWlI31Vx4l4Dg

Bad news for the fear mongers.
            Delta is already waning. Knowing that R0 for delta is 5, it will only wane when herd immunity is met, and that is when 1-1/R0 = 80% of the population has immunity. So we know at least 80% of the country has antibodies (and has since early Sept).

Further evidence of this, is that the nation's Rt has been at or below 1.0 since Sept 11, according to a Harvard nerd. I think we can show his model is too conservative - we hit delta herd immunity a week earlier than that from what I see.

The only thing that can cause another spike is if an R0 > 5 variant comes along in the next few months. It would have to be substantially above 5 as well ... R0 = 6, 7, 8 likely wouldn't be contagious enough to cause a mass breakout. Or it would have to mutate into another strain altogether. Both of those are seriously unlikely events.

Vaccination status is now a moot point from a societal standpoint. But still very important on an individual basis if you are in a risky category.

Normal November is nigh!!!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Delta is already waning. Knowing that R0 for delta is 5, it will only wane when herd immunity is met, and that is when 1-1/R0 = 80% of the population has immunity. So we know at least 80% of the country has antibodies (and has since early Sept).

Further evidence of this, is that the nation's Rt has been at or below 1.0 since Sept 11, according to a Harvard nerd. I think we can show his model is too conservative - we hit delta herd immunity a week earlier than that from what I see.

The only thing that can cause another spike is if an R0 > 5 variant comes along in the next few months. It would have to be substantially above 5 as well ... R0 = 6, 7, 8 likely wouldn't be contagious enough to cause a mass breakout. Or it would have to mutate into another strain altogether. Both of those are seriously unlikely events.

Vaccination status is now a moot point from a societal standpoint. But still very important on an individual basis if you are in a risky category.

Normal November is nigh!!!
              Now what will cold talk about?
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

20 yr old college athletes with their shirts off at scrimmages.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

LMFAO!!!

You forgot the word male….

Comment

… and a ‘moist’ towel…

P.S. I’ll bet Cold is a regular at the laundromat.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

… and a ‘moist’ towel…

P.S. I’ll bet Cold is a regular at the laundromat.
                      AntiViralGreen.png

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Two obvious arguments:

1) We could lose herd immunity if our population's immunity levels wane -- for example if the vaccine "wears off" or if a new much more contagious variant surfaces.

A ton of research is around antibodies (because it is easy and inexpensive to research antibodies), and we know those fall off more rapidly than we hoped for mRNA vaccines. But as I discussed before, cellular response is even more important as it is really the long term defense against Covid-19. The good news is we know that cellular response in vaccinated people is quite good and likely long lasting (Penn Med).

2) While Rt < 1 (which means herd immunity is obtained), it's only slightly below 1 so far (0.9x for about three weeks). Nobody should jump for joy when it's _just_ below 1.

It's definitely creeping in the right direction.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Twenty percent of border crossers tested positive amid delta variant surge, 'surprised' Mayorkas says

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

I would comment, but I dont watch Tucker Carlson, I don't watch Fox and I don't watch CNN, either. I'm not sur what the vaccine and religion are doing in an argument. Vaccines are akin to the two boats and a helicopter joke.
                            It unfortunately was at the top of my Google search: "Coronavirus". I knew it would be insane, but was floored w/ all the multi-dimensional PSYOPs contained therein. He absolutely should be sued/charged/flogged for his wanton disregard for the impact his words are having on a very vulnerable (deluded) segment of society.

I searched YouTube and found a video describing EXACTLY what he is doing. A former FOX NEWS chief political correspondent and employee w/ the company for TWO DECADES speaks candidly. I would hope that a few of you on here would watch it. Carl Cameron is speaking the truth.

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; September 29, 2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

It unfortunately was at the top of my Google search: "Coronavirus". I knew it would be insane, but was floored w/ all the multi-dimensional PSYOPs contained therein. He's absolutely should be sued/charged/flogged for his wanton disregard for the impact his words are having on a very vulnerable (deluded) segment of society.

I searched YouTube and found a video describing EXACTLY what he is doing. A former FOX NEWS chief political correspondent speaks candidly. I would hope that a few of you on here would watch it. Carl Cameron is speaking the truth.

He’s an opinion journalist. Is he only allowed to have approved opinions?

The China Virus brought more to the US than just the disease.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Republicans remain much more resistant to coronavirus vaccines than Black Americans

And now, efforts to convince Republicans to get vaccinated against the coronavirus are being met with, “Well, what about Black people?”

Since it became obvious several months ago that the country’s overall vaccination rate was being hampered by resistance from Republicans — resistance clearly linked to skepticism fostered by conservative media and celebrated by Trump — that rejoinder has cropped up. Sure, Republican vaccination rates are low, but so are Black vaccination rates. Why aren’t Democrats complaining about that? Clearly because of hypocrisy.
                                That argument has never been robust for an immediately obvious reason. Black vaccination rates are low compared to White Americans — but that’s because White Democrats are so heavily vaccinated. Data from Kaiser Family Foundation polling has shown that repeatedly, including new data published Tuesday morning. Whites and Blacks are about equally likely to say they’re vaccinated (about 7 in 10 of each) while White Democrats are far more likely than White Republicans to say that they are (93 percent to 60 percent). White Republicans are also far more likely to say they won’t get vaccinated, a position one-fifth of that group holds.
                                It’s also useful to note that the Republican numbers are actually boosted by high uptake rates among older Republicans. Among White Republicans under the age of 65, only 54 percent say they’ve gotten a vaccine dose; 23 percent say they won’t. Among Black Americans under 65, two-thirds say they’ve gotten a dose, and only 12 percent say they won’t.

Comment

Working...
                                X