No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This video is a little long, but has great information on how science is used to mislead the public. Specifically, it goes into vaccine trials, but also goes into a lot about public policy decisions and messaging.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      This video is a little long, but has great information on how science is used to mislead the public. Specifically, it goes into vaccine trials, but also goes into a lot about public policy decisions and messaging.
      I would watch your video if you could post it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I would watch your video if you could post it.

Here it is.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Sedgwick County now a ‘rapid riser’ in COVID rates as CDC reports positivity above 5%

Federal public health officials have newly classified Sedgwick County as a “rapid riser,” coinciding with reports that the local positive COVID-19 test rate is back above 5%.

The White House COVID-19 Task Force’s data as of Friday showed Sedgwick County was recently added as a “rapid riser.” The county has “moderate burden” — which is a step below “emerging hotspot” — and “substantial” community spread. The data was published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

With the worsening from “moderate” to “substantial” transmission, “everyday activities should be limited to reduce spread and protect the health care system,” the data report states. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said “prevention strategies should be intensified” in communities with substantial spread.
          Sedgwick County had a rate of 60.65 new COVID-19 cases per 100,000 people over the last seven days. That was a drop of about 17% from the previous week. The case rate is in the orange zone.

The seven-day positive test rate was 5.41%. The coronavirus positivity rate is in the yellow zone and has more than doubled from the 2.5% reported exactly one month ago.
          Sedgwick County has been climbing the vaccination rankings in the past month, but still ranks in the bottom-half of the state.

As of Sunday, the CDC reported 127,850 residents of Sedgwick County have been fully vaccinated, or 24.8% of the entire population. That ranks No. 73 of 105 counties in Kansas. The 33% of adults fully vaccinated is No. 68 in the state, and the 59.2% of senior citizens fully vaccinated is No. 72.

Nearly a month ago, on March 28, the CDC reported Sedgwick County had the worst, worst and third-worst rankings in those same categories.
          It's convenient that we had a rockin' Intrust Bank Arena over the weekend celebrating the riding of bulls. Probably not coincidental on the choice of entertainment. The spectators were likely 95% Trumpers. Irresponsible considering the sky-high daily infection rate that persists in this country.

Comment

• The next wave of the pandemic: Long Covid

The research is becoming only more clear: People who have had COVID — even those who never had severe infections — are at risk of ongoing health problems, including some serious ones.

Why it matters: Long after the majority of Americans are vaccinated, patients and the U.S. health system will likely bear the brunt of millions of people who are struggling to get back to normal.

Driving the news: Two studies released last week emphasized how common it is for COVID survivors to require care months after their infection.
            • One study, published Thursday in Nature, found that, between one and six months post-infection, people whose coronavirus cases didn't require hospitalization had a 60% higher risk of death than people who hadn't been infected with the virus, per the New York Times.
            • These non-hospitalized COVID patients also had a 20% greater chance of needing outpatient medical care over those six months post-infection. Their symptoms spanned across organ systems and also included mental health issues.
            • Some could become chronic health conditions requiring lifelong treatment.
            • “We found it all,” Ziyad Al-Aly, chief of the research and development service at the VA St. Louis Health Care System and an author of the study, told the NYT. “What was shocking about this when you put it all together was like ‘Oh my God,’ you see the scale."
            What they're saying: “We have hundreds of thousands of people with an unrecognized syndrome and we are trying to learn about the immune response and how the virus changes that response and how the immune response can include all the organ systems in the body,” Eleftherios Mylonakis, chief of infectious diseases at Brown University’s Warren Alpert Medical School and Lifespan hospitals, told the NYT.
            • “The health system is not made to deal with something like this.”
            I've been warning anybody who would listen about this for the last 10+ months. I'm starting to think I can sympathize with Noah's plight.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              https://www.kansas.com/news/coronavi...250934569.html

Sedgwick County now a ‘rapid riser’ in COVID rates as CDC reports positivity above 5%

It's convenient that we had a rockin' Intrust Bank Arena over the weekend celebrating the riding of bulls. Probably not coincidental on the choice of entertainment. The spectators were likely 95% Trumpers. Irresponsible considering the sky-high daily infection rate that persists in this country.
              Racist.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Fauci, Collins, CDC now say too much finger wagging at people for vaccinations and mask wearing. CDC needs to look again at mask wearing and use common sense instead of lectures and forcing them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  Fauci, Collins, CDC now say too much finger wagging at people for vaccinations and mask wearing. CDC needs to look again at mask wearing and use common sense instead of lectures and forcing them.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fauci-s...ns-11619373135
                  I have a finger to wag at Fauci, that's for sure...

Comment

• Some interesting comparisons....

europe1.JPG

europe2.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      Some interesting comparisons....

europe1.JPG

europe2.JPG
                      But I thought Europe was on lockdown and we’re just a bunch of MERICA LIBERTY idiots?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Racist.
                        Ask for a graphic of new cases by race. I dare you.

it’s not Bull Ride loving Trumpers, those haven’t even passed the incubation period to be included in reporting.

*feel dirty being on your butch ass side of an argument, but as I continually try to convince you the numbers don’t lie.

Comment

• Death counts in the US are hardly talked about. It's more difficult to find them on searches (admittedly, I'm mostly unplugged with the news, but I randomly check in and try to do some of my own research) than it was prior to mid January.

I haven't heard a single person blame President Biden for the ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY THOUSAND+ DEATHS ON HIS WATCH.

Where's the same blame? I mean he's so smart and such a good guy and great leader and doing everything right....the death's haven't stopped, so the blood is on his hands, right?

That is how it works, right?

WHERE ARE THE NUMBERS???!!!!

Comment

• Cold won't post the data when it doesn't favor his doom and gloom narrative. That's why he isn't as active in this thread right now.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I haven't heard a single person blame President Biden for the ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY THOUSAND+ DEATHS ON HIS WATCH.
                              That's because there's not a rational, unindoctrinated person on earth who would believe that. Had Biden been president when this pandemic hit, we wouldn't have even hit 140,000 deaths in total. He has exceeded all expectations in managing the **** show he was handed in January.

Comment

• https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/26/coro...few-weeks.html

Fauci says U.S. should see a turning point in the pandemic ‘within a few weeks’

White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said Monday that Americans should begin to see a turning point in the pandemic “within a few weeks.”

The United States has been averaging about 3 million Covid-19 vaccination shots per day, Fauci said. Meanwhile, the nation reported a seven-day average of 58,164 new Covid cases per day as of Sunday, according to a CNBC analysis of data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. That’s down 14% from a week ago.

If the U.S. continues its vaccination pace, “literally within a few weeks, we’re going to start to see a turning around of the dynamics,” Fauci said Monday during a virtual event hosted by the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
                                Great news! But not a time to let our guard down quite yet in public settings. A turning around of the dynamics is not reaching the finish line. I've said (as have most of the experts) that we will start to see normality return in the summer and towards the fall. Once daily infections fall below 10k, we can all begin to breathe a sigh of relief.

Then we will need to engage in a massive effort globally to put the Covid fire out in other countries. As anyone who has been following this pandemic knows, what happens in other countries eventually makes its way to ours. If we allow this virus to mutate unimpeded, we are playing a doubly dangerous game. With enough repetitions, this insidious, alien virus absolutely has the potential to evade our current vaccines.

So we continue to mask up indoors for a few more months, then as herd immunity begins to establish regionally, and eventually nationally, we can all start to breathe each others waste gases again. Then hopefully we'll dump our excess vaccine production on the rest of the world while developing the next iteration for the fall.

Comment

Working...
                                X