Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Trump would already be working on a booster to kick this things ass. Biden meanwhile is sittin on the couch eating puddin.
    Funny you mention that. Have you noticed how many more scientist are speaking out against the CDC on social media after this last round of recommendations? People have had enough with ineptitude. Someone should post Chip Roy’s rant yesterday…..

Comment

• A couple of other tidbits: about 50% of DC residents are vaccinated, but Biden received over 90% of the vote there. The American Teachers Union- 1.7 million strong- came out against mask mandates. Who do you think the majority of them voted for?

Yet in the eyes of the media, this issue lies strictly within political beliefs.
      Last edited by shoxlax; July 29, 2021, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        A couple of other tidbits: 40% of DC residents are vaccinated, but Biden received over 90% of the vote there. The American Teachers Union- 1.7 million strong- came out against mask mandates. Who do you think the majority of them voted for?

Yet in the eyes of the media, this issue lies strictly within political beliefs.
        One other "tidbit" about DC: Who do you think the ethnic majority is and why aren't they being called out like "others"?

For what ever reason, my wife usually watches The View even though all she does is gripe about them. As I was walking by, I noticed Whoopi and Sunny Hostin raggin' on those (you can guess who all) for not getting the vaccine. However, if they truly care so much, why don't they speak directly to "the ethnic group never named" they are a part of?

I am not being racist here. If I were them, I'd be stumpin' anywhere I thought it would help.

Comment

A couple of other tidbits: 40% of DC residents are vaccinated, but Biden received over 90% of the vote there. The American Teachers Union- 1.7 million strong- came out against mask mandates. Who do you think the majority of them voted for?

Yep it's all Trump voters who are not vaccinated right? That narrative is completely false. Many many many of the minorities who voted for Biden are not getting the vaccine, yet they are not being called out like Trump supporters. To me it's on Biden. The large number of unvaccinated are largely due to his failed methods.

Comment

• Another issue that is not being discussed at all is the impact all of the illegal immigrants who surged in to the country have had on Covid numbers increasing. Does anyone think very many of these people were vaccinated? Border Patrol has said there are 300,000 illegal immigrants who have gotten away when entering the country. Meaning we have no clue where they are or who they are. Think that has any impact on the increased Covid numbers?

Comment

• Just so you know, Gov. Kelly's new mask mandate means masks at the arena, basketball games, volleyball games, volleyball 101 etc.

There aren't enough expletives for me to explain my frustration.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Just so you know, Gov. Kelly's new mask mandate means masks at the arena, basketball games, volleyball games, volleyball 101 etc.

Yep….can’t like this post enough, Doc.

I know the shenanigans with the Big 12 is on everyone’s mind but thought the Gov Kelly mandate would get a little more attention on this board than it has.
                Last edited by shoxlax; July 29, 2021, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• ME: CDC, should I get poked if I already had Covid?

CDC: “Yes, you should be poked regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19.”

ME: Oh, okay, we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts. Got it. So, how long does poke-induced immunity last?

CDC: “There is still a lot we are learning about COVID-19 pokes and CDC is constantly reviewing evidence and updating guidance. We don’t know how long protection lasts for those who are poked.”

ME: Okay … but wait a second. I thought you said the reason I need the poke was because we don’t know how long my natural immunity lasts, but it seems like you’re saying we ALSO don’t know how long poke immunity lasts either. So, how exactly is the poke immunity better than my natural immunity?

CDC: …

ME: Uh … alright. But, haven’t there been a bunch of studies suggesting that natural immunity could last for years or decades?

CDC: Yes.

NEWYORKTIMES: “Years, maybe even decades, according to a new study.”

ME: Ah. So natural immunity might last longer than poke immunity?

CDC: Possibly. You never know.

ME: Okay. If I get the poke, does that mean I won’t get sick?

BRITAIN: Nope. We are just now entering a seasonal spike and about half of our infections and hospital admissions are poked people.

ME: CDC, is this true? Are there a lot of people in the U.S. catching Covid after getting the poke?

CDC: We stopped tracking breakthrough cases. We accept voluntary reports of breakthroughs but aren’t out there looking for them.

ME: Does that mean that if someone comes in the hospital with Covid, you don’t track them because they’ve been poked? You only track the UN-poked Covid cases?

CDC: That’s right.

ME: Oh, okay. Hmm. Well, if I can still get sick after I get the poke, how is it helping me?

CDC: We never said you wouldn’t get sick. We said it would reduce your chances of serious illness or death.

ME: Oh, sorry. Alright, exactly how much does it reduce my chance of serious illness or death.

CDC: We don’t know “exactly.”

ME: Oh. Then what’s your best estimate for how much risk reduction there is?

CDC: We don’t know, okay? Next question.

ME: Um, if I’m healthy and don’t want the poke, is there any reason I should get it?

CDC: Yes, for the collective.

ME: How does the collective benefit from me getting poked?

CDC: Because you could spread the virus to someone else who might get sick and die.

ME: Can a poked person spread the virus to someone else?

ME: So if I get poked, I could still spread the virus to someone else?

ME: But I thought you just said, the REASON I should get poked was to prevent me spreading the virus? How does that make sense if I can still catch Covid and spread it after getting the poke?

CDC: Never mind that. The other thing is, if you stay unpoked, there’s a chance the virus could possibly mutate into a strain that escapes the pokes protection, putting all poked people at risk.

ME: So the poke stops the virus from mutating?

CDC: No.

ME: So it can still mutate in poked people?

ME: This seems confusing. If the poke doesn’t stop mutations, and it doesn’t stop infections, then how does me getting poked help prevent a more deadly strain from evolving to escape the poke?

CDC: You aren’t listening, okay? The bottom line is: as long as you are unpoked, you pose a threat to poked people.

ME: But what KIND of threat??

CDC: The threat that they could get a serious case of Covid and possibly die.

ME: My brain hurts. Didn’t you JUST say that the poke doesn’t keep people from catching Covid, but prevents a serious case or dying? Now it seems like you’re saying poked people can still easily die from Covid even after they got the poke just by running into an unpoked person! Which is it??

CDC: That’s it, we’re hanging up now.

ME: Wait! I just want to make sure I understand all this. So, even if I ALREADY had Covid, I should STILL get poked, because we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts, and we also don’t know how long poke immunity lasts. And I should get the poke to keep a poked person from catching Covid from me, but even if I get the poke, I can give it to the poked person anyways. And, the other poked person can still easily catch a serious case of Covid from me and die. Do I have all that right?

ME: Um, hello? Is anyone there?
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Trumpers more angry at the masks than they are the disease. And the masks actually work. It's the damnedest thing I've ever seen. And some of these people raging while spittle flies out of their mouths are not total dummies; blind and incredibly uninformed, but not total dummies. It's this misguided rage that has us in the spot we are in today.

It all makes me so very sad.

Thanks to Gov. Kelly for standing w/ the doctors and making the difficult and unpopular (in Kansas) decisions.

Comment

• Can we just sign a law stating that we have to wear masks until there are zero infections already?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Yep it's all Trump voters who are not vaccinated right? That narrative is completely false. Many many many of the minorities who voted for Biden are not getting the vaccine, yet they are not being called out like Trump supporters. To me it's on Biden. The large number of unvaccinated are largely due to his failed methods.
                        That's correct. It is absolutely, totally, and undeniably on Trump and his incredibly gullible followers. It's been on them since the very beginning.

Find me one single video with an African-American (non Trumper) behaving in a similar manner and I will eat my words. They aren't out there screaming MuH LiBuRtY, they are just ignorant. I also give a pass to the ignorant non-minorities who are just scared and distrusting of modern medicine. All those people need, is education.

But there is an army of Trumpers who are all about the "**** You!" to anybody that asks them to do the right thing. And these selfish imbeciles believe that accepting the reality of the pandemic makes them a Democrat.

Comment

• How did I miss this gaffe from Biden a month ago?

”There’s a reason why it’s been harder to get African Americans, initially, to get vaccinated: because they’re used to be experimented on — the Tuskegee Airmen and others”

Comment

How did I miss this gaffe from Biden a month ago?

”There’s a reason why it’s been harder to get African Americans, initially, to get vaccinated: because they’re used to be experimented on — the Tuskegee Airmen and others”
                            It should be easy to understand for most, why African-Americans doesn't trust the U.S. government - particularly the at-risk age brackets.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Just so you know, Gov. Kelly's new mask mandate means masks at the arena, basketball games, volleyball games, volleyball 101 etc.

I missed this. I don't see us using our tickets in this scenario.

Comment

• I made a few posts earlier in this thread. I quickly learned that this thread is a "let 'er rip" circle jerk.

Those of us supporting vaccination said that the unvaccinated would provide a pool for the virus to mutate into something more dangerous than the original. The Delta variant doesn't seem to be more dangerous than the original that took out a lot of our citizens. It's exponentially more contagious.

As long as there is a population available for infection, there's the possibility that a more virulent and more deadly strain will evolve through mutation.

There's no guarantee that the next variant will be affected by either a previous infection with covid or a vaccination. We either kill this thing now or we risk living with it forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X