X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Hospitalizations and ICU usage in Sedgwick County currently showing rapid improvement ...

Depressive news for Cold.

Leave a comment:

• SHOXAAC
    replied
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Good call. The current vaccine works adequately if boosted.

Thank the good folks at Pfizer for me will ya? Tell them to "stand back, and stand by" ;) if/when the next variant emerges and we find ourselves in trouble again. There is absolutely nothing written in stone that says each successive variant will be more mild. The variants we have faced to date are not direct descendants of each other, they came from completely different parts of the family tree. And just in case somebody wants to argue with me on this point... don't. I mean... just don't lol.
    There are 8 blood pressure medications in the Angiotensin II Receptor Blocker (ARB) category for people who have high blood pressure. The medical community didn't block the 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th one to market. When dealing with a highly dangerous disease state like hypertension and a pandemic caused by COVID, the more quality drug options out there would make plenty of sense. So if a highly respected drug manufacturer is willing to bring another option to market and passes all the requirements, isn't that a good thing?

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Hospitalizations and ICU usage in Sedgwick County currently showing rapid improvement ...

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SHOCKvalue
    replied
    Originally posted by jdmee View Post
    Remember he is nothing more than a self admitted troll.
    He's got to unemployed, or self-employed and doing something that is earning very little at current. How would you POSSIBLY have time to engage online like he does and actually earn a living.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied

Thank the good folks at Pfizer for me will ya? Tell them to "stand back, and stand by" ;) if/when the next variant emerges and we find ourselves in trouble again. There is absolutely nothing written in stone that says each successive variant will be more mild. The variants we have faced to date are not direct descendants of each other, they came from completely different parts of the family tree. And just in case somebody wants to argue with me on this point... don't. I mean... just don't lol.
    Our local fire chief was in hospital for 3-4 weeks, and is sill on oxygen today. He had the vacc, and was boosted. Sometimes it works I guess.

Leave a comment:

• jdmee
    replied
    Remember he is nothing more than a self admitted troll.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied

Your post pleases me, not necessarily because of what you said, but because of how you said it. A lot of your facts are wrong, and I'll correct them in a moment, but the way you came to them was your own, free from the partially digested tripe that gets regurgitated into so many lesser brains on a daily basis.

1) Lockdowns absolutely kick the ball down the road. The entire point of them is to slow the spread, saving lives until better treatment options are available - namely, vaccines.

Give me a hard, 6wk lockdown - NATIONWIDE - on March, 2020, and I would have changed the course of the pandemic in this country. In my lockdown, the following measures would be implemented:
    • Zero unnecessary public interaction. Groceries/sundries would be ordered from the home/car/phone and delivered to trunk. Restaurants/bars would deliver, there would be ZERO inside dining/drinking during the lockdown. There would also be zero indoor worship services.
    • Essential workers would be tested every day for signs of sickness. If sufficient Covid testing was unavailable, we would test for white blood cell count spikes, and other physical cues for infection.
    • Suspected infected or exposed workers would be subject to mandatory quarantine or face arrest. The National Guard, Red Cross, etc. would bring food and supplies to those under quarantine. Contact tracing teams would randomly visit those under quarantine to help maintain compliance. Citizens found breaking quarantine would be contacted, apprehended, interrogated to find out who they may have come in contact with, and remanded to a public health facility for the remainder of their quarantine

Eventually the lockdown would transition to 100% masking indoors from sea to shining sea - no questions asked - with a hefty fine imposed for violators. No indoor dining/worship/shopping continues after lockdown. All companies would test and monitor workers daily. Infected would be contact traced with mandatory quarantine. The masking, quarantining, contact tracing, and testing would continue at max effort until vaccines released.

As positivity rates remain low, certain activities would be reopened. Masking remains 100% mandated indoors across the country. And yes, I don't give a **** if Woopaloo, Wisc. only has a population of 400... infection surges precede testing result surges. You must anticipate the virus, not react to it. Once the positivity rate spikes, you are already behind the 8-ball. So since we know the virus doesn't recognize borders, we mask and social distance EVERYWHERE.

2) All masks offer some form of filtration. Coronavirus-filled respiratory droplets range in size from 5nm (aerosolized) to hundreds or thousands. It has been proven that the severity of many respiratory infections (including Covid) are many times dose-dependent. There are many variables to go into here but... if you can reduce your exposure to Das Alien by any factor, it is a good thing. In fact, in many people, a light exposure to El Corona acts like a poor-man's inoculation.

So yes masks "work". N/KN95's work MUCH better than rags. None work perfectly, even with a smooth face. It's all about making the door to your squishy bits a little tighter.

3) "...because the viability of the current vaccine is nearly imperceptible up against omicron"

This is where you kind of went off the rails and showed a touch of brain damage. I would have been REALLY happy with your post had you not slipped up and screeched a little anti-vax propaganda. But... maybe you did it for the trolls/likes. ;)

Here are the facts:

Hence, if you followed my guidance and got your booster, your protection from infection was 50%, hospitalization 90%, and death 95%.

Sadly, protection from said booster starts to wane once again at 4-5 mos. I personally do not recommend a 4th booster yet at this time unless you are immunocompromised. There is talk of 4th boosters "overstimulating and weakening" the immune system. We don't want to do that.

Class dismissed.
    Lmfao

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by wufan View Post
    FYI…Pfizer has had an omicron vaccine ready to go since Christmas, but the Biden administration isn’t allowing it to be manufactured.

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; February 15, 2022, 12:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Lockdowns kick the ball down the road, short of literally nuking an entire population off of the face of the Earth.

Masks are effective - N95's on up, applied to smooth or shaved faces, and donned appropriately. So you know, like 0.5% of the population, probably less. Everything else is a pretty massive meh up against omicron.

The vaccine as it is formulated today was certainly a credible step in the defense of delta, but is arguably worthless for omicron. Stats are out there staring us in the face. I hazard to use the word "arguably" in the earlier sentence, because the viability of the current vaccine is nearly imperceptible up against omicron.
    Your post pleases me, not necessarily because of what you said, but because of how you said it. A lot of your facts are wrong, and I'll correct them in a moment, but the way you came to them was your own, free from the partially digested tripe that gets regurgitated into so many lesser brains on a daily basis.

1) Lockdowns absolutely kick the ball down the road. The entire point of them is to slow the spread, saving lives until better treatment options are available - namely, vaccines.

Give me a hard, 6wk lockdown - NATIONWIDE - on March, 2020, and I would have changed the course of the pandemic in this country. In my lockdown, the following measures would be implemented:
    • Zero unnecessary public interaction. Groceries/sundries would be ordered from the home/car/phone and delivered to trunk. Restaurants/bars would deliver, there would be ZERO inside dining/drinking during the lockdown. There would also be zero indoor worship services.
    • Essential workers would be tested every day for signs of sickness. If sufficient Covid testing was unavailable, we would test for white blood cell count spikes, and other physical cues for infection.
    • Suspected infected or exposed workers would be subject to mandatory quarantine or face arrest. The National Guard, Red Cross, etc. would bring food and supplies to those under quarantine. Contact tracing teams would randomly visit those under quarantine to help maintain compliance. Citizens found breaking quarantine would be contacted, apprehended, interrogated to find out who they may have come in contact with, and remanded to a public health facility for the remainder of their quarantine

Eventually the lockdown would transition to 100% masking indoors from sea to shining sea - no questions asked - with a hefty fine imposed for violators. No indoor dining/worship/shopping continues after lockdown. All companies would test and monitor workers daily. Infected would be contact traced with mandatory quarantine. The masking, quarantining, contact tracing, and testing would continue at max effort until vaccines released.

As positivity rates remain low, certain activities would be reopened. Masking remains 100% mandated indoors across the country. And yes, I don't give a **** if Woopaloo, Wisc. only has a population of 400... infection surges precede testing result surges. You must anticipate the virus, not react to it. Once the positivity rate spikes, you are already behind the 8-ball. So since we know the virus doesn't recognize borders, we mask and social distance EVERYWHERE.

2) All masks offer some form of filtration. Coronavirus-filled respiratory droplets range in size from 5nm (aerosolized) to hundreds or thousands. It has been proven that the severity of many respiratory infections (including Covid) are many times dose-dependent. There are many variables to go into here but... if you can reduce your exposure to Das Alien by any factor, it is a good thing. In fact, in many people, a light exposure to El Corona acts like a poor-man's inoculation.

So yes masks "work". N/KN95's work MUCH better than rags. None work perfectly, even with a smooth face. It's all about making the door to your squishy bits a little tighter.

3) "...because the viability of the current vaccine is nearly imperceptible up against omicron"

This is where you kind of went off the rails and showed a touch of brain damage. I would have been REALLY happy with your post had you not slipped up and screeched a little anti-vax propaganda. But... maybe you did it for the trolls/likes. ;)

Here are the facts:

Initial data from the United Kingdom confirms some fears regarding the new strain. A “fully vaccinated” individual with two doses of mRNA vaccine is only protected from Omicron infection roughly 25% of the time. That percentage jumps to 50% in triple-vaccinated individuals. Protection from hospitalization and death in those with two and three doses is much greater than protection from infection. Two-dose prevention of hospitalization is roughly 57%, whereas three-dose prevention jumps to approximately 90%. This rise is mirrored in protection from death, as two doses prevent death 59% of the time, while the rate for three doses skyrockets to 95%. If anything, this data is an advertisement to immediately get a third dose of vaccine.
    Hence, if you followed my guidance and got your booster, your protection from infection was 50%, hospitalization 90%, and death 95%.

Sadly, protection from said booster starts to wane once again at 4-5 mos. I personally do not recommend a 4th booster yet at this time unless you are immunocompromised. There is talk of 4th boosters "overstimulating and weakening" the immune system. We don't want to do that.

Class dismissed.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
    Speaking of making money, here's an interesting story from Politico last week about how one of Biden's cabinet members made money off of BioNTech stock he held. If you're not familiar with BioNTech, they're the mRNA company who came up with the vaccine and then partnered with Pfizer to get it out to the world:

So he promoted the vaccine and then sold when the stock hit $400 plus a share. The stock now trades for around $160. Lander is suppose to resign this week due to allegations he had engaged in bullying and abusive conduct directed against his subordinates and other White House staff.
    Shady MF'er! Just how Biden likes em.

Leave a comment:

• Ted Lasso's Neighbor
    replied
    Speaking of making money, here's an interesting story from Politico last week about how one of Biden's cabinet members made money off of BioNTech stock he held. If you're not familiar with BioNTech, they're the mRNA company who came up with the vaccine and then partnered with Pfizer to get it out to the world:

Serving as Biden’s top science adviser, Eric Lander, the head of the Office of Science and Technology Policy, publicly promoted Covid-19 vaccination efforts while having a significant financial investment in one of the vaccine makers, according to financial disclosures.

Under the White House’s ethics agreement Lander signed, he had 90 days to divest his stocks after he was confirmed by the Senate on May 28. While Lander shed the bulk of that stock in June — including shares of BioNTech SE, the German biotechnology company and Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine partner — he waited until Aug. 5 to sell the remaining $500,000 to $1 million worth of stock he held in that company. When Lander ultimately sold the stock 69 days after his confirmation, it was the company’s second-highest stock price ever at $404.92 a share, having shot up more than $50 a share from two days prior.

As a member of the president’s Cabinet, part of Lander’s job was to promote the administration’s vaccination efforts in an effort to fight against the Covid pandemic. Andin the weeks before that Aug. 5 transaction, he did just that in addition to meeting with Biden about his multibillion-dollar plan to prepare for the next pandemic.
    So he promoted the vaccine and then sold when the stock hit $400 plus a share. The stock now trades for around $160. Lander is suppose to resign this week due to allegations he had engaged in bullying and abusive conduct directed against his subordinates and other White House staff.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I knew it was either him or Biden
    Easy to confuse the two...

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Exactly.
    I knew it was either him or Biden