• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    Roll Tide Roll!

“ZERO”

“Zero”

But but but death is not the only bad thing with Covid...

Comment

Roll Tide Roll!

“ZERO”

“Zero”

I wonder where they got that list of 29 schools. Clearly more schools than that have done testing. I wonder if they were picked because they have no hospitalizations? Not trying to be difficult, just want the facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I wonder where they got that list of 29 schools. Clearly more schools than that have done testing. I wonder if they were picked because they have no hospitalizations? Not trying to be difficult, just want the facts.
        Good point Facts are hard to come by.

I need a 'pat on the back' for this 'gif'. Should have saved it for the protest thread.

WLM!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You sure about that?

When? Both Norway and Finland started surging over a month ago at the beginning of August. You are predicting Sweden will follow? When will we see Sweden spike again, and how bad will it be?

As of right now, Sweden has a total 14 people in their entire country in the ICU. 14. Out of 10,000,000.
          Perhaps they are the all-time great example of how you combat a viral outbreak with social distancing. It has already been noted that they are a very lonely, compliant people. Cultural factors played a part in the snuffing out of hot spots rather than herd immunity. That being said, nobody on earth besides the American Trump Machine agree that Sweden did it better than their Nordic cousins: Norway, Denmark, and Finland. As bad as Sweden had it, they got lucky.

While Sweden didn't officially lock down, many in the country have described a locked-down "feeling" that has eased in the summer months.

At the start of the outbreak, only high schools and universities closed; daycare and elementary schools have been open. Businesses have also remained open, but typically at reduced hours, and restaurants have functioned at reduced capacity.

Swedes have been asked to keep their distance in public, refrain from non-essential travel, and work from home when possible. Gatherings of more than 50 people are also banned. People age 70 and over are advised to stay away from others as much as possible.
          As you can see, the government was clearly not telling them to throw a punk rock festival and engage in moshing until everyone was infected. They scattered and they hid for the most part.

They also had front-row seating watching their neighbor's Italy and Spain burn to the ground. It was a constant reminder of what would happen if they ****ed up.

And yes, spikes will happen as long as the virus is alive inside their borders. A virus always finds a way until it's eradicated.

That being said... if they continue to maintain that "locked-down" feeling, the virus will remain under control until there's a vaccine or the entire population is infected. The moment they let their guard down, infections will skyrocket.

Comment

Roll Tide Roll!

“ZERO”

“Zero”

Let's just say I'm dubious. Nice caveat at the bottom though which effectively makes the entire Tweet not factual.

P.S. Anybody check to see how the parents are doing? Of course college kids will have a low incidence of issues. This is not news. They are the quintessential viral seeders and part of what makes this such an insidious, alien, bug.

Comment

Good point Facts are hard to come by.

I need a 'pat on the back' for this 'gif'. Should have saved it for the protest thread.

WLM!

Blue Boy episode. Maybe my favorite Dragnet episode!! Spoiler alert, Benjie OD's and dies at the end.

Reality, man, reality! I could see the center of the earth! Purple flame down there with a pilot light! All the way down! Purple flame down there and a pilot light!
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Teachers in at least three states have died after bouts with the coronavirus since the beginning of the new school year.

Coronavirus-related deaths of young teachers raise alarm as new school year begins

Teachers in at least three states have died after bouts with the coronavirus since the beginning of the new school year. The deaths have left a teachers' union leader worrying that the return to in-person classes will have a deadly impact across the U.S. if proper precautions aren't taken.
                AshLee DeMarinis is shown in an undated photo provided by her sister, Jennifer Heissenbuttel.JENNIFER HEISSENBUTTEL / AP
                In Missouri, AshLee DeMarinis was just 34 when she died Sunday after three weeks in the hospital. She taught social skills and special education at John Evans Middle School in Potosi about 70 miles southwest of St. Louis.

"The kids absolutely adored her. She was a brilliant special ed teacher," former coworker Mandy Blanks told CBS affiliate KMOV.

In South Carolina, officials with Richland School District 2 say 28-year-old Demi Bannister was diagnosed with the virus on Friday and died Monday. Bannister was a third grade teacher starting her fifth year of teaching at Windsor Elementary School in Columbia.
                Trying to catch up with all the news. Been very busy lately and I'm headed outta town tomorrow. ;P

Somewhere back in this thread I commented that teachers will die when schools open. I believe it was wufan that immediately said, "no they won't". I don't make this post in honor of myself. I really don't want any credit for my 99.99% accuracy on the topic except for the fact that I was clear-thinking and unaffected by the political environment around me. Everything I've said in this thread is not magical and borne out of wicked "geniusness". Just open your eyes people.

That being said, I was not for keeping schools closed in areas that had low positivity rates. Essentially I am in total agreement with Dr. Fauci on the issue. I just said that "we will have teachers die" - and we will; and we have.

That is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                  That being said, nobody on earth besides the American Trump Machine agree that Sweden did it better than their Nordic cousins: Norway, Denmark, and Finland. As bad as Sweden had it, they got lucky.
                  Except your Godsend, the WHO:

One of the World Health Organization’s six special envoys on COVID-19 has highlighted Sweden’s virus response as a model that other countries should be emulating in the long run.

Dr. David Nabarro, speaking in a radio interview with Magic Talk in New Zealand, said, “For all countries, the real approach we’ve got to aim for is through behavior that’s adopted everywhere.”

Nabarro said the key to a sustainable coronavirus strategy is trust, and pointed to Sweden as a case in point. The Nordic nation imposed far fewer restrictions on movement than others, and instead relied on Swedes to act responsibly and embrace the guidelines laid out by the country’s health authorities.

“In Sweden, the government was able to trust the public and the public was able to trust the government,” Nabarro said.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-d...l-year-begins/

Trying to catch up with all the news. Been very busy lately and I'm headed outta town tomorrow. ;P

Somewhere back in this thread I commented that teachers will die when schools open. I believe it was wufan that immediately said, "no they won't". I don't make this post in honor of myself. I really don't want any credit for my 99.99% accuracy on the topic except for the fact that I was clear-thinking and unaffected by the political environment around me. Everything I've said in this thread is not magical and borne out of wicked "geniusness". Just open your eyes people.

That being said, I was not for keeping schools closed in areas that had low positivity rates. Essentially I am in total agreement with Dr. Fauci on the issue. I just said that "we will have teachers die" - and we will; and we have.

That is all.
                    So what is the overall % of teachers that have died since schools opened back up and what were these teachers pre-existing conditions, if any?

Comment

• How the Coronavirus Attacks the Brain

It’s not just the lungs — the pathogen may enter brain cells, causing symptoms like delirium and confusion, scientists reported.

The coronavirus targets the lungs foremost, but also the kidneys, liver and blood vessels. Still, about half of patients report neurological symptoms, including headaches, confusion and delirium, suggesting the virus may also attack the brain.

A new study offers the first clear evidence that, in some people, the coronavirus invades brain cells, hijacking them to make copies of itself. The virus also seems to suck up all of the oxygen nearby, starving neighboring cells to death.

It’s unclear how the virus gets to the brain or how often it sets off this trail of destruction. Infection of the brain is likely to be rare, but some people may be susceptible because of their genetic backgrounds, a high viral load or other reasons.

“If the brain does become infected, it could have a lethal consequence,” said Akiko Iwasaki, an immunologist at Yale University who led the work.
                      Forty percent to 60 percent of hospitalized Covid-19 patients experience neurological and psychiatric symptoms, said Dr. Robert Stevens, a neurologist at Johns Hopkins University. But the symptoms may not all stem from the virus’s invasion of brain cells. They may be the result of pervasive inflammation throughout the body.

For example, inflammation in the lungs can release molecules that make the blood sticky and clog up blood vessels, leading to strokes. “There’s no need for the brain cells themselves to be infected for that to occur,” Dr. Zandi said.
                      SUPER interesting, "sciency" article. Very unique too! I haven't read many like it. I even created a free membership to the Failing New York Times to read it. Come at me bros! LOL! All you need is a Google acct. I used a spam account. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

So what is the overall % of teachers that have died since schools opened back up and what were these teachers pre-existing conditions, if any?
                        I don't have time for any back and forth bro. I just came to post and jet! I believe Rush Limbaugh would call it "Drive-by" reporting. I will offer you one response though:

Comment

• I have come to view Colds posts much like news reporters. Take yesterday's breaking news article criticising Trump, do a save as Today's breaking news article criticising Trump. Change a few lines and you have a brand new article.
                          All the while thinking you are beaking a great story.

Comment

• "Randy, I need a big drinky poo"...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                              I have come to view Colds posts much like news reporters. Take yesterday's breaking news article criticising Trump, do a save as Today's breaking news article criticising Trump. Change a few lines and you have a brand new article.
                              All the while thinking you are beaking a great story.
                              No more news for now! Have a safe weekend everyone! I'm starting mine early. :P

Comment

• Oh dangit! I almost forgot!

I got a report from a friend of mine that was infected with Covid earlier in the year. After several months of being virus-free this person still suffers neurological damage including continued loss of smell and taste. This is months after being infected...

My advice remains the same: DO NOT catch this insidious, alien, virus if you can help it. There are many unknowns that will eventually become known.

Death... is not the only bad Covid-19 outcome.

GOOD DAY TO YOU GENTS!

Comment

Working...
                                X